Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Us

I mean, they did the black wall finale like Orlando (which means they get a pass), they had black walls in the Upside Down (again, a pass because it's dark), and I think there was one or maybe two short hallways. Nothing as egregious as "Poltergeist", "Halloween 4", or "Trick r' Treat". All of those were NOTICEABLY barren while "Stranger Things" felt much more built out.

But back to "Us", do we think the mirror maze will be at the beginning and near the end? They mention it being near the beginning in the article.

I don't wanna drag out an argument, but it should be noted that those black halls in Poltergeist, First Purge and H4 at least were confirmed by Murdy to be scenes originally that got cut due to budgetary restrictions. I doubt Murdy meant that Black Walls are just how HHN does their mazes, moreso that money is limited and some things need to be cut.

I don't wanna drag out an argument, but it should be noted that those black halls in Poltergeist, First Purge and H4 at least were confirmed by Murdy to be scenes originally that got cut due to budgetary restrictions. I doubt Murdy meant that Black Walls are just how HHN does their mazes, moreso that money is limited and some things need to be cut.

That's valid on those houses, but it is an ongoing issue with HHN Hollywood and not just confined to last year.

I understand having to cut scenes for budgetary concerns, but theming is not that difficult. For instance, in "The Shining" there were a lot of black hallways that only needed some hotel wallpaper to be fully themed.

I am going to step down off of my soapbox now as this is neither talk about "Us" nor a discussion about Hollywood's version of that house.

When I watched "Us" I immediately wanted that owl scare. If that's not in the maze, I will probably like it less.

Is there any chance that there could be sand in this maze? I really would love to feel sand as we walk into shamans quest and hearing a ocean faintly in the background

I would be surprised if they had sand as I imagine they would be concerned about safety and accessibility. I have only ever seen sand used in one house and it was a vampire house at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. It does feel amazing, but I imagine the liability of it would keep Universal from using the real thing.

I was just texting my friend who isn’t very excited saying there’s not much they could do with the house and this is what I came up with.

1.Facade shamans quest (crazy man with sign)
Mirror maze with little girl getting abducted
2. Following hallways have tethered screaming doing weird poop everywhere.
3. Projection of girl dancing creating revolution
4. Main family’s house invasion (have family standing outside somehow)
5. White familys house (in my dreams f the police playing but it will be good vibrations)
6. Scene with tv saying it’s a nation wide event ( white twins not dead scare)
7. Merlin’s quest facade
8 hallway with final battle/dance
9. Tethered scene all holding hands around you being hella creepy.

I was just texting my friend who isn’t very excited saying there’s not much they could do with the house and this is what I came up with.

1.Facade shamans quest (crazy man with sign)
Mirror maze with little girl getting abducted
2. Following hallways have tethered screaming doing weird poop everywhere.
3. Projection of girl dancing creating revolution
4. Main family’s house invasion (have family standing outside somehow)
5. White familys house (in my dreams f the police playing but it will be good vibrations)
6. Scene with tv saying it’s a nation wide event ( white twins not dead scare)
7. Merlin’s quest facade
8 hallway with final battle/dance
9. Tethered scene all holding hands around you being hella creepy.
welp, here we go again.
You could enter through the family house and go through the living room, have a scare by abraham with his baseball bat. Enter into a closet, and have a unmasked pluto as a scare. Enter into another facade to the tylers house, with tex as a scare. Enter into the foyer, with lo and nix as scares. The bedroom would have Dahlia cutting her face open. Have a small outdoor area with a car scare. You can also have a small town section with a pluto dummy, and red popping out from between a dumpster. You can then have a mirror maze transition into the lab, with that hallway with all of those rabbits. You can have a small room with Adelaides and reds fight, but that`ll might be to difficult to translate into a maze. Then you can end it with all of those clones holding hands, of course some will jump out to scare.

welp, here we go again.
You could enter through the family house and go through the living room, have a scare by abraham with his baseball bat. Enter into a closet, and have a unmasked pluto as a scare. Enter into another facade to the tylers house, with tex as a scare. Enter into the foyer, with lo and nix as scares. The bedroom would have Dahlia cutting her face open. Have a small outdoor area with a car scare. You can also have a small town section with a pluto dummy, and red popping out from between a dumpster. You can then have a mirror maze transition into the lab, with that hallway with all of those rabbits. You can have a small room with Adelaides and reds fight, but that`ll might be to difficult to translate into a maze. Then you can end it with all of those clones holding hands, of course some will jump out to scare.
As long we have a scene at the end with all the tethered I’m 100% sold!

So between Us and Yeti, which one is going on the west side of the soundstage (ST4, Dead Waters, WDv5, BC3, DU), and which one is going on the east side (CGY, Fallen, GT2, FvJ, AvP)?

Last edited:
I completely agree and if they did do something that dumb hopefully it would only be one scare actor.

Actually...

Set the finale in a hall of mirrors with a ton of Tethereds holding hands with mirror masks, with some of the guys being actors. It'll feel artistic and it gets around the issue of actors in makeup being too easy to differentiate from dummies.

Actually...

Set the finale in a hall of mirrors with a ton of Tethereds holding hands with mirror masks, with some of the guys being actors. It'll feel artistic and it gets around the issue of actors in makeup being too easy to differentiate from dummies.
The hall of mirrors with Myers was terryfying, lovely if it came back.
Simon Pegg's lost doppleganger. Haha