Horror Movies Thread | Page 69 | Inside Universal Forums

Horror Movies Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So... I watched Trap and it was legitimately one of the most frustrating films I have ever watched.

I was all but yelling at the screen by the end credits as if I was Vince Russo dropping BRO after every scream. I do not understand the appeal of M. Night's extremely, alien like tilted dialogue, unwavering sense of self worth, absolutely abysmal plotting efforts. I seriously loathe the 'CinemaSins' style of critique by man alive was it ultra hard to watch this and not go 'BUT WHY WOULD THEY NOT DO THIS' every two minutes.

I do not understand the movement propping M. Night as some mastermind auteur. He makes silly films with exaggerated styling that can sometimes be fun popcorn films but the second you start actually thinking about the on goings they mostly crumble to sandy bits.

Hartnett is fine and does well with what absolute little he's given but his performance really isn't anything we haven't seen before in genre offerings and isn't the best at it either.

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
So... I watched Trap and it was legitimately one of the most frustrating films I have ever watched.

I was all but yelling at the screen by the end credits as if I was Vince Russo dropping BRO after every scream. I do not understand the appeal of M. Night's extremely, alien like tilted dialogue, unwavering sense of self worth, absolutely abysmal plotting efforts. I seriously loathe the 'CinemaSins' style of critique by man alive was it ultra hard to watch this and not go 'BUT WHY WOULD THEY NOT DO THIS' every two minutes.

I do not understand the movement propping M. Night as some mastermind auteur. He makes silly films with exaggerated styling that can sometimes be fun popcorn films but the second you start actually thinking about the on goings they mostly crumble to sandy bits.

Hartnett is fine and does well with what absolute little he's given but his performance really isn't anything we haven't seen before in genre offerings and isn't the best at it either.

the first half was actually really great, i loved it. the second half is one of the worst things I've ever seen lol :lol:
the ending was an insult to the audience lol

I thought that the whole movie would only take place in one place, the movie destroys itself after that place. it was truly awful.

EVENT HORIZON's got some terrific stuff in it. Great Fishburne and Neill performances.

The recordings (both audio and visual) of what happened to the crew are pretty potent in terms of horror. They shot a lot of extreme material for that stuff that had to be cut in order to avoid an NC-17 rating, and that footage is apparently lost in a salt mine somewhere.

it deserves to be lost and I hope it's never found lol. its probably really horrible

the first half was actually really great, i loved it.

How. HOW can you center this story around a psychopathic serial killer who is ultra manipulative, very intelligent and basically a mastermind to the point he can design and carry out complex schemes within the confines of the concert setting yet have me believe he is AFRAID of a simple police barrier that would just ask him some questions? He is literally SHOWN casually lying and manipulating several people throughout the concert but he can't devise anything to get past the police line?

It sucked me right out of the movie. Along with the gaggle of numerous just outright silly and stupid things that happen.

How. HOW can you center this story around a psychopathic serial killer who is ultra manipulative, very intelligent and basically a mastermind to the point he can design and carry out complex schemes within the confines of the concert setting yet have me believe he is AFRAID of a simple police barrier that would just ask him some questions? He is literally SHOWN casually lying and manipulating several people throughout the concert but he can't devise anything to get past the police line?

It sucked me right out of the movie. Along with the gaggle of numerous just outright silly and stupid things that happen.

I was enjoying the movie because everything you said was leading to something. I thought the movie would end when the concert ends. I thought he would win. I really was enjoying everything inside the concert, because I thought it was just build up for something better. I thought he would be smarter.
that's why the second half is such an Insult to me lol. second half is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.