Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 255 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ok, I may be a debby downer but I don't think Universal STUDIOS needs to be known for coasters or have a headliner coaster. I don't see it as a park to have a skyline of rides and coasters. I am not saying it should not have coasters at all as I love the current line up but I would like more of that. More coasters that are indoors and stick to an aesthetically pleasing studio design. Outdoor sections, sure! More barebones coasters, I'd rather not see.
This is exactly how I feel when it comes to coasters at Uni. I certainly don’t mind them existing but I love the likes of Hagrid’s more so than the Hulk variety just for the theming alone.

In a park like USF the coaster seems forced into the space and doesn’t necessarily blend into its surroundings. IOA is much better in that regard but I digress.

IDK why you all want a half-baked Ghostbusters coaster when you can have a full-blown dark ride.
We could have a lot of things.

Yes, my ultimate preference would be for GB to get a dark ride or effects show, but I'd also rather see GB get a coaster than see F&F have two rides in the park.

But it's kind of an irrelevant point, anyway, since all indications are this HRRR replacement won't be GB-themed.

Yes, my ultimate preference would be for GB to get a dark ride or effects show, but I'd also rather see GB get a coaster than see F&F have two rides in the park.

But it's kind of an irrelevant point, anyway, since all indications are this HRRR replacement won't be GB-themed.
I’m sure Supercharge closes as soon as they open the F&F coaster.

Reactions: Freak
I disagree. I think each park needs a thrill coaster outside and a family one outside. There is a difference between inside and outside. The inside ones at Uni don't fully feel like coasters. They stop and have scenes and stuff.
Hey, that's ok! Technically, I only see the park having 1 indoor coaster and one dark ride with coaster elements. However, news flash, most and I mean like 90 percent of all indoor coasters have stop and go sections scenes and "stuff". They are usually indoors to have a controlled environment to actually tell a story. Sorry if you don't want more out of your experience lol :p :cool::yum. Besides, Mummy is regarded as one of the best indoor coasters in the world, regarding pacing, storytelling and roller coaster sections.

This is exactly how I feel when it comes to coasters at Uni. I certainly don’t mind them existing but I love the likes of Hagrid’s more so than the Hulk variety just for the theming alone.

In a park like USF the coaster seems forced into the space and doesn’t necessarily blend into its surroundings. IOA is much better in that regard, but I digress.
Right! While Hagrid's is mostly outdoors, it is still in an immersive environment and combines indoor sections seamlessly with outdoor sections. I don't think the studios has the space to do that. IOA can get away with gargantuan outdoor coasters like hulk and VC because they still are in highly themed areas and that park is designed to deliver kinetic energy throughout their lands, Studios is more of a static and ridged place to me. Rockit always looked out of place to me and seems like it was an effort just to get people in the gate. Not needed anymore, they have potter and the banana things lol.

• Love
Reactions: OrlLover

Trust me....there will not be two F&F rides in the same park. If they're gonna close Supercharged in Hollywood right before the coaster opens out West, I'm sure the same will apply in Florida.

I’m sure Supercharge closes as soon as they open the F&F coaster.
yousureaboutthat.gif

Trust me....there will not be two F&F rides in the same park. If they're gonna close Supercharged in Hollywood right before the coaster opens out West, I'm sure the same will apply in Florida.
Hollywood maybe, but Orlando…

Supercharged probably stays open until Pokemon is ready, then goes down. The park can't afford to lose four rides at once.
I don't believe F&F is necessary to keep open once Rockit replacement is up. If the F&F coaster has higher-capacity and far more reliable than Rockit... I really don't see the need to keep it open. The bigger issue is what replaces the food & beverage capacity of Simpson's offerings, which Cafe La Bamba could easily do.

DreamWorks will "absorb" any of the younger audiences that can ride Simpsons/F&F, but not Rockit.

USF isn't in any danger like DHS/DAK where a single attraction going down hurts the rest of the park. There will still be 9 ride attractions (Excl. Hogwarts Exp), 4 stage shows (incl. DreamWorks), street shows, parade, and nighttime show.

USF will essentially be on par with the number of offerings available at DHS with Simpsons and F&F down (which is insane to think of). Nobody's trip to Universal will be affected because they couldn't get on F&F lol