Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN-Based Films?

Failed joke aside, a lot of times I hear talk about HHN based shows and films it’s always about the logistics. But what about the QUALITY? What are steps that would be taken that ensures properties based on characters like Jack, Bloodengutz, and the Meetz family would fare well and be entertaining; instead of boring failures?

Failed joke aside, a lot of times I hear talk about HHN based shows and films it’s always about the logistics. But what about the QUALITY? What are steps that would be taken that ensures properties based on characters like Jack, Bloodengutz, and the Meetz family would fare well and be entertaining; instead of boring failures?

Jack is a character I feel would be very much talked about intensely on *how* to handle the subject. Especially when the creators and those who have breathed life into them, are still well active in the themed entertainment industry.

Could be a Revenge-Horror film for Jack; focusing on the path he takes leading to his initial demise and the ressurection.

They likely wouldn’t do a Jack movie without seriously reworking his story. His story is so derivative of Freddy Krueger (pun-happy child predator is killed and comes back to life to get revenge), the broader movie going public would view it as a pale imitation.

Director or Caretaker have more potential to stand out as original movie.

Jack is a character I feel would be very much talked about intensely on *how* to handle the subject. Especially when the creators and those who have breathed life into them, are still well active in the themed entertainment industry.

Could be a Revenge-Horror film for Jack; focusing on the path he takes leading to his initial demise and the ressurection.

What creators specifically?
I think the problem with Jack is that he owes a lot to the character from Dc Comics the Joker. Comedic personality, perky female minion, etc. Granted he’s still more interesting than Joker has been in recent years but still.

They likely wouldn’t do a Jack movie without seriously reworking his story. His story is so derivative of Freddy Krueger (pun-happy child predator is killed and comes back to life to get revenge), the broader movie going public would view it as a pale imitation.

Director or Caretaker have more potential to stand out as original movie.

Jigsaw beat the former to it. In fairness Freddy was only pun-happy in the sequels and people don’t talk about those often.

Jigsaw beat the former to it. In fairness Freddy was only pun-happy in the sequels and people don’t talk about those often.
Director’s motivations, methods, and focus are entirely different from Jigsaw. The Director character actually lends itself to a slow-burn psychological film along the lines of Audition or Black Swan instead of Saw.

And that’s why NoES 3 is considered the best of the series?

What creators specifically?
I think the problem with Jack is that he owes a lot to the character from Dc Comics the Joker. Comedic personality, perky female minion, etc. Granted he’s still more interesting than Joker has been in recent years but still.

Michael Roddy and other members of Universal A&D are still active in the themed entertainment sphere. And you say that about Joker, but I'd also argue Jack comes to the benefit of the clown stigma. A stigma not just played in part to icons like Joker, but also Pennywise (And if we go a bit more deep, the Killer Clowns of Outer Space).

I agree with Legacy that the slow-burn psychological thriller/horror suits Director really well. I'd say for Storyteller is a simple horror anthology; Lady Luck is a subversion of a heist movie with horror elements, and ironically enough, Caretaker works really well for a murder mystery kind of film.

Director’s motivations, methods, and focus are entirely different from Jigsaw. The Director character actually lends itself to a slow-burn psychological film along the lines of Audition or Black Swan instead of Saw.

And that’s why NoES 3 is considered the best of the series?

I never seen Black Swan nor Audition; so could you tell me why you think this way about the Director?

I watched NOES 3 a few days back and honestly Freddy wasn’t that quippy in that film, he had his fairly serious moments. Yes there was Prime Time, but one of the most famous kills of the series was the puppet walk scene; of which Freddy remained entirely humorless.

Going back to Jack; I think the Freddy similarities are only a problem if they were to do a film based entirely on the origin story. The character itself is not really Krueger; Bloody Mary is more Kruegeresque considering her implied warping powers and the vagueness about if she’s actually a ghost. Jack is just some fairly “normal” guy who uses weapons such as sledgehammer and woodchippers. And Freddy never got a girlfriend.

I never seen Black Swan nor Audition; so could you tell me why you think this way about the Director?

I watched NOES 3 a few days back and honestly Freddy wasn’t that quippy in that film, he had his fairly serious moments. Yes there was Prime Time, but one of the most famous kills of the series was the puppet walk scene; of which Freddy remained entirely humorless.

Going back to Jack; I think the Freddy similarities are only a problem if they were to do a film based entirely on the origin story. The character itself is not really Krueger; Bloody Mary is more Kruegeresque considering her implied warping powers and the vagueness about if she’s actually a ghost. Jack is just some fairly “normal” guy who uses weapons such as sledgehammer and woodchippers. And Freddy never got a girlfriend.

