HHN 29: Yeti: Terror of the Yukon | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 29: Yeti: Terror of the Yukon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Can anyone clarify what the arm scare actually is? I always turn around and look up after it, and I feel like I’ve seen it as both an animatronic arm and a person in an all-black morphsuit with just the one yeti arm. Is this right, or has it always been a person that I just can’t see?

Can anyone clarify what the arm scare actually is? I always turn around and look up after it, and I feel like I’ve seen it as both an animatronic arm and a person in an all-black morphsuit with just the one yeti arm. Is this right, or has it always been a person that I just can’t see?

It’s always been a person! And hypothetically you shouldn’t be able to see them, so if you did it may of been someone who was firecrew or reserve or otherwise new to the role!

Reactions: tankart150
It’s always been a person! And hypothetically you shouldn’t be able to see them, so if you did it may of been someone who was firecrew or reserve or otherwise new to the role!
Awesome! Yeah, I guess it was. He saw me see him and did a little “shhh” with his finger. Are you part of that house/do you know someone who is? I’d love to hear more!!

The Yeti's in this house last night were definitely good with the scares again, got hit with every single one and a few bringing the claws close to the face XD

Awesome! Yeah, I guess it was. He saw me see him and did a little “shhh” with his finger. Are you part of that house/do you know someone who is? I’d love to hear more!!

Not technically. I think I’ve mentioned it before but I work on the more... “behind the scenes” kind of stuff. But from my previous years scareacting I feel like I know at least one person everywhere as well too lol.

Had the joy of going through this on a windy 70-degree night, which wouldn’t be too rough were I not a tiny girl in shorts and if Florida hadn’t been as consistent in its impossible humidity before. Anyway, I always love Yeti, but the cast is getting bolder here, too. Lots of Yetis putting themselves in my way. Turned around a bit to look at the “shh” scare (no guests behind me and I didn’t stop walking) only to find that the Camo Yeti had his hand in front of my face. I always get startled and stop when someone does this, because they’ve been doing it everywhere, but part of me just wonders what would happen if a guest just continued walking. Would the scareactor mind accidentally getting touched/touching the guest?

From prior experience, they move their hand. :lol:
Not only hands, though. Street scareactors have gotten literally inches from me, sometimes even while I’m in full stride, and they wouldn’t have enough time to completely move out of the way if I kept up my pace, especially with crowds keeping them in. The hand in Yeti was only maybe eight inches away, so he may have had time, but still. I did ask my UTH tour guide about it and she said while she can’t personally confirm it, it’s almost guaranteed that they’ve been trained to be more aggressive with getting in your way this year.

Not only hands, though. Street scareactors have gotten literally inches from me, sometimes even while I’m in full stride, and they wouldn’t have enough time to completely move out of the way if I kept up my pace, especially with crowds keeping them in. The hand in Yeti was only maybe eight inches away, so he may have had time, but still. I did ask my UTH tour guide about it and she said while she can’t personally confirm it, it’s almost guaranteed that they’ve been trained to be more aggressive with getting in your way this year.
The scareactors aren’t “trained” to do anything except push a button and appear (unless they have an advanced effect).

The “hand in your face” is both parts lazy and easy if you figure out the trick — the hand doesn’t stop moving. It’s typically a “swipe” (though sometimes more akin a jab). Some guests develop tunnel-vision when in a house or zone, so the only part of the “swipe” is the moment it’s in front of their face.

You typically don’t bother with guests who scan around them unless you can time it right.

The scareactors aren’t “trained” to do anything except push a button and appear (unless they have an advanced effect).

The “hand in your face” is both parts lazy and easy if you figure out the trick — the hand doesn’t stop moving. It’s typically a “swipe” (though sometimes more akin a jab). Some guests develop tunnel-vision when in a house or zone, so the only part of the “swipe” is the moment it’s in front of their face.

You typically don’t bother with guests who scan around them unless you can time it right.
No, I mean streets, for the most part. It much more rarely happens in houses. It’s mostly Vanity Ball and Zombieland where it’s happened; they’ll scare and step in front of you, putting their whole body in the way without moving for several seconds. When they reach at your face but continue to walk, that’s one thing, but I’ve come really, really close to stepping on a lot of feet because of a dead stop. There’s one girl in Vanity Ball that I was centimeters away from running into, and that’s what freaks me out. I don’t want anybody to get hurt because I didn’t stop for them, but I don’t feel like you should have to. Like you said, I’m not sure if it’s just “laziness” like they’re trying to take up all of my attention to make sure they startle me as opposed to doing a real scare, or if they were told to be more aggressive. All of this is only compared to last year’s zones, though, so that was the only basis I was going off of in terms of direction.

Oh, but speaking of direction, to tie it all back to Yeti, who’s been watching the “shhh” man? I haven’t seen him going as crazy with his shaking/spams/elderly-man trembles, but he was super active last night. The scare is already sort of comedic with the door thing, but him going over the top is so fun. The more that I think about it, the more that I realize that, somehow, the Yeti cast still has their energy up even at the end of the night. From the “what the hell are those things guy, to the man with the gun right before the ice caves, to almost every single Yeti (especially Big Bad Yeti at the end), everyone just looks so animated. I say somehow because I’m familiar with just how heavy those Yeti costumes are (not as bed as Depths, but close), so I’d expect them to be worn out by close, but they were just as savage as they were at open if not moreso. Even just three runs between 1:45 and 2 actually let me see an increase in energy with only a few exceptions. Yeti kicks ass.

I've always wondered this but I never heard anything about it, with the one scare where the yeti arm would swipe down from above you, did it ever hit anybody? Through my run-throughs it always got dangerously close and I'm pretty sure it brushed against me once but never a full on smack. With how close it would get I'm left wondering if they ever accidentally hit someone?