Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

View attachment 5697
Translation (I tried my best):

Hawkins used to be a peaceful city, until a few days ago when that atmosphere dissipated and showed the strangest facts ever reported. Little Will is still missing, vanished without a trace and now there are those who claim that a terrible creature took him away. Will's mother, Joyce, has lost her sanity completely and no one wants to help her. Tonight you'll be part of the search group to find Will, crossing mysterious places like Joyce's house, the dark forest, the laboratory where strange and unusual things happen, but be careful where you go, the terrifying creature can be real ...
EDIT: Found a walkthrough if any of you want to watch

Nice catch on this! This is the first I have heard about this. I am a huge fan of stranger things but I don't want this as a maze. I just don't think it would fit, especially if you haven't seen the show it may be confusing.

Thanks to everyone here I follow on IG. The pics and videos from last night even made me teary eyed haha Onwards and upwards to 2018!

That's can also be seen as a negative. The fact that it hasn't really changed drastically (apart from moving to the backlot), is putting itself at risk of becoming stale, if it hasn't already. Each maze, each year rely on similar set design, similar scares, the same IP repeated time and time again, ect. Without knowing any of next year's properties I have a pretty darn good idea what next years event will be like just basing it on the past 3-4 years.

This is mainly why I went to Knotts instead this year. HHN just looked like much of the same and none of the properties other than The Shining really interested me to be honest

Anyone who went to closing night last year remembers before even the event started that night, maybe even the day before, all of the merch was gone. During the festivities towards closing, there was a massive mob of people surrounding the scareactors to see them do the final chaseout.

This year, there was so much leftover merch on clearance, they had to constantly shout to everyone that it was all 75% off. During the chaseout, there was only a good handful of people to watch. That’s a testament to how poorly received this year was.

This year, there was so much leftover merch on clearance, they had to constantly shout to everyone that it was all 75% off. During the chaseout, there was only a good handful of people to watch. That’s a testament to how poorly received this year was.
Or maybe this year, they ordered way more merch because they ran out too early the year prior. And maybe chainsaw chaseout is getting old, just like Terror Tram. As tame as this year was, I wouldn't say those two things are anywhere near indicators of guest satisfaction.

I honestly believe that Stranger Things would be a better fit at Knott's if they ever decided to go back to IPs.
This actually may be true. And they'd have to take a lot of creative liberties to make it work. To the point of it being stupid. Ever notice how the first 85% of a Knotts maze is great until the end, they try to twist the nightmare to become bigger than reality, and suddenly there's giant animatronic monsters and actors dressed in outfits that make no sense to the story anymore? Every Knotts maze ever. Even the "good" ones. Paranormal Inc is one of 'em. I love a good KSF maze, but sometimes they need to end way sooner than they do so they don't go overboard. HHN has fallen victim to this a few times as well, but those endings always made sense, and it doesn't happen in every maze like KSF does. Anyway, as I was saying, Stranger Things would totally work at KSF -- just don't expect it to fully be Stranger Things. Sometimes this is good (The Grudge/Quarantine), sometimes this is bad (Beowulf). Who knows.

One minor change that could've made The Shining that much better:

Instead of blackout Hallways you spend a few extra bucks to make detailed overlook hotel hallways!!!!:bang::jaw:

One minor change that could've made The Shining that much better:

Instead of blackout Hallways you spend a few extra bucks to make detailed overlook hotel hallways!!!!:bang::jaw:
Mhm, felt the same about the "You fight like a girl" hallway in AvED, Just make it look like a cabin dammit!

When I first heard about Titans of Terror, I thought it was gonna be Freddy, Jason and Leatherface escaping the uber fan's nightmare and wrecking havoc in his neighborhood, and you would go in between houses and stores, looking at the carnage and victims of those 3 slashers.

When I first heard about Titans of Terror, I thought it was gonna be Freddy, Jason and Leatherface escaping the uber fan's nightmare and wrecking havoc in his neighborhood, and you would go in between houses and stores, looking at the carnage and victims of those 3 slashers.
I think if it was a planned from the beginning maze we could’ve seen something like that, a much more original take. But since it was a replacement maze, it makes sense for it to just be a reuse of Freddy Jason and Leatherface, but it was one of the best mazes of this year

I thought something similar, like what they did with the AVP maze. Honestly, if they want to repeat ToT just so they can do that, I'm all for it. I was also thinking it may just be a nightmare with all 3 slashers included, but spearheaded by Freddy like the '08 Terror Tram. And I had like 2 other ideas of what it could be. But no matter what I was thinking, it was all the characters AT ONCE, not separated, so I was disappointed in that aspect but I still thought it was a decent maze. And even with the idea they did choose, it should have been, as said, all 3 titans returning at the end to kill the boy.