Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 209 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Honestly at this point, I'd say screw it. Take it down for 6 months, rebuild all the trains, make any modifications necessary to the control system and brake runs, and open it.

Then wait for the next thing to go wrong...

That's what I would say as well, but they just can't afford the hit it would make on the park's overall operations, especially at this point in the year. They may be able to handle it better over the spring break season next year if the train rebuild would take more than 3 months, but I still don't see it happening. They'll take the hit with the sporadic extended downtimes and operational changes over closing the ride completely for a few months.

Honestly at this point, I'd say screw it. Take it down for 6 months, rebuild all the trains, make any modifications necessary to the control system and brake runs, and open it.

Then wait for the next thing to go wrong...

Its very possible pre Potter we see an extended close. Wasnt enough time between Summer, HHN, and Holiday.

Its very possible pre Potter we see an extended close. Wasnt enough time between Summer, HHN, and Holiday.

:wave:

Honestly, I enjoy the ride on its own when I get a good seat, and I know why many of you don't like it (mainly placement and perceived lack of theme), but for the space it takes up you couldn't get much else of an attraction instead. In the larger picture I think its perfectly fine as the "ugly duckling" so to speak.

:wave:

Honestly, I enjoy the ride on its own when I get a good seat, and I know why many of you don't like it (mainly placement and perceived lack of theme), but for the space it takes up you couldn't get much else of an attraction instead. In the larger picture I think its perfectly fine as the "ugly duckling" so to speak.

I don't care if there's not another attraction to take its place. I just want it gone.

It's a monolithic representation of the "Dark Years".

Rockit always felt hypocritical in a way on UOR's part: While they were in the process of building Potter, one of the most immersive theme park lands ever, they built a coaster that completely takes you out of the theming of New York, ruins Seuss's skylines, and harms the theme in several other ways.

I don't care if there's not another attraction to take its place. I just want it gone.

It's a monolithic representation of the "Dark Years".

I do care. Knock it down and DO NOT put another attraction in it's place. An attraction being there is the whole problem (in the sky above the studios). :bang: :horse:

I know it has been mentioned HRRR could have been in CityWalk? Is there any art or any more information available?

Last edited:
I do care. Knock it down and DO NOT put another attraction in it's place. An attraction being there is the whole problem (in the sky above the studios). :bang: :horse:

I know it has been mentioned HRRR could have been in CityWalk? Is there any art or any more information available?

It was never going to actually be "in" CityWalk, just considered a part of it after park hours. That's why the gate into the line and locker area by Blue Man is there, and why there's a matching gate inside the park next to the ride's entrance.

It was never going to actually be "in" CityWalk, just considered a part of it after park hours. That's why the gate into the line and locker area by Blue Man is there, and why there's a matching gate inside the park next to the ride's entrance.

My understanding is the original concept art had the ride track going out more into city walk, but that was cut.

My understanding is the original concept art had the ride track going out more into city walk, but that was cut.

Yeah, it was going to be longer, but unless there's an earlier concept I've not seen/heard about, it was always going to be in spot that it could be a park attraction during the day and a CityWalk attraction after the park closed. Wasn't that extended track supposed to go out and down to the lagoon originally? I can't quite remember and don't have any art handy.

The story I remember hearing stated that originally the track was going to go over the lagoon more, but there were numerous practical and safety problems (i.e. evacuation routes, obstructing water taxi traffic). Shame, would've been cool.

Reactions: natespf
The original concept had the track go all the way down to the waterfront and would of been all over the walkways. After block 3 the track would split and there would of been two different endings.

Reactions: natespf
Rode this today hoping for a new or updated RV...

Probably the worst ride on it I've ever experienced. It was so not enjoyable. At least Antarctica doesn't physically hurt you...

You guys are nuts. It's always a fun rollercoaster to go on. And it's a popular ride for guests and locals all the time. Saying you would rather have no attraction there is pretty ridiculous. And I know some of you are going to argue with me but your definitely not going to convince me otherwise that it would be better with no ride there. If anything, change the look or theme of it. Don't just knock it down. I have a blast on it all the time. And so does everyone else that gets off of it.

Honestly...this is gonna sound weird but I agree with Accio. Its a fun ride with a cool theme. Sure, there are it's issues and no I dont full trust the ride but it's a fun ride and it consumes a decent chunk of people daily (not talking speed of output rather Im speaking of wait times). Sightlines schmightlines...apparently im of the minority (of theme park nerds) who actually live in the reality that I'm in a fake environment. Just because I can see Rockit from Suess doesnt destroy my day and to say Rockit is a waste of space is asenine. It takes up very little space in an already unused portion of the park. Maybe it's not the prettiest thing in the world but take it for what it is because its obviously not going anywhere anytime soon.

You guys are nuts. It's always a fun rollercoaster to go on. And it's a popular ride for guests and locals all the time. Saying you would rather have no attraction there is pretty ridiculous. And I know some of you are going to argue with me but your definitely not going to convince me otherwise that it would be better with no ride there. If anything, change the look or theme of it. Don't just knock it down. I have a blast on it all the time. And so does everyone else that gets off of it.

I'm mostly kidding. The look of the thing is devastating to basically the whole park, but obviously they would not knock it down till there is a reason to do so.

Honestly...this is gonna sound weird but I agree with Accio. Its a fun ride with a cool theme. Sure, there are it's issues and no I dont full trust the ride but it's a fun ride and it consumes a decent chunk of people daily (not talking speed of output rather Im speaking of wait times). Sightlines schmightlines...apparently im of the minority (of theme park nerds) who actually live in the reality that I'm in a fake environment. Just because I can see Rockit from Suess doesnt destroy my day and to say Rockit is a waste of space is asenine. It takes up very little space in an already unused portion of the park. Maybe it's not the prettiest thing in the world but take it for what it is because its obviously not going anywhere anytime soon.

I always realize I'm in a fake environment, but for me I feel like I'm in one created by Fun Spot instead of Universal when I see that thing (an amusement park instead of a theme park) :doh: :rofl:

Last edited: