Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Us

I tried to watch the movie twice, but just couldn't get into it. I thought the previews were amazing and terrifying and stuff, but the movie just dragged. And when the doppelgängers started talking, that just ruined it for me. I didn't make it much further than the closet scene.

Having said that, I can't wait for the house! I liked the look of the movie so can't wait to see it recreated in the house. And seeing as I loved the trailer and just felt that stretched into a 2 hour movie (or however long it is) it just didn't work - hoping a 5 minute house makes it awesome.

This is still at the bottom of my hype list, but have a feeling it will be a great and scary house.

I've never seen it, so looks like my weekend viewing is all sorted. Seems like the biggest question mark though based on response. Could be bad, could be a sleeper hit. But I do have to watch it to get some idea of where they might be going.

So I saw the movie a bit ago. I thought it was OK. It's definitely well-made, but I thought it couldn't stick the landing. Started getting bored at the end.

From setpieces, the house is very translatable; but for scares... I don't know.

Oh yeah, honestly I am kinda excited to go into like the Vision Quest thing and even the ending bunker with the rabbits.

Scare wise, it's gonna fill the slasher quota. It's the closest thing to one this year I'd say.

I wasn't very scared watching Us either, but I loved the experience of actually watching it (it's such a dang pretty movie), so I dunno. Funny enough, I thought the ending fight was one of the coolest things I've seen all year, and I'm including Spiderman: FFH in there. As long as they translate that, I'll be happy.

I have to admit I was not excited hearing the rumors about this house. I loved the film, but I just could not see how it would translate. After watching that announcement video, I’m stoked. I just hope the scares are not lackluster like blumhouse.

The press release highlights that the guest will discover that they are their worse enemy. What could this be? New tech? Mirror effects? And how would this work in the conga-line walkthrough of the house? There’s just a lot of questions but this property, I feel, is going to be incredible as a house!

The press release highlights that the guest will discover that they are their worse enemy. What could this be? New tech? Mirror effects? And how would this work in the conga-line walkthrough of the house? There’s just a lot of questions but this property, I feel, is going to be incredible as a house!

My cynical assumption is it's just hype slang relating to the movie.

My heart wants it to be something like this. :grin:

Hoping for two things in this house:
- Pas De Deux and/or 5 On It (Tethered mix) playing in or around it
and
- Some representation of my favorite scene in the entire movie, which is the "dance" between Adelaide and Red in the tunnels. The blog post mentions a "deadly dance" so I'm HOPING this means we'll see that scene!!

Hoping for two things in this house:
- Pas De Deux and/or 5 On It (Tethered mix) playing in or around it
and
- Some representation of my favorite scene in the entire movie, which is the "dance" between Adelaide and Red in the tunnels. The blog post mentions a "deadly dance" so I'm HOPING this means we'll see that scene!!

Considering they got the Tethered mix in the house trailer I think that's all but guaranteed.

I don’t keep up with all the rumors and what not but I’m so excited to see this house and what they do with it. I loved the movie and really wanna try and make a trip down to Orlando for HHN this year