HHN 30 Construction Thread | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 30 Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Cannibal BBQ is a choice

Oh, no doubt about it. But I appreciate they're going there since it's very fitting with TCM being nearby. Speaking of which, it's honestly a neat touch that the themed food tents are next to the house entrances of their respective IP's. An while I have no idea if this was planned from the beginning or another little addition that was added with the extra year, it's yet another touch which is making this year all the more special.

AN AWARD WINNING CHOICE. The secret is in the meat.

I hope they serve chili, I hear they have a really good cook.

For anyone who has attended then event pre 2010, what is so special about Treaks and Foons? I know they were a part of the anniversary house at XX and it seemed very misplaced among the more serious toned rooms. I keep seeing them referenced and brought back multiple times, and I just don't understand why; unless they are a fan favorite which would explain why.

Reactions: SeventyOne
For anyone who has attended then event pre 2010, what is so special about Treaks and Foons? I know they were a part of the anniversary house at XX and it seemed very misplaced among the more serious toned rooms. I keep seeing them referenced and brought back multiple times, and I just don't understand why; unless they are a fan favorite which would explain why.

The entire zone was literally filled up with bubbles as if you were in a bubble bath. If you google it you can see how interesting it was.

Because it was so odd and out-of-place even at the original event -- yet they kind of worked. Closest recent comparison I can think of is HHNBear. Sometimes the fandom just latches on to something odd, and it becomes a meme.

Because it was so odd and out-of-place even at the original event -- yet they kind of worked. Closest recent comparison I can think of is HHNBear. Sometimes the fandom just latches on to something odd, and it becomes a meme.
Well ok that makes sense then. I missed them when they first were at the event, but saw them at HHN 20, and was confused.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Treaks and Foons were one of the first legitimately “fun scary” zones. In a way, it was ahead of its time as the vibe fits far more with the “block party” atmosphere of a lot of modern zones than the pure “edgy scary” of the aughts.

Add in that it has great, original costumes and the recurrence is obvious.

Treaks and Foons were one of the first legitimately “fun scary” zones. In a way, it was ahead of its time as the vibe fits far more with the “block party” atmosphere of a lot of modern zones than the pure “edgy scary” of the aughts.

Add in that it has great, original costumes and the recurrence is obvious.
I remember the foam machines

When I say Toon Lagoon was absolutely covered in foam..I really mean it

As a little kid the foam was way taller than me...add in that the Treaks and Foons would come out of nowhere

I'm not sure if it's my favorite zone of all time, but gosh it's close

All that being said, they could never do that again haha

I remember the foam machines

When I say Toon Lagoon was absolutely covered in foam..I really mean it

As a little kid the foam was way taller than me...add in that the Treaks and Foons would come out of nowhere

I'm not sure if it's my favorite zone of all time, but gosh it's close

All that being said, they could never do that again haha

That sounds incredible!!

Definitely looks like a earthquake hit the theater, especially with the leaning/downed poles, and I'm digging the simple yet awesome approach to the entry tunnel for Wicked Growth.

As for HoHH, the mural is about what I expected for the outside of the warehouse. I don't mind since we definitely know there's quite a façade waiting inside!