Horror Movies Thread | Page 64 | Inside Universal Forums

Horror Movies Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
On the whole, IN A VIOLENT NATURE (now available digitally) is very much a mixed bag, but I'd ultimately say slasher fans should still give it a look. The forest scenery is beautiful, and there are a couple of very impressive, grotesque kills that make you go, "Well, I've certainly never seen that before."

Its climax really deflates it, though, and even though those aforementioned kills are cool, they're so over-the-top that they feel at-odds with the tone of the rest of the movie.

Agree to disagree, I loved how truly and terrifically the lone survivor was distraught and how well the final scene played on slasher tropes to amplify the realistic terror she's suffering. You continue to expect Johnny to show himself for one final scare over and over and over but he never comes. I didn't need an entire movie with her character to see and feel how truly devastated and broken she was in that moment.
It's a deeper and divisive film and I kind of love that!

I saw it.....it pains me terribly that this wasn't Jason....or Leatherface or someone more recognizable. I didn't care much for Jonny overall, I enjoyed the movie but Jonny doesn't have the presence. he was serviceable but not iconic.

I understand that this was a first time director, and overall it was a great experiment. it definitely delivers, the experiment worked, I really enjoyed all the walking.

also the movie did not feel boring at all, it goes by really quickly ( ironically) I loved that you could see what Jonny was thinking. you can feel his thoughts, ( the ending is what this movie deserved,) the entire movie is simple, simple ending.

what was funny to me is that I had zero problem with the long walking or with the ending lol :lol:
I actually enjoyed both a lot. I enjoyed the walking scenes and I enjoyed the ending. it was great to follow Jonny. I enjoyed the movie

my problem was little things that no one will notice, I really hated the random cuts they did while editing, ....... they had this horrendous hard cuts throughout.
also the rest of the cast had awful dialogue and awful delivery. the small scenes we have of dialogue were just awful. if I ever watch this again I would probably skip all the dialogue parts. it truly was awful dialogue.
almost ruins the movie for me.

Reactions: belloq87