Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2013

Interesting to hear. Any reasons why?
There's plenty of room back there, unless they think Despicable Me will use the extended queues.
I've not exactly sure why, but it's possible fire codes have gotten in the way or the fire has delayed the opening of the ride.

Also Bern, what do you mean by "near the area that Silent Hill was"?

Last edited by a moderator:
Also Bern, what do you mean by "near the area that Silent Hill was"?
Sorry, I meant to say next to Transformers near Silent Hill. Because they were able to squeeze in Silent Hill, maybe they could do something like this:

8447445840_4824ef22d0_c.jpg

That might be too close to the studio. Not sure if Universal is willing to sacrifice production in lieu of the theme park.

Plus, I think that's studio real estate.

I wonder if Halloween Horror Nights makes enough of a profit that Universal is willing to employ the studio or perhaps even some normally-restricted guest areas to reintroduce the same number of mazes as they did in previous events.

I already know they did something similar last year and the year before, but given all this construction, I'm wondering if Universal is willing to go 'beyond the call of duty' to bring this event back.

Judging from the attendance last year, I'm guessing they make plenty of bank on this event.

Just remember all the scare actors they have to pay and the ride ops they have to pay extra for working those nights. Plus extra security for the crowds, power costs, more makeup they have to buy, makeup artists to hire, etc. I'm sure they make money, but they do have a lot of costs that go into each night too.

For 2013 I hope that they do more with the lower lot as far as decorations go. I have a feeling Rob Zombie will be involved. I'd say it's safe to say a third Alice Cooper maze will happen. American Horror Story is plausible. A follow up to Walking Dead is definitely a possibility. I would love to see something Evil Dead related come to the event. Slaughterworld would be a welcomed return.

For 2013 I hope that they do more with the lower lot as far as decorations go.
I agree. I thought the silent hill scare actors were really good but they just weren't scary. and there weren't any props or decorations around them. Only lots of fog and nice lighting. 

I think it was in 07 or 08 they had the car from The Hitcher next to the Panda Express along with a bloody body part filled fridge and some other props with carnage added to them. They had heavy fog and horror clips playing on the monitor that used to be out front of Special FX stages. I think it was much darker down there too.

For 2013 I hope that they do more with the lower lot as far as decorations go. I have a feeling Rob Zombie will be involved. I'd say it's safe to say a third Alice Cooper maze will happen. American Horror Story is plausible. A follow up to Walking Dead is definitely a possibility. I would love to see something Evil Dead related come to the event. Slaughterworld would be a welcomed return.
Walking Dead was fantastic, and I don't have any doubts about its future. Slaughterworld on the other hand...well. I guess it could help with capacity.

Planning to cover the event this year Bruce?

John Murdy has been teasing everyone on twitter talking about the possibility of something very different and cool that could happen this year. He is being very general with it. Makes me really wonder what it is haha.

Walking Dead was fantastic, and I don't have any doubts about its future. Slaughterworld on the other hand...well. I guess it could help with capacity.
Planning to cover the event this year Bruce?
Of course! If all goes according to plan I'll be living in LA for school so I can help out with video and whatever else for this site. I'll be getting an on board light for my T3i so I can do maze videos this year.

Of course! If all goes according to plan I'll be living in LA for school so I can help out with video and whatever else for this site. I'll be getting an on board light for my T3i so I can do maze videos this year.
Would you be willing to use our equipment (Canon VIXIA HF G20)? I have some ideas that we can hopefully use.

Not sure if they would appreciate the light though. I heard John Murdy complain about it too, so I try my best to preserve the feel of the maze without any external light.

I wonder if Halloween Horror Nights makes enough of a profit that Universal is willing to employ the studio or perhaps even some normally-restricted guest areas to reintroduce the same number of mazes as they did in previous events.
I guess they will according to John Murdy on Twitter

"People have asked if there will be less mazes due to all the new construction in the park...all I can say right now is NO! That won't happen"

I saw that!

I'm wondering how that's going to work. I'm assuming it's still going to be located in the theme park, since studio space is almost guaranteed to be off limits.