Horror Movies Thread | Page 61 | Inside Universal Forums

Horror Movies Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's a very good cult/arthouse horror movie. Imagine Shape of Water made by a really bitter divorced guy on LSD. Isabelle Adjani gives one of the best performances put to film. The subway scene (the one in all the memes) is iconic.

It's also an intensely personal movie that draws most of its power from the director's authorship and the circumstances of his life (Zulawski really was getting divorced at the time), so I really don't know what a remake would accomplish. Unless Parker Finn has a really novel take, all I can imagine is one of those play-the-hits Disney live-action remakes for the Letterboxd crowd.

Our only hope is a radically different interpretation, i.e. Luca Guadagnino's Suspiria, I'm afraid. Even then, I suspect it will pale in comparison, as the 2018 Suspiria did.

Reactions: jseal777
I doubt the kinds of people who watch arthouse cinema are the type who would be easily satiated by naked appeals to nostalgia.
Absolutely. If anything, they'd hold it against you, which is why this whole idea is weird.
Our only hope is a radically different interpretation, i.e. Luca Guadagnino's Suspiria, I'm afraid. Even then, I suspect it will pale in comparison, as the 2018 Suspiria did.
Yeah, I'm willing to give Parker Finn the benefit of the doubt here since he only has one movie, but this is a tall ask of any filmmaker.

I just hope he goes for something a little more messy and personal than Smile. Movie's fun but the trauma metaphor is really trite and obvious, and that's just not what you want when you're remaking Possession.

Reactions: Clive
STOP REMAKING GOOD FILMS. START REMAKING FILMS THAT HAD GOOD IDEAS AND JUST DIDNT LAND FOR ONE REASON OR ANOTHER.

OR…..

WRITE ORIGINAL SCREENPLAYS OR GIVE THE TIME AND MONEY TO SOMEBODY WHO WILL.

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

STOP REMAKING GOOD FILMS. START REMAKING FILMS THAT HAD GOOD IDEAS AND JUST DIDNT LAND FOR ONE REASON OR ANOTHER.

OR…..

WRITE ORIGINAL SCREENPLAYS OR GIVE THE TIME AND MONEY TO SOMEBODY WHO WILL.

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF
The unfortunate thing is - most people who scream for original ideas are the same ones who don't go to the theater and see new original stuff.

(I'm not saying this is you, just in general)

Reactions: imagin78
The unfortunate thing is - most people who scream for original ideas are the same ones who don't go to the theater and see new original stuff.

(I'm not saying this is you, just in general)
This is true. The theater going experience is a totally different conversation too. I’ve voiced my opinion about that before. Theaters can’t complain they aren’t selling tickets when the experience has gotten considerably worse over the last 5 years.

51T4R7XR0EL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

I’ve read reports of the “Book of the Dead” DVD editions of the Evil Dead movies literally crumbling over time (supposedly they are made of latex), anyone know how to preserve them properly/make them not dry out?

I’ve read reports of the “Book of the Dead” DVD editions of the Evil Dead movies literally crumbling over time (supposedly they are made of latex), anyone know how to preserve them properly/make them not dry out?

If you own it and it still looks good, do whatever you've been doing would probably be the best answer.

Those things are such poor quality latex/whatever that they started disintegrated like a year after they were produced.

Reactions: pumpkinbot343

i think that they liquid latex to repair latex props, latex masks? i was reading for methods, and someone said he coated a decaying masks of his with silicone and had no problems. coat all masks in a super thin layer of window and trim silicone
using silicone to repair any damage and then treating the props with clear flex seal

but who knows

In celebration of Dead Exposure getting announced for Hollywood, I'm gonna draw attention to this really cool horror movie from 2015 called SAVAGELAND. Basically, imagine if Dead Exposure was a movie.

One day, an entire town on the border between Arizona and Mexico is massacred, seemingly by one guy. However, shortly before his execution, his camera is discovered, showing that something else may have been behind the slaughter. Something - some things - that werent human...

This movie is a clever mockumentary with a political edge that only occasionally strains disbelief (even with the implication that racism led to his conviction, you're telling me they all thought one guy did this?) It's probably most famous for the photos, these terrifying black and white things that show the carnage that enveloped the town. Here's just the first one:1000001806.jpg

And they get worse! You can find it streaming free in most places. I think it's even on Youtube. Criminally underrated movie.

In celebration of Dead Exposure getting announced for Hollywood, I'm gonna draw attention to this really cool horror movie from 2015 called SAVAGELAND. Basically, imagine if Dead Exposure was a movie.

One day, an entire town on the border between Arizona and Mexico is massacred, seemingly by one guy. However, shortly before his execution, his camera is discovered, showing that something else may have been behind the slaughter. Something - some things - that werent human...

This movie is a clever mockumentary with a political edge that only occasionally strains disbelief (even with the implication that racism led to his conviction, you're telling me they all thought one guy did this?) It's probably most famous for the photos, these terrifying black and white things that show the carnage that enveloped the town. Here's just the first one:View attachment 22243

And they get worse! You can find it streaming free in most places. I think it's even on Youtube. Criminally underrated movie.
i don't know if I saw the wrong movie but the one I saw nothing happened except some interviews lol

Kristy is a decent way to spend 90 minutes if you're a fan of slasher/home invasion films. College student is alone on campus during Thanksgiving break when she gets targeted by a group of seemingly nation wide cult like cabal of killers that target 'pretty women with all the advantages'. Some nice tension scenes, good performances, few nice kills and also notable that the final girl has just as high a kill tally as the slasher(s), which must be one of the few films that could boast such a statement!