Hong Kong Disneyland | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Hong Kong Disneyland

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wow! This looks incredibly neat and interesting. Really cool effects. Bring this, Journey to the Center of the Earth, and Indy to WDW and I'd have a reason to visit for once. Nice mix of AAs and practical/screen effects, and no 3D!

Reactions: Cheezbat
I have minor nitpicks and issues (as I do with anything) but it's very very very impressive and good. Great use of projection technology to accent and complement physical set pieces and AAs.

I have minor nitpicks and issues (as I do with anything) but it's very very very impressive and good. Great use of projection technology to accent and complement physical set pieces and AAs.

What's your nitpicks just curious is all :thumbs:

What's your nitpicks just curious is all :thumbs:

It'd probably be quashed once I see it in person, but I miss the height/size of some of the scenes from Haunted Mansion. A room full of boxes of the artifacts coming to life, kinda like a cross between the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark and the Graveyard from HM. But again, it's a nit-pick that totally comes down to my own tastes.

Screamscape posted this neat video showing how the RVs travel:

[video=youtube;YgXLCwSDLmE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YgXLCwSDLmE#![/video]

Where did you read that it'd be a simulator? I wouldn't be surprised if it IS though, as Hong Kong passed up on a Star Tours simulator, so this could be the replacement! But again, where'd you read that it's a simulator? If it's NOT a simulator, I can see this attraction coming to Disneyland over here and replace Innoventions.

EDIT:

HA, never mind. Disney mentioned that there will be flying AND the ride vehicle looks almost exactly like a repainted Star Tours StarSpeeder. Haha....yeah, nothing mind blowing as of now. This will just give Hong Kong the much-needed ride count and first simulator. We won't be getting THIS ride for sure.

It will be interesting to see how the ride turns out. I am sure it is going to be compared to Spider Man at Islands of Adventure. We can see who can make a better Marvel ride: Disney or Universal.

From the rumor mill, this seems like it'll be Star Tours 2.0 tech (with multiple scenarios and high-def 3D) combined with the in-cabin effects of Storm Rider from Tokyo DisneySea. Nothing too exciting technologically, but I'm sure it'll be great.

Y'know, except for the fact that American audiences won't get to experience it.

Until it's awkwardly transplanted to Epcot in the China pavilion because Disney refuses to change out the ridefilm.  :p

Iron Man aside, I'm really not a fan of Star Tours. I understand the popularity of the franchise, but it seems like the worst kind of simulator, in that you're stuck in a small vehicle facing towards a rather small screen.

Having said that, it's good seeing Hong Kong get this. If anything, they need to draw more and more attention towards their efforts. I would love to check this out, but the park's debut really left a bad taste in my mouth (as I'm sure many other locals).

Iron Man aside, I'm really not a fan of Star Tours. I understand the popularity of the franchise, but it seems like the worst kind of simulator, in that you're stuck in a small vehicle facing towards a rather small screen.

Having said that, it's good seeing Hong Kong get this. If anything, they need to draw more and more attention towards their efforts. I would love to check this out, but the park's debut really left a bad taste in my mouth (as I'm sure many other locals).
That's honestly why I was never crazy about Star Tours as a kid, especially after riding the amazing Back To The Future. That screen is too damn small, even in the new version! Still fun, but could be better. Queue is fantastic though. I like the new Star Tours ride, especially its randomizer, and I'm sure this Iron Man ride will be an almost exact experience.

But yeah, this is a much needed ride for Hong Kong, but i really hope we don't see this stateside and that our first marvel ride will be something original.

Also, this ride basically being a Star Tours clone will NOT make me want to go to Hong Kong. Locals will love it though. The only ride making me want to go to Hong Kong is Mystic Manor.

Well, let's see what happens before we start calling it a Star Tours clone just yet. Maybe Disney will surprise us.

Based on the official concept art and poster, I'm going to still call it a spruced up Star Tours clone. Ride system Clones aren't always bad, look at Transformers. It just sucks that it seems they'll be building a ride based on such an old simulator. Although this isn't any different than Universal using the old tech for Minion Mayhem!

I'm sure there will be surprises, but overall it seems like a rethemed Star Tours. Which, again, isn't a bad thing specifically for THIS park. Any other park, and I'd be rolling my eyes.

I thought I read somewhere that this is what was replacing Star Tours in Disneyland Hong Kong..? I don't even know if they have that attraction already, so I could be totally wrong.

Pretty much, yeah, haha. Exact same spot that was originally reserved for Star Tours. I'm sure it'll be a fun ride and will have some great effects. But I'm not expecting anything revolutionary. BUT Hong Kong residents will love it.