HHN 30: Employee Preview Thread | Page 10 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 30: Employee Preview Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thanks to everyone with the reports, beforehand I'll admit I was a little concerned on the initial word of visibility issues through the plexi/vinyl, so it's great to hear that's looking to be a non-issue! (No pun intended.)

As for masks, my parents and I were already planning to wear ours inside the houses, so I have zero issues if they end up mandatory for the guests in there.

All in all, I'm definitely feeling more excited for the event. Gotta' wait three weeks, but it's gonna' be real nice returning to the Horrah. I know my parents are getting more excited for their first HHN by the day.

Beetlejuice- I'm prob going to get a lot of hate for this but plexiglass ruined this house. It's done so well in all of the other houses and this one is just so obvious. Basically no changes from last year, its a funhouse but in my opinion, it's not a must-do.

Hearing that things have mainly stayed the same from last year, I got a feeling part of that is due to Hollywood botching things on their end. Since they lost it, I can imagine Orlando was content on keeping things the way they were to keep WB happy.

Reactions: snayberry
Hearing that things have mainly stayed the same from last year, I got a feeling part of that is due to Hollywood botching things on their end. Since they lost it, I can imagine Orlando was content on keeping things the way they were to keep WB happy.
Beetlejuice wasn’t getting changed. The house that opened last year in Orlando was the house WB approved.

Wasn't BJ only open for a day last year?

I wouldn't have even considered it being changed due to its limited showing

I would argue zones isn't where HHN shines, but they sound decent for the most part this year

All the lore service is enough for me to be giddy anyway
Zones have not been all that great for years imo. The zones have deteriorated to the point that if a zone is passable (which, imo, the Eddie zone is, although not much better), fans will applaud. And if people have fun, that's all that matters, just in most zones since TWD has been around (22 and later) there just hasn't been much to like imo. It's mostly just been walking through to get from house to house. The chainsaw hoards are usually the stars every year for me.

Zones have not been all that great for years imo. The zones have deteriorated to the point that if a zone is passable (which, imo, the Eddie zone is, although not much better), fans will applaud. And if people have fun, that's all that matters, just in most zones since TWD has been around (22 and later) there just hasn't been much to like imo. It's mostly just been walking through to get from house to house. The chainsaw hoards are usually the stars every year for me.
I agree, HOS does zones really really well

HHN does theatricality and set design really really well

Although, I'm hearing the zones are great...for HHN lol

Reactions: Nick
This thread simultaneously got me even more excited about the event and even more terrified I’m catching Covid this weekend…
i would just say personally i would try to have n95 masks or surgical masks, cloth masks are not as effective as those 2.

On another note, if they are cramming people that tight into HNF without the stadium being full, that is a big no-no.

this sounds pretty dangerous and insane, specially if the stadium had room to spread out,

I still hold strong that PsychoScareapy Unleashed at 25 was one of the best zones that they've done. It's pretty much been downhill since that.

My all-time #1. But it found ways to address the two problems facing "modern" zones: it had enough open space to allow even a huge crowd to pass through without overwhelming the actors, and it found a way to organically incorporate selfies. Too many zones since are set up like it's 2007 and don't account for the crushing crowds or half the guests trying to snap a pic with the scary monster for the 'Gram.

for these being the zones for the 30th anniversary, they might be the worst zones they came up with theme and decoration wise from the vids we see
the actors will do their best and im glad hhn is back, but they are very disappointing for a 30th anniversary. might be the worst in the past 6 years

• Haha
Reactions: snayberry
for these being the zones for the 30th anniversary, they might be the worst zones they came up with theme and decoration wise from the vids we see
the actors will do their best and im glad hhn is back, but they are very disappointing for a 30th anniversary. might be the worst in the past 6 years

Yes, let's judge based on a video from technical rehearsals.

I think the zones will benefit from the casts having more time in them and figuring things out. Even Seek and Destroy, which has been largely derided, managed to connect with some.

It's definitely "Wait n See". People seem to forget that HHN is a fluid event. A lot of houses and zones can improve or get worse as the event goes along.

It's definitely "Wait n See". People seem to forget that HHN is a fluid event. A lot of houses and zones can improve or get worse as the event goes along.
Not only is the event fluid, but TM Preview night itself is literally one of the main times to test these things to find places for adjustment.

Very little value should be put into TM Preview night realistically. Reactions are going to skew positive (HHN 29's preview had people commenting on here that Ghostbusters could be HOTY and then most people felt very underwhelmed towards it), things won't be fully fleshed out yet, experiences won't be completely normal, crowd levels are dramatically different, etc. Take the preview as a time to discover some spoilers, maybe help adjust your gameplan, and not much else IMO.

Not only is the event fluid, but TM Preview night itself is literally one of the main times to test these things to find places for adjustment.

Very little value should be put into TM Preview night realistically. Reactions are going to skew positive (HHN 29's preview had people commenting on here that Ghostbusters could be HOTY and then most people felt very underwhelmed towards it), things won't be fully fleshed out yet, experiences won't be completely normal, crowd levels are dramatically different, etc. Take the preview as a time to discover some spoilers, maybe help adjust your gameplan, and not much else IMO.

Exactly why universal removed the comp pass for TM previews: it was used by media, vloggers, etc for event “reviews” so they could be first.