Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Horror Nights Wish List - Orlando

if they can make Ghostbusters work as a house

Did they though?

(In all fairness, the house could've worked just fine for me if it had been in a similar format to Alien Attack and not just a book report. And if there hadn't already been Klownz and Stranger Things.)

The Ring would be nice, partially because I'd love seeing what clue would be used for it.

Last edited:
I'd kill for a Twin Peaks or a David Lynch mashup house. Could easily do a Black Lodge house containing surreal scenes from across his filmography.

A mashup house would be very interesting. I guess we could have characters from Eraserhead, Blue Velvet, TP, Mulholland Drive, The Lost Highway, and Inland Empire. I don’t think Dune, Elephant Man, or Straight Story would be fitting at all for an HHN house.

Honestly, if, and that’s a big IF, a David Lynch house were to appear, my bet is it’s only TP.

A mashup house would be very interesting. I guess we could have characters from Eraserhead, Blue Velvet, TP, Mulholland Drive, The Lost Highway, and Inland Empire. I don’t think Dune, Elephant Man, or Straight Story would be fitting at all for an HHN house.

Honestly, if, and that’s a big IF, a David Lynch house were to appear, my bet is it’s only TP.
I would literally run out of the house as soon as I saw a Winkie's diner sign. I hope that I never see that face, ever, outside of a dream.

It just now hit me...

Scooby-Doo could make a great house. Or, more specifically, the Mystery Incorporated series. It was a much darker and more mature variation of the show that had a huge finale with many of the main supporting characters being brutally killed by a demon summoned by Nazis. I am not joking.

Why not, Ima just do a rapid-fire list:

IP's
  • Slasher - Parade
  • FNaF - SS
  • Dead by Daylight - Parade
  • Doom - SS25
  • BioShock - SS25
  • Fallout - Sprung (vault) or SS (wasteland)
  • Until Dawn - Parade
  • Scream - Sprung 1
  • IT - SS21
  • The Thing - SS
  • Leprechaun - Shrek
  • Jurassic Park - New Parade
  • MIB - SS
  • Jaws - SS25
  • And it'll never happen, but... Psych in SS22.

Originals
  • H.R. Bloodengutz Presents Slaughter Sinema - Sprung
  • Nightingales: Blood Oath (medieval house) - SS
  • Seeds of the Reaping - Sprung
  • Terra Cruentes - SS21
  • Ghost Town 3 - SS
  • Carnival Graveyard: House of Horrors - Sprung
  • Curse of Pandora's Box - MIB
  • Asylum in Wonderland 3D - Shrek (this is purely bias since it was my first house ever and I'd like to do it again now that I'm a mega-fan)

Last edited:
Has the idea of a Midnight Syndicate House collaboration ever come up? With their live tours and back catalogue, it feels like they'd be able to work with the HHN team to create something cool.

Obviously HHN 30 already has its plans, but for a big anniversary event like this, I'd have been down for some fun revamps of houses. There are plenty of older houses from the event's history that could offer a fun new spin, such as Hotel Hell, Creatures!, or Terror Underground.

Obviously HHN 30 already has its plans, but for a big anniversary event like this, I'd have been down for some fun revamps of houses. There are plenty of older houses from the event's history that could offer a fun new spin, such as Hotel Hell, Creatures!, or Terror Underground.

They tried for 25 but it kind of fell on its face in my opinion. Run mixed with Hellgate was kind of bad and Body Collectors mixed with Shadybrook was more or less just lip