Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

#HHNForever - Hollywood 2020

Eh, that's a shame. Any footage or pics I can get of that era of HHN would be like striking gold. It sucks it's virtually impossible to find.
People didn’t carry around cameras then, let alone camcorders. And there was little reason for Universal to archive any of it since it would just take up space.

I'm not really sure if this is the right place to post this, but not really sure where else to put it either... but does the fact that Orlando got Beetlejuice and opened it, seemingly to be able to retain the rights to it (at least, that seems to be the word on twitter), mean that Hollywood had/has Beetlejuice as well? And that, if they are able to do HHN next year, we'd have that? Because that's a major property, and nearly all the properties that major are on both coasts (like Shining, Stranger Things, Killer Klownz, Ghostbusters, etc.)

I'm not really sure if this is the right place to post this, but not really sure where else to put it either... but does the fact that Orlando got Beetlejuice and opened it, seemingly to be able to retain the rights to it (at least, that seems to be the word on twitter), mean that Hollywood had/has Beetlejuice as well? And that, if they are able to do HHN next year, we'd have that? Because that's a major property, and nearly all the properties that major are on both coasts (like Shining, Stranger Things, Killer Klownz, Ghostbusters, etc.)
Most likely. I assume WB would be reasonable enough to not say "you cant have Beetlejuice anymore because it didnt open in hollywood" when it would have been illegal for them to do so. I'm gonna bet that whatever deal allowed them to keep BJ for orlando allowed it to be retained for hollywood too. Its really weird to me that that kind of thing happened at all though, since none of the other ips had the same issue.

Wishful thinking here, but if Hill House got scrapped, that would leave 29 open. If they have WB on their side for next year with BJ, maybe they should finally do “It”? That would be an IP that would pull people back.
Even though It is pretty recent objectively, I personally feel like they missed the recency window for it. Might have to wait a few years to see how it holds up with time. It's also possible they'd just move a different existing property to 29 and fill its initial spot with something like Candyman or Halloween 2018 assuming rightsholders wanna play ball. Unless netflix is really fed up with universal I still wouldn't mind seeing Hill House come even if itll be 3 years old by then, could come out really creepy if the design team gives it the right amount of love.

Kinda unrelated but I also just kinda wish we could fix a few of the issues we've been having the last few years with soundstage houses in general, like I'm sure theres an important reason as to why the elephant doors need to be open, but I feel like they cause a lot of light bleed if you go through any time before sundown, and being able to control the environment and lighting is supposed to be an advantage of soundstage mazes over a standard tent maze, but we really havent seen that utilized well.

Wishful thinking here, but if Hill House got scrapped, that would leave 29 open. If they have WB on their side for next year with BJ, maybe they should finally do “It”? That would be an IP that would pull people back.
Would it?

Shot in the dark, cost cutting and not using Soundstage 29 might actually benefit them, as that place is rented I believe.

If Hill House gets cut, possibly due to Netflix having concerns over current political and exterior factors (like COVID), I don't see them going through the effort on finding a replacement for Hollywood.

We're going to be locking this baby up soon, as I'm not sure whether or not Universal will be sharing any last-minute looks at the past as we wrap up Halloween this week.

I'm struggling to figure out how that would've even worked using Hollywood's more recent tool set, especially since it wasn't in the soundstage.

Considering they got Paranormal horror right with Insidious..that's a question to wonder.

How could they mess it up that badly, regardless of it's location? Was it the overuse of reused materials along with a lack of scenes and constant walls? It's a curious question, I admit.

Considering they got Paranormal horror right with Insidious..that's a question to wonder.

How could they mess it up that badly, regardless of it's location? Was it the overuse of reused materials along with a lack of scenes and constant walls? It's a curious question, I admit.

They did with Insidious: Into the Further and Insidious: Return to the Further. Beyond the Further was a very bare, disappointing retread that managed to squeak out a HOTY in a weak year.

Hill House also calls for the grand sets that Hollywood hasn't really done for a while... or if there is one, the rest of the maze is composed of black walls. Reading between the lines, it sounds like we'd get a compressed foyer, handful of bedrooms, and black wall bonanza with Bent Neck Lady box scares.