Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Tips & Tricks

Okay, I have a different question. This will be my 2nd trip to Orlando HHN (after many, many years of experience at Hollywood's HHN and other assorted Haunted events). We did the RIP tour last year, and will be again this year.

But for last year's RIP, we get priority seating for the final Bill & Ted show. So which show is included with RIP now: Academy, or Lagoon show? Or both? Or do you choose?

And while RIP does get food, I do have to try the Pizza Fries. Where are they sold? Does it have a long line all night?

Okay, I have a different question. This will be my 2nd trip to Orlando HHN (after many, many years of experience at Hollywood's HHN and other assorted Haunted events). We did the RIP tour last year, and will be again this year.

But for last year's RIP, we get priority seating for the final Bill & Ted show. So which show is included with RIP now: Academy, or Lagoon show? Or both? Or do you choose?

And while RIP does get food, I do have to try the Pizza Fries. Where are they sold? Does it have a long line all night?

Looking around in the threads, I do know the Lagoon show has a section reserved for RIP. That's all I currently know regarding the shows.

As for Pizza Fries, generally there's been two locations which serve them. KidZone Pizza (Which is immediately to the right as you enter the zone, it's to the right of the SpongeBob store.), and Louie's in NY. If you're just going for the regular Pizza Fries, go to Louie's. However if you want to give the new S'mores Fries a try, you have to go to the KZ location as that spot exclusively serves them.

S&S releases around 5:45 p.m. at Simpsons, 5:50 p.m. from the New York area, and if they're using Hello Kitty around 5:50 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. These times change, a lot, and depending on set up for scare zones. Houses might not open with S&S depending on technical issues. I've seen only one house open to all of them open. Even if the house isn't open they'll let you queue for it.

The shortest Express queues will be for the three tent houses. Longest will be Universal Monsters in the back parade building. Someone who's been to this years event can help diagram the queues better for you.

Have you considered a wheelchair for mobility? While they're not allowed in houses they'll place it at the exit for you. Also if you haven't purchased Express yet look into a GAC (guest accessibility card) for the arthritis.

Yeah, we’ve had the GAC, but it’s not guaranteed. She has other issues that get her the GAC. Arthritis won’t get you one, for sure. And walking the normal queues pushing a wheelchair would really suck.

I don't know if it's changed, but I personally haven't seen any ECV's entering the houses in many years. The way some houses are built (think Dead Waters in 27, for example) make it so ECVs are impossible to traverse through the houses.There's also many tight turns in the houses, so that would also cause issues.

One lady on an EVC would hand out rubber duckies to the scareactors.
Still does.

I don't know if it's changed, but I personally haven't seen any ECV's entering the houses in many years. The way some houses are built (think Dead Waters in 27, for example) make it so ECVs are impossible to traverse through the houses.There's also many tight turns in the houses, so that would also cause issues.

Still does.
If you’re referring to the slanted floor, there was a bypass for wheelchairs that a ops person would direct you to.

Hmmm I wonder if S&S is worth it then?
It’s worth it. I recommend the Simpsons S&S location since you can knock out most of the back houses before regular guest get let in. I haven’t heard anything about the Hello Kitty S&S other then they didn’t have it last year and it returned this year. I say the front Finnagins S&S isn’t worth it though. Since most people want to get GB or StrTh done with its super crowed (I only heard bad stories about this one since I only ever did the Simpsons S&S) but you still get one of the most popular houses done early.

If you are willing to get there early (before 4.30) finns can be worth it. U can do one of the houses plus Us and then still make it to the back by around 6.15. But u have to be in the first 100 or so or you can get stuck in a 20-30 min wait.

I've gotten to the NY S&S location 3 times so far this year, all around 5 PM, and have had luck with both house routes and then had plenty of time to hit the back of the park houses before they got busy :shrug:

Thanks for the advice. Seriously considering S&A back at the Simpsons to know out the whole back of the park then move to the front and do houses based on current wait times.

This way my wife can get a ride in on E.T. As well. It’s her favorite ride in the park! Haha.

This way my wife can get a ride in on E.T. As well. It’s her favorite ride in the park! Haha.

Make sure you ride E.T. before getting in the S&S pen, as E.T. is not open during HHN.

I don't know if it's changed, but I personally haven't seen any ECV's entering the houses in many years. The way some houses are built (think Dead Waters in 27, for example) make it so ECVs are impossible to traverse through the houses. There's also many tight turns in the houses, so that would also cause issues.

Yeah, on the maps it does state for all the houses one has to transfer to a wheelchair. An in a speak of the devil moment, over on Hollywood's side I did see a video from LMG Vids of Frankenstein Meets the Wolf-Man where they were behind a ECV...which had quite a bit of trouble navigating most of the turns.

Last edited:
I have a couple of quick questions, for those who know;

1. If we want to hit Ghosbusters, Killer Klowns, and Yeti initially where do we want to hang out during our stay and scream time; Springfield or the pen by Flannigan's?

2. Any fun little interactive things to do in the mazes this year? (last year I remember the elevator button for Stranger Things)

1. If we want to hit Ghosbusters, Killer Klowns, and Yeti initially where do we want to hang out during our stay and scream time; Springfield or the pen by Flannigan's?

2. Any fun little interactive things to do in the mazes this year? (last year I remember the elevator button for Stranger Things)
1. Finnegan's will be the place you'll want to be. That lets out into Ghostbusters and ST, with Yeti opening with (or later? someone else may be able to confirm) event open but still being in the general area. KK is the furthest from Finn's of the houses you listed, but not far by any means. You could hit it on the way back to the rest of the houses.
There are many buttons in Killer Klowns that do some fun effects

#1- If you want to do houses like GB and ST in SS the pen at Fins. let out at one of those(they have you choose GB or ST as you walk in). Yeti I believe is one of the last to open. For KK it open early But has a different pen which is the pen by Hello Kitty.
#2- There are a lot of GAT(Guest Active Triggers) in KK, they are big red buttons in two or three room that are pretty obvious, you can’t miss them. I’m not sure of any others GATs in any houses after KK.
at least one shoots water and makes you wet.

So when they added the 10/21 date I was able to snag a 4:15pm reservation at Finnegans... do you think they will honor this reservation if we have a HHN ticket? Do they serve the full menu at this time?

So when they added the 10/21 date I was able to snag a 4:15pm reservation at Finnegans... do you think they will honor this reservation if we have a HHN ticket? Do they serve the full menu at this time?
Unsure if they'll honor it, but when I was there Saturday evening for S&S my husband and I grabbed an appetizer and drinks around 4:15 and it looked to be the full menu. Others around us were ordering normal Finn's fare.

So, a few questions on resort guest entry.

First I saw HHN post you can also enter at the BMG entrance, saying it was for CBBR, although it seems it’s all Uni resorts. Is that new? Is that shorter than the entry to the right of the normal one (assuming that is still an option).

Secondly, has anyone actually seen that gate (to the right) open early, as it is advertised? I’ve used it the last 2 years, and both times it opened LATER by a few minutes, and seemed to have trainees with no clue how to get a line moving fast. It easily cost us 10-15 minutes each time, which is obviously a big deal.

Saw this posted on Facebook, and I'm pretty sure they have this menu set up at Cafe La Bamba. You may be able to get Pizza Fries among other specialty food before your tour with no wait at all.

IMG_2454.JPG