Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN XX: Most Anticipated House

Which houses are you looking forward to most? (Pick 3)

• Catacombs - Black Death Rising

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Hades - The Gates of Ruin

Votes: 28 35.4%
  • Horror Nights - The Hallow'd Past

Votes: 48 60.8%
  • Havoc - Dogs of War

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • ZombieGeddon

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Legendary Truth - The Wyandot Estate

Votes: 35 44.3%
  • PsychoScareapy - Echoes of Shadybrook

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • The Orfanage - Ashes to Ashes

Votes: 19 24.1%

• Total voters
Maybe someone will yell "Orlando!" and then someone else will yell "United!" sort of like playing Marco Polo :lol: That's how we'll find each other! :lol:

Anyways, let's get back to topic... I hope we get new construction pics soon and we start seeing the houses' facades! :D

Well we had the discussion in the other thread, based on comments, its all possible the humor house this year will be PsychoScareapy, but its also possible that ZG will be too, but with rooms full of weapons and a Carnival Midway room, its definitely hard to argue the came. But they said it wouldn't be the house we expected either, and PS in the past has been a mixture of humor/horror depending on the room you're walking through. So lets see what happens.

Prediction:
House of the Year this year will be...................Hades.

I was right with my house predictions a week before they came out, and I have a feeling that this is going to be the house to beat this year.

Well we had the discussion in the other thread, based on comments, its all possible the humor house this year will be PsychoScareapy, but its also possible that ZG will be too, but with rooms full of weapons and a Carnival Midway room, its definitely hard to argue the came. But they said it wouldn't be the house we expected either, and PS in the past has been a mixture of humor/horror depending on the room you're walking through. So lets see what happens.

The newest conference call says PsychoScareapy will be darker than the other 3 and ZG will be lighthearted at first then turn into a serious house. Hades will not be humorous, Hallow'd past won't, LT won't, and Orfanage won't. I think Catacombs might be since they said the humorous house is not the one you think it will be.

The newest conference call says PsychoScareapy will be darker than the other 3 and ZG will be lighthearted at first then turn into a serious house. Hades will not be humorous, Hallow'd past won't, LT won't, and Orfanage won't. I think Catacombs might be since they said the humorous house is not the one you think it will be.

I'd be really disappointed if it was based off the REALLY dark premise. On Brian Brushwood's webshow he had UO Creative on and they sounded pumped about that one.

My guess is Havoc. We don't know anything about it. Experiment gone wrong? Could be anything.

I'd be really disappointed if it was based off the REALLY dark premise. On Brian Brushwood's webshow he had UO Creative on and they sounded pumped about that one.

My guess is Havoc. We don't know anything about it. Experiment gone wrong? Could be anything.

More or less something like that. I would guess we are the "Dogs of War" and just like LITC, Havoc will or mostly follow the idea's that LITC has done in making its house funny & disturbing.

Last edited:
I'm guessing the "dark humor" house is either Havoc or Legendary Truth. Why do you guys think LT could not be it? I thought I got that vibe from the second conference call, but maybe I misinterpreted it, though.

I'm guessing the "dark humor" house is either Havoc or Legendary Truth. Why do you guys think LT could not be it? I thought I got that vibe from the second conference call, but maybe I misinterpreted it, though.

From what I've gathered, the humor houses usually involve over-the-top violence and gross-out effects. It seems to be hinted that LT will focus more on "haunting", and will feature "ghost" effects. The vibe I got from the conference call was that LT would be a Haunted Mansion, only scary.

Has it been speculated if Havoc is loosely based on the movie The Crazies? With the whole consuming contaminated water and going into a zombie-like state? I was scrolling through Netflix yesternight and saw the movie poster for The Crazies (1973) and it totally made me think of the concept art for Havoc :p

MV5BMjA0OTQ3NzUxNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzYzODQyMQ@@._V1._SY314_CR4,0,214,314_.jpg

There's also a 2010 remake:
MV5BMjAzMDU5OTg0NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDQ4MjcwMw@@._V1._SX214_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg

And I didn't know there was a quote that goes "Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war" which is related to the military and also Shakespeare. Look: http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/105600.html

The Shakespeare tie also makes me think Havoc could be the humor house.

Interesting to note leading into the week of the event:

Over 60% have picked Hallow'd Past as one of their most anticipated, and only one person has picked Havoc...

anyone think the LT house could be the humor house?
ever since LT came about in 08 I've always thought of LT as more of a "Ghost Facers" type paranormal hunting team
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBuAXeWjh04 from the TV show "Supernatural" meant as a parody of "GhostHunters)
then as a Most Haunted/Ghost Hunters type thing.
Even the description "using a machine that gathers ghosts, the Sprit Seekers are about to get more than they bargined for" sounds kinda goofy.

Just a thought that came to me

The only thing about LT being the humor house is the fact that this house is supposed to be something special for the hardcore fans. Wouldn't it be alienating and disappointing to have a goofy house based on something that they spent a great deal of time participating in? I know I'd be pissed if I spent a whole bunch of my time looking for clues and playing the game and then finally get to experience it live and it's all just a big joke. Also, although the map's rundown of the house is goofy, the website's paints a different picture. It says that the former owner of the estate murdered his wife and their guests and that their ghosts are back to inflict "terrible violence" upon those who enter.

If you ask me, I'm starting to think that the only "humor" house will be Zombiegeddon, which is said to be humorous and then scary. I don't think they'd have 1 and a half houses be humorous. They said in the first call that one house would have a humor element, and I'm betting that all of the houses are serious except the beginning of Zombiegeddon.

Last edited:
I really doubt they are going to have us play along with this Legendary Truth stuff so seriously for 2 years and then have it pay off with a "humor house". There's just no way.

Can't see it.

I'd be pretty pissed myself, but for some reason I've just always thought of GhostFacers when Seeing LT.
HAVOC seems to me as a house hard to make funny...IMO kinda a weak concept funny or Scary.
Its hard to invision it as a Twisted funny house like Cleaver