Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN XX: Best House

Which house was your favorite of 2010?

• Total voters
Catacombs ..... loved the sets
Hallow'd Past....... should have been better, but still fun
Ofanage....lacking at the beginning but neat atmosphere
PS...... nothing really spacial but some good moments
Hades........worst cast changes and lack of actors
LT........worst lack of effects
ZombieGeddon.....just did not work for me
Havoc...... too repetitive

HP was my vote, Havoc is an extremely close second, and but I missed out on Catacombs, and it seems that the tent houses this year were two of the best surprisingly. Now its the Jaws queue house to start picking it up.

I know this is going to sound really strange, but did anyone else notice a nasty B.O. smell in Hades all the time? It smelled like a gym locker room.

I always seemed to notice it in the Cyclops room, also I am surprised to see so much love for Hallow'd Past. It was one of the houses the more you went in it the more just blah it seemed to get to me. Still a good house just lacking.

My top three were Catacombs, Havoc and Hades. I love the cult following "Cats N Combs" developed and had a blast combing stuffed cats on several nights. The Dogs of War stole the cats from my husband on the last night, but they showed up in a boo hole later in the house. It was great to see Jake in Hades one night.

My middle houses are Psychoscareapy (Team B...woo hoo! Scene of the year!), Hallow'd (Team A Frightanic Guy, Storyteller, Body Collector and Team B Director) and Orfanage (loved the giraffe and my pirate who got me every night), with Zombie on the fringes because I had the occasional good run through in there.

Bottom is Legendary Truth because it was so dependent on timing, with very little good scareactor interaction. The chair on Cast B was awesome though.

I'm going with Hades.

I only got to go one night though and it was my first time ever going.

Hades was the only house we went in multiple times and getting to see my friend in it probably added to the likeability. It was the house that probably scared me the most, but we kept going and going in. ;)

I think it probably would have still been my favorite if I had been able to go to the other houses more.

Really Catacombs? It kinda bored me and was my number 6 actually as it didn't really scare me and the story is bleak. But Hades is awesome with the most creative sets and characters i ever seen in HHN (and this is my 4th year) but 2nd would be Horror Nights (as it gave me a nostalgia feeling of my past) and 3rd is Zombie because it was fun and entertaining also who didn't love zombies. Worst house goes to Psychoscarphy it bored me to death the set could of been better and seemed like they got all their stuff form the past installments and theres no scares at all that got me and I went on it 10 times.

While I loved Legendary Truth, Hallow'd Past, ZombieGeddon, Orfanage, and Catacombs (do not get me started on the abomination of a house that was Havoc), I have to say Hades was my first favorite house. I loved the details and the scare factor was definitely there.

Did anyone else feel as though the lighting was all off in PS? The lighting really made the house feel plain. The house was great but when you compare it to the 2006 version it wasn't as great. Thats probably why it was my 3rd favorite.

PS in general was just way off, it was my least favorite of all four PS's.

I have to say that a lot of houses could have taken the crown of my favorite house this year, but I went with Hades because it delivered every time I walked thru. Catacombs was great as well, but it wasn't as strong the last time I went thru as compared to the first few times. Havoc was the opposite for me. It wasn't as strong the first time I went thru, but got progressively better towards the ends of the run. Psychoscarepy gets special nod for one of the scareactors "Mahna-Mahna'ing" with me, and Zombiegeddon for their "Zombie Hoe-Down". :lol:

Im sorry, Havoc legit scared the living crap out of me, and Hallow'd Past was an extreme disappointment cause I wanted to see Freddy, Jason, and Leatherface, I got no Carnival Of Carnage man..

Im sorry, Havoc legit scared the living crap out of me, and Hallow'd Past was an extreme disappointment cause I wanted to see Freddy, Jason, and Leatherface, I got no Carnival Of Carnage man..

Havoc was an amazing house and won HoTY for a reason, its scareactors. But Hades was still better :lol:

Havoc was an amazing house and won HoTY for a reason, its scareactors. But Hades was still better :lol:

Hades was awesome, my first Halloween Horror Nights House. It was an awesome house, but not as good as Havoc in my eyes, in my mind what really matters is how good scareactors scare you. And Havoc bought that, only 1 problem, the places where they popped out, (Boodoors, Booholes, Boowindows), were so obvious, but still i like have my mind locked onto those areas and than all of a sudden someone comes at you really quickly, and you just jump, cause, I literally, jumped in midair, and screamed in that house. It was awesome.