Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 216 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Rides not going anywhere for at least the next 4-5 years sorry folks...

- - - Updated - - -

So, how long you guys think they will keep this ride closed? A few days? longer?

All depends on what happened, should know more within the next 12-24 hours.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
As much as I love this ride, I agree with this statement. I honestly can't see this ride going past next year if these incidents keep up. I'm actually kind of afraid to ride it when I go to HHN. Don't want this happening to me.

I used to ride it every night last year but this year I have not gone in this ride even once.

It honestly wouldn't bother me to get stuck up there. Might even score express for life :lol:

I have to agree with HTF, I don't see this going anywhere right now. I don't think they will pull this ride based on this one public issue. It depends on what caused it and if they can prevent it from happening again. Which I am thinking they can figure this out. Will HRRR be here forever? Probably not, but I don't see them pulling their only outside roller coaster in Studios quickly, it really attracts thrill lovers into that park. Once they build other stuff and really get these parks solidified, then I could see them replacing it.

I don't think you guys realise how much this ride costs. Let's run with the Wiki number of $45,000,000. Even with the most EXPESNIVE incidents like the valleying. To get the crane to UO to move the train back (before the winchback) was 40,000. .008% of total cost. HRRR still has good reviews even with the number of incidents it has. While it is a headache for ops and technical services, its not going to go anywhere because Comcast would never just throw away that much money.

Remember, tearing something down is not free, and it leaves an empty space where you have to spend MORE money to develop and build something new. Replacing HRRR isn't on the plans.

They started cycling cars about 17 mins. ago. (6:28am).

---update---

7:10am work lights are off, Workers gone. Done cycling. My guess is ride will open when the park does.

They were looking at the break run after the Treble Clef. If I had to guess, a faulty sensor caused the E-Stop.

Last edited:
Watching video of the incident on CNN right now...definitely not the kind of publicity UOR needs. At the moment I suspect Universal executives would much prefer to be looking at videos from the Orlando United helicopter.:look:

They started cycling cars about 17 mins. ago. (6:28am).

---update---

7:10am work lights are off, Workers gone. Done cycling. My guess is ride will open when the park does.

They were looking at the break run after the Treble Clef. If I had to guess, a faulty sensor caused the E-Stop.

What's the point. They'll just have another incident in a few weeks. :lol:

I don't get how this is national news. :lol: No one was hurt, just inconvenienced for 45 minutes. I'd say that's the power of Universal these days.

You want to truly compete with Disney? You're making solid moves... but you have to get rid of this liability.

I agree with this.........and next season is the perfect time to deconstruct it.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with you in theory........but if these incidents continue to plague it then Comcast might just say F it and tear the thing down. They don't want this type of publicity next year do they?

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think you guys realise how much this ride costs. Let's run with the Wiki number of $45,000,000. Even with the most EXPESNIVE incidents like the valleying. To get the crane to UO to move the train back (before the winchback) was 40,000. .008% of total cost. HRRR still has good reviews even with the number of incidents it has. While it is a headache for ops and technical services, its not going to go anywhere because Comcast would never just throw away that much money.

This isn't Disney we are talking about here. I doubt very much that Comcast wants this POS to ruin the Year of Potter. While $45 mill is nothing to sneeze at........the $Billions that Potter will bring in is probably worth protecting if they can't solve the issues that this ride is having.

Comcast didn't build HRRR, nor did they fund it. They wouldn't be throwing any money away.

Being stuck on the vertical lift is one of my biggest fears. I remember being at a county fair years ago and people were stuck on the vertical lift on the Toboggan ride. Yikes. I wonder if they had access to the music during the wait :p

- - - Updated - - -

After next years new headliners, I don't see why they couldn't close Rockit. Besides, if I was Uni, I'd want that thing gone before even more bad things could happen. Bad things=bad press.

Should've waited to work with B&M!

Didn't Universal have a lawsuit against Mauer for all their problems with this ride?

What really drives me nuts is that this kind of thing happens fairly regularly on pretty much every roller coaster across the world. The only thing that's different is that the back half of the train was still on the vertical track part...big deal. It really isn't "news" or a major breakdown. I've been a part of many ride evacuations in my 5 years in operations at different parks. I've seen coasters evacuated at various parks as a guest with no news choppers flying around, or segments on GMA/Today. Unfortunately, being in Orlando, the local news jumps if a ride stops for 15 minutes and someone gets antsy and uses their phone to call the fire dept. or something. This is nothing to tear the ride down over, and the news treatments these things get is maddening.

Reactions: Brervixen
What really drives me nuts is that this kind of thing happens fairly regularly on pretty much every roller coaster across the world. The only thing that's different is that the back half of the train was still on the vertical track part...big deal. It really isn't "news" or a major breakdown. I've been a part of many ride evacuations in my 5 years in operations at different parks. I've seen coasters evacuated at various parks as a guest with no news choppers flying around, or segments on GMA/Today. Unfortunately, being in Orlando, the local news jumps if a ride stops for 15 minutes and someone gets antsy and uses their phone to call the fire dept. or something. This is nothing to tear the ride down over, and the news treatments these things get is maddening.

I completely agree about the news coverage.

I completely disagree about there being no reason to tear the ride down. It's been nothing but a bad publicity generator for the resort on multiple occasions, and looks like a cheap Six Flags attraction.

Reactions: AK-Jake