Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2013

Oh everyone, yesterday when I went to the park I had a chat with the policeman with the cool mustache in new york street. He recognized me from the last few times I went and noticed I was wearing a lot of my HHN attire. Being a huge fan of the event He wanted to know what I thought about last year and I told him I loved it of course. However I then brought up the space issue that we've all been talking about. As we were standing near where the The Walking Dead maze was last year, I brought up where possibly could they put the maze? He said not to worry because what they've been told is they will still utilize that location for a maze and Grinchmas. So there will be a maze using that location :)

Also having gone over John's maze hint in my mind "Trickster", I have concluded that it may indeed be Trick R' Treat. The movie's main icon Sam is the incarnation of Halloween in the shape of a demonic Trick or Treater. 
2012-10-28-trick_treat.jpg

I've always figured they will still use that area. They have the potential to do something really big in there for HHN. As for Trick'R Treat, do you guys think it will have scenes/storyline from the movie, or do you think it will be an original maze, using the name and main character? I'm thinking the later would happen.

I've always figured they will still use that area. They have the potential to do something really big in there for HHN. As for Trick'R Treat, do you guys think it will have scenes/storyline from the movie, or do you think it will be an original maze, using the name and main character? I'm thinking the later would happen.
I am also thinking it would be an original maze. Wouldn't be the first time they have done that haha

I think original with some elements from the film (hopefully the mentally disabled zombie kids). Of course Sam would be included.

trickster = Jack or trick or treat. Be honest i would like to see jack or tot in horror nights but trickster is very carnival to me. besides that there is no doubt universal has a big budget for hhn this year s we'll see...

oh yeah first post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sources say that a maze will be put on one side on Waterword que. During the last refurb of WW attraction que line was adjusted for easy removal. This will most likely take place of the T2 maze.

Sources say that a maze will be put on one side on Waterword que. During the last refurb of WW attraction que line was adjusted for easy removal. This will most likely take place of the T2 maze.
Is that enough space for a complete maze? I don't think that's enough space, unless they take a significant chunk of the queue out. Not exactly sure how that would work out, since WaterWorld still uses its queue pretty heavily.

Unless they use the venue for a show during HHN (I doubt it), then that wouldn't be a big deal. Even weekend days during October are notoriously slow: the families stay away due to the decor and the rest just wait for HHN! I think Waterworld show control would be just fine.
In that case, seems like a logical place. I must have confused my seasons.

What would you like to see return to HHN 2013. To me their are many which wouldn't warrant returns(such as Texas, walking dead, Silent hill). I would like to see either Monster Remix or La LLorona return for one more run. Monsters Remix and La Llorona(and to a lesser Alice but he will get a new maze) are the only Original ideas they used and the strongest to return.

I really loved La Llorona, so here's hoping that returns. Remix was probably the lowest experience on my list, but I'm pretty sure it'll stay given its location. Other than that, everything else seemed very strong.

I haven't developed a critical look at the event, so I'm not one to ask. Everything seemed fine, haha.

2010 was awesome Jason Freddy Jigsaw and Zombies craziness made it awesome!

2011 was meh I really loved The Thing maze and La Llorona that's about it...

On a nother not just saw Evil Dead and as I fan of the original trilogy I give it 2 thumbs up

Now that said would Universal make a Evil Dead maze with a cabin and the demon and all that good stuff? :)

I would like to see a return of la llorona and the walking dead. What they need to do is get rid of the clowns. Walking dead could have scenes from the new season. Texas chainsaw was not that great silent hill I'm divided.

The Thing I would love to see return in some form, I absolutely loved that maze. Walking Dead will most likely reappear this year. I have a feeling Evil Dead might show up which would be great. I would also like to see more use of Game properties, Silent Hill was very well done. In Japan's HHN they had a really cool Resident Evil Theme. Here's some footage :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KgVjoX94NI