Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Us

Updated hype list
1. US
2. Ho1C
3. Depths of fear
4. Killer klowns from Outer space
5. Monsters
6. Ghostbusters
7. Yeti
8. Stranger things
9. Nightingales

I’m really hoping US blows us away I honestly feel there is a ton of potential for this house!

Yeah, now that I think about it, this really isn't ninth on my anticipation list. Objectively I don't think it'll be the best house, but I'm still very intrigued for whatever reason.
Honestly I’m just glad to see a movie that’s not a sequel or a remake get its own time to shine! It wasn’t the best movie but for what it was I can’t wait to see how the house is!

Just as an aside, Peele loves Universal. Went as a kid and loves HP.

From Jordan Peele’s All-American Nightmares – Rolling Stone:

On his way into the faux-Hogwarts, which hosts a ride called Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, Peele grins at a 48-inch-high sign warning “You must be at least this tall to ride.” “I’ve been trying to pitch a Get Out ride,” he says. “It’s my ongoing joke — ‘You have to be this color or darker to enter.’ I don’t know how they would do it.” He pauses. “But someday, I’m going to have a ride.”

Somebody told me they could have the tethered have masks that were mirrors so you would see yourself! While I think this would be extremely cheesy it would also work.
The return of the mirples?!

a03a4454915645bd13ceda286fa52f16.jpg

don't wanna sound like a downer but I was hoping we would get creep show as well but instead we got this.

I'm fine without Creepshow since a good part of it will be stuff not from the movie, but from the upcoming show on Shutter (another subscription service) which does not premiere until well after the event begins.

There is always next year, some things are worthy of the wait and I think Creepshow is one that is definitely worthy to wait, there are many other properties as well but who knows, next year it should be making it's presence known, the first half of the maze will be three stories from the film that weren't from King and the rest is three episodes from the series, it's well balanced, Universal has done it before Dracula Untold and others but I think their maze will be spot.

As for US, I'm going in this house with a open mind, yes it seems very confusing to understand that transition from movie to house but I do believe that Universal will do their absolute best with this maze, based on the description, I feel like they do their best with the attention to detail and stuff.

Is the film good? I heard people either raving or meh-ing about it

I'm not looking terribly forward to the house

IMO it’s one my favorite horror films of all time. It’s pretty divisive though because of the ending but all in all it’s pretty good. Lupita Nyong'o + the soundtrack are undeniably the best parts of the movie and the Tethered are very creepy villains.

I'm fine without Creepshow since a good part of it will be stuff not from the movie, but from the upcoming show on Shutter (another subscription service) which does not premiere until well after the event begins.

It's only two parts out of five are from the new show. We're also getting the Crate, Father's Day, and They're Creeping Up on You from the OG movie.

Either way, you can be sure this is coming next year anyway, as Murdy's been pretty open about the possibility of it returning in 2020.

A mirror effect on an actor will look bad. I mean, say the persons small and the actors tall, they have to knell down to make the effect work. Same for the opposite, the actor has to go on there toes for it to work. And say the guest is white, but the actor has black hands. There's so many flaws.

Is the film good? I heard people either raving or meh-ing about it

I thought it wasn't super scary. It was more twisty than anything - which I welcome in a movie. I like thinking movies. (The experience was ruined a little by an uber-rowdy crowd. I feel like Peele likes getting people to think, and I'm not sure the crowd was there for anything other than a horror film.)

I think the house will be fine. There's plenty of material they can dig into and work with. The Tethered characters are freaky enough.

I thought it wasn't super scary. It was more twisty than anything - which I welcome in a movie. I like thinking movies. (The experience was ruined a little by an uber-rowdy crowd. I feel like Peele likes getting people to think, and I'm not sure the crowd was there for anything other than a horror film.)

I think the house will be fine. There's plenty of material they can dig into and work with. The Tethered characters are freaky enough.
Really all you need it creepy characters and loud noises

Really all you need it creepy characters and loud noises

✅ and ✅

Honestly between all of the IPs, this is the one I’m most excited to see how it comes out in real life(although I’m more excited for ST because of Starcourt). The sound design is gonna absolutely be a highlight though; Beach Walk, Anthem, Pas de Deux, the “Once Upon a Time” speech, and the Tethered Remix of I Got 5 on It all better appear in the house.