Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2013

U

UniversalFan

Now that T2 and the Wild West Venue is gone, how many mazes do you think HHN will have for this year? 

1W1in.jpg

As you see, WW Venue and T2 is gone, how will this affect HHN 2013. And i heard rumors that HHN 2013 is going to scrap out their scarezones and "replace" it with street experiences like what HHN Orlando did for HHN 22.

Never too early to speculate! I am probably going to move this topic into a different area though, sweethearts. Let me talk to Jon about getting something set up for seasonal events discussion. If the thread vanishes sometime soon don't panic.

Edit: Here we are, thread all safe and sound! Now, TO CONTINUE! 

They probably will use the Wild West area again, it's a good spot for a maze. Count on JP and Mummy extended queues still being used, House of Horrors being used, and...well maybe this year they'll bring back Slaughterworld to balance if they have to cut a maze. I saw a video of Slaughterworld on youtube and actually really enjoyed it, it was hilarious. Still haven't seen Bill & Ted's but I hear good things about it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, but that is where the scareactors get their makeup stuff on.

Boy, can't believe we're talking about Halloween Horror Nights this soon.

I was blown away by the production value of last year's event. I'm sure anything they put on this year will be just as good - hopefully.

About Wild West, I don't think that should be a concern. Worst comes to worst, they use the Globe Theater - huh?

Well, for EyeGore Awards, they need the Globe theater, and the queue line..

They probably will use the Wild West area again, it's a good spot for a maze. Count on JP and Mummy extended queues still being used, House of Horrors being used, and...well maybe this year they'll bring back Slaughterworld to balance if they have to cut a maze. I saw a video of Slaughterworld on youtube and actually really enjoyed it, it was hilarious. Still haven't seen Bill & Ted's but I hear good things about it. 
I thought last year's Bill & Ted's was a bit of a letdown. I really enjoyed it in 2009 and even more so in 2010 but it just doesn't seem as great. Slaughterworld was amazing though.

Here's what I've heard:

-There should be a house in the WWW arena this year, but it may very well be our last house in that venue.

-There will be one last house in Shrek. The venue will be spared very shortly before its demise for Potter construction.

-There will be a house BEHIND Despicable Me instead of in the queue this year (And yes, the ride will be open during the event).

-VERY likely we'll see more than one show this year. The event DESPERATELY needs it. It's far too crowded.

-This is going to be a REALLY good year.

That's all I've got for now.

Having a house behind Despicable Me/Terminator makes sense.

I was surprised at how much room they had in that area last year. Makes you wonder if they could ever add anything to that area during normal park hours.

We are going to be expecting a third and final Alice Cooper Maze. Talking to some of my HHN comrades, we've all heard that John wanted to make it a trilogy of mazes. Having talked to John myself this does seem the case.

Looking forward to it. Alice Cooper was just plain fun last year.

Any other major developments TraceBrony?

Not yet however I plan to talk to John at Monsterpalooza 2013 this year as he's attending. I'll let you all know of any new developments. I have heard murmurings of the possibility of a American Horror Story maze, possibly based on the asylum season. Also Walking Dead MAY return as according to my scareactor friend it was the number one maze last year. However these are mere murmurings and should be treated as such till later confirmation. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
We are going to be expecting a third and final Alice Cooper Maze. Talking to some of my HHN comrades, we've all heard that John wanted to make it a trilogy of mazes. Having talked to John myself this does seem the case.
This sounds right.

Also, an update regarding the Despicable Me venue. It sounds like there won't be a house behind it after all. To compensate for that, they should be moving it to a new venue. We are still going to have six houses.

Interesting to hear. Any reasons why?

There's plenty of room back there, unless they think Despicable Me will use the extended queues.

That couldn't happen for a number of reasons.
1) TF needs the extended queue during HHN.

2) No room for a queue, there are no current fire permits for an after-hours queue between the extended queue and Stage 28, and if they got them the queue would be in constant danger of being taken down for emergency access.

3) You could barely fit a maze in there anyways. It's actually quite small.
Oh I was just guessing. Any chance of having a second house near the area that Silent Hill was?