#HHNForever - Orlando 2020 | Page 54 | Inside Universal Forums

#HHNForever - Orlando 2020

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
In this special episode, we discuss the past 10 years of Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando; counting down our Top 10 Haunted Houses & Scare Zones, as well as other memorable moments of the last decade.

In this special episode, we discuss the past 10 years of Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando; counting down our Top 10 Haunted Houses & Scare Zones, as well as other memorable moments of the last decade.

Will definitely give it a listen. For conversation's sake, here are my top 10 houses:
-Scarecrow
-Jack Presents 25 Years
-American Werewolf in London (23)
-The IN-Between
-Body Collectors: Recollections
-Poltergeist
-Slaughter Sinema
-HR Bloodngutz
-Winter's Night
-Gothic

10 Honorable Mentions:
-HIVE
-Ghost Town
-Dead End
-Nightengales 1
-Cabin in the Woods
-Asylum in Wonderland
-The Shining
-Dead Waters
-Universal Monsters
-Krampus

Last 10 years... hmmm.
  1. Halloween (24)
  2. 25 Years of Monsters & Mayhem (25)
  3. Poltergeist (28)
  4. Nightingales: Blood Prey (21)
  5. Universal Classic Monsters (29)
  6. An American Werewolf in London (23)
  7. Gothic (22)
  8. Body Collectors: Recollections (25)
  9. The In-Between (21)
  10. Evil Dead (23)
My top 4 are locked in. 5 through 10 are fairly interchangeable.

Scare zones.... it wouldn't be fair for me to list ten, as I haven't really enjoyed ten zones over the last 10 years. I'll do my top-5.
  1. Icons (25)
  2. Fear Revealed (20)
  3. 20 Years of Fear (20)
  4. All Nite Die-In: Double Feature (25)
  5. Hellbilly Deluxe (29)

And for shows, don't sleep on Death Drums (21).

Last edited:
  • Halloween
  • Universal Monsters
  • AWiL (23)
  • HR Bloodengutz
  • Graveyard Games
  • Body Collectors: Recollections
  • Freddy v Jason
  • Gothic
  • Exorcist
  • Nevermore
HM: Ghost Town (toss up for Exorcist's spot), Dead Waters (should’ve been longer), Tomb of the Ancients (my "WTF" pick), Winters Night (Nevermore has stuck with me more and took its spot), Poltergeist (uneven execution)
  • PsychoScarepy: Unleashed
  • Trick r Treat
  • Springfield Clown Team (25/27)
  • Vamp 55
  • Twisted Traditions
  • Purge (24)
  • Revenge of Chucky
  • Icons: HHN
  • Hellbilly Deluxe
HM: None, those last two lucky I wanted an even ten on my list.

Let's spark some controversy...
Because I'm a jerk, here are ten houses over the past ten years that I feel the majority overrates. These weren't necessarily poor haunted houses, I just don't think they deserve the hype they receive(d):

• Slaughter Sinema (28)
  • Saws n' Steam (21)
  • Winter's Night (21)
  • Texas Chainsaw Massacre (26)
  • Krampus (26)
  • Catacombs (20)
  • Dollhouse of the Damned (24)
  • Seeds of Extinction (28)
  • Graveyard Games (29)
  • Scarecrow (27)

And in the other direction, here are five houses that I feel are underrated by the majority:
  • Evil Dead (23)
  • Horrors of Blumhouse (27)
  • Universal's House of Horrors (22)
  • Giggles & Gore (24)
  • From Dusk 'til Dawn (24)

This is fun.

Is the spaceship the NSO Columbus from Interstellar Terror? I vaguely remember there being a drawing of the ship inside the house, but can't 100% recall if that's what it looked like.

Who's the person in the tomb? It kind of looks like Norman Bates, but with clown pants?

From top-to-bottom + left-to-right -- I see Troupe Macabre (17), Vamp '85 (28), Scary Tales 3 (18), Dungeon of Terror (1), Chainsaw Drill Team?, Legendary Truth (20), Anarch-ade (29), Krampus (26), Dead Man's Wharf (26), Scary Tales: DEA (28), Vamp '55 (26), Vikings Undead (29), Yeti (29), The Iniquitus? (22?), Vanity Ball (29).

What did I get wrong? Am I missing any?

Reactions: SeventyOne
Is the spaceship the NSO Columbus from Interstellar Terror? I vaguely remember there being a drawing of the ship inside the house, but can't 100% recall if that's what it looked like.

Who's the person in the tomb? It kind of looks like Norman Bates, but with clown pants?

From top-to-bottom + left-to-right -- I see Troupe Macabre (17), Vamp '85 (28), Scary Tales 3 (18), Dungeon of Terror (1), Chainsaw Drill Team?, Legendary Truth (20), Anarch-ade (29), Krampus (26), Dead Man's Wharf (26), Scary Tales: DEA (28), Vamp '55 (26), Vikings Undead (29), Yeti (29), The Iniquitus? (22?), Vanity Ball (29).

What did I get wrong? Am I missing any?
I think the guy in the tomb is Boris Schuster (detective hat and he’s in black and white), which would be Dead Exposure.

Reactions: SeventyOne
We're going to be locking this baby up soon, as I'm not sure whether or not Universal will be sharing any last-minute looks at the past as we wrap up Halloween this week.

Reactions: CoopF22