HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016 | Page 115 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
When I went on the last night of the event last year, it wasn't very crowded. I'll probably be doing that again this year as well.

We got hit with every single scare, though I will say I was very underwhelmed by the pea soup smell. My friend was worried about it and when we got out he said it smelled more like a shoe store than anything!  :p

I didn't smell anything this year in Exorcist. Anyone else get pea soup?

What type of Krampus cards has everyone gotten? I've only gone once and got the card below. Curious to see the others!

View attachment 103

I literally just noticed I am holding it upside down, wow.  :lol:

Here's an upright pic:

Cvow_1zUAAEYJ7e.jpg

I didn't smell anything this year in Exorcist. Anyone else get pea soup?

Totally pea soup, but not incredibly strong. It was much weaker in Orlando, however.

Per Murdy, there seems to be no plans for extension at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm too lazy to take a picture at the moment, so I'll do it later. But I got the Krampus card with the candy cane shank! I had fun working "Nice" into my conversation with the delivery man. I believe I went with, "You look so cold! That doesn't seem nice." And because of the lack of a line and the people behind us stopping to talk to him too, we were basically alone going into the maze and it made it ten times more fun!

Edit because I meant to quote it originally:

I did, smell got stuck on my nose the whole night, not terrible, but definitely very... vegetabley? 

I remembered your post about it being stuck to you the whole night and I made sure to shove my friend in front of me when Regan sprayed.  :p

View attachment 103

I literally just noticed I am holding it upside down, wow.  :lol:

Here's an upright pic:

Totally pea soup, but not incredibly strong. It was much weaker in Orlando, however.

Per Murdy, there seems to be no plans for extension at the moment.

That's a cool card! I want these as my Christmas cards haha

Reactions: Ryan
I actually think it might be The Exorcist and Krampus. 

My only question is on The Exorcist. While I get its a classic "horror" film, I would question what it's guest rating is compared to other houses like FvJ and Halloween. I don't hate the house, but I would think that it's a one trick pony IP..

Did Murdy not get the hint last year that people don't like repeat houses? AvP always had WAY shorter lines (at least the times when I went) than all the other mazes last year because it was a repeat. 

I just wanted to post my experience. 4 of my friends and I went Opening Night and we had FoL, thank God. We all entered the event around 6:40-ish and left around 12AM, as we had finished all the mazes, terror tram, and did 2 rides (The Mummy and Jurassic Park). The Purge scare zone was the best this year, better than 2014's and 2013's, which was my favorite one originally. The Gauntlet got us really good since we were the only group going through it. There were large groups surrounding the entrance to it, but they seemed hesitant because maybe they didn't understand what it was exactly. The purgers teamed up on all of us and it was pretty good. We were SUPER lucky with Terror Tram. No one was really going on it and even the lady at the FoL station asked us if we were positive if we wanted to use our FoL for this attraction since there were only several other groups. We decided to use it anyways since we do Terror Tram to get it out of the way. Because we were placed in the first cart and walked pretty fast in the Whoville area, we didn't have to stop at all throughout the mini-maze at Bates Motel. We also skipped the line that led to the Psycho House and walked hurriedly to the Clown mouth with some other couple. All in all our terror tram experience was quick and we get every scare, not having to wait in long lines during it like most videos show and some people claim. After getting a bite to eat, we hit up WD; neither lines were moving at all which caused a huge chunk of college students to leave our line, which resulted in us to move to the very front. All in all, WD was okay; nothing very new. We then hit up Texas Chainsaw Massacre where we saw Smosh Games leaving it and said a quick hi to them. This maze was intense and I honestly underestimated it. After, we did Halloween, which was, in my opinion, better than last year's and 2009's. My friend almost got hit with the knife by a Michael Myers in the pumpkin ending, which startled us. Getting out of there, we bee-lined to The Exorcist. That was the longest FoL we waited, at 25-ish minutes. We saw the girls from Sharp Production skip ahead and also cheered them as they were passing us. This maze was also amazing; we got every scare and the priest threw Holy Water on my friend in front, which startled her. Circling back after to head off to the last three mazes, we zoomed through the tunnel with colorful lights, which, unlike a lot of the people around us, we really liked. In Krampus, the actors really did a good job at scaring everyone in our group, even causing two of us to fall to the ground at one point. Freddy vs Jason was incredible; actors on both sides were really getting at us, and it was a tactic better executed here than in AvP in 2014 and 2015. Our group got Freddy having killed Jason for our ending. Plus a Freddy actor and a Jason actor walking from behind a fence getting ready to work their shift chased one of my friends and I almost to the front of the entrance which was pretty cool. Finally we hit AHS, which was what I was also really looking forward too. I wasn't surprised they gave my group a wrong time estimate. They told us FoL would be 45 minutes; my friend timed the wait on her phone and it was really 15, but not complaining. Long story short, like all the mazes we got all the scares again, and I must say that the Countess actresses in the various rooms really had a knack for targeting me each time. I couldn't pick a favorite maze this year, as all 6 were incredible. I understand people have their complaints, like this year's lineup TECHNICALLY isn't 100% new, or Terror Tram was worse this year because of the route change, but I think kinks will eventually work out in future years. All I can say is that I just hope AHS returns as a maze for next year for Seasons 2,3,6.

I wouldn't really mind too much about repeating houses.. But considering that there are some pretty quality movie properties being produced that can potentially come in 2017, I don't see a need for it. Insidious 4, Saw 8, Hellraiser are among that list and I'd hope they would be featured over repeats.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they bring The Strain in the future, considering that, like American Horror Story, it's also from FX. I also would love to see Hellraiser, but considering Murdy said on twitter, when someone suggested it, that he was waiting for Clive Barker's remake to do that, it may be a while. Hopefully Trick or Treat, The Conjuring, Resident Evil, or possibly Jeepers Creepers could make it in next year's lineup.