That's kind of the benefactor though of what makes Jack..work.

He is in all essence, a reborn agent of chaos if we follow the story of Jack Schmit, a man who vile in his ways; was ressurected and in the prospects of it; seeks vengance to the man he was hired by, Doctor Oddfellow.

Have a film that begins in the 1920s, leading to the initial death of Jack The Clown and the stuffing of Jack The Clown in the box; kick off the rest of the film as an inversed horror movie in modern day, and then in a sequel, you could touch upon Jack's brother Eddie--and what has happened to the rest of the Schmit family since the 1920s. The reputation, of the Schmit family, following the discovery of Jack Schmit's murder spree then, to the murder sprees of Modern Day.

I agree with Legacy that the slow-burn psychological thriller/horror suits Director really well. I'd say for Storyteller is a simple horror anthology; Lady Luck is a subversion of a heist movie with horror elements, and ironically enough, Caretaker works really well for a murder mystery kind of film.

Ignoring the very obvious problem that the first character has, what types of genre do you think would work for Bloody Mary, The Usher, and Adaru the God of Fear were they to get films?

Ignoring the very obvious problem that the first character has, what types of genre do you think would work for Bloody Mary, The Usher, and Adaru the God of Fear were they to get films?

I'd be happy to hear what is that very obvious problem.

__

Bloody Mary feels like it could go in two directions. Either one, it'd be a take similar to that of Alice in Wonderland, focusing on the dimension of which the mirrors are; or two: not focusing on her at all as a central horror character. But rather, Boris Schuster, and the case that led to Mary Agatha and Boris coming against each other.

Usher oddly feels like it'd make sense in a paranormal aspect. A story of uncovering the truth of which of Julius's death, and to cleanse the Palace Theater of him.

I'd be happy to hear what is that very obvious problem.

__

Bloody Mary feels like it could go in two directions. Either one, it'd be a take similar to that of Alice in Wonderland, focusing on the dimension of which the mirrors are; or two: not focusing on her at all as a central horror character. But rather, Boris Schuster, and the case that led to Mary Agatha and Boris coming against each other.

Usher oddly feels like it'd make sense in a paranormal aspect. A story of uncovering the truth of which of Julius's death, and to cleanse the Palace Theater of him.

The whole Bobbie Weiner thing is what I meant.

What do you mean about the dimension of mirrors? I want to see Usher in a found footage type work oddly enough. I think Fear could work for some mythological/fantasy film.

The whole Bobbie Weiner thing is what I meant.

What do you mean about the dimension of mirrors? I want to see Usher in a found footage type work oddly enough. I think Fear could work for some mythological/fantasy film.

I feel like the way that they'd differentiate is by focusing not on the Bloody Mary pathos: But on Mary Agatha, and opting to a supernatural level of horror that delves into multi-dimensional travel. Albeit change up the way you call Mary Agatha like how Candyman subverts the rule of three. Could even be Multiversal depending on how they'd classify the characters.

If I had to invest in a horror based universe, this is how I'd rule it.

Phase One
Film One: Jack The Clown (Revenge/Inverse-Revenge Horror)
Film Two: Boris Schuster's Investigation of Mary Agatha (Mystery/Action Horror)
TV Mini-Series: The StoryTeller (Anthology Series along the scale of Creepshow)
Film Three: The New Cut: Director (Psychological/Suspense Horror Film)
TV Mini-Series: The Case of Albert Caine (Murder Mystery)
Film Four: Legendary Truth (Collision based film focusing on the conflict of multiple Icons in modern day, budding against and alongside eachother)

I think what would be cool for a movie based on 2002 would be instead of basing it on Albert Caine the Caretaker of Shady Oaks, it would be based on the original concept that year; that of Cindy Bearer, the poor lonely child of very disturbed funeral workers (and later “food providers”).

Let’s shake things up, are there any particular (actual) film directors you would like to see helm specific pictures about HHN? (Ex: Taika Waihiti directing a Bloodengutz movie.)

I imagine a pumpkin lord movie like this

Wicked growth the sacrifices

6 college students are lured to a Halloween Festival in Carey Ohio” the townsfolk is welcoming until things start to unfold on Halloween Night. Halloween is Alive and Well and evil has grown the 6 must survive until dawn, or become the pumpkin lords cult sacrifices of All Hallows’ eve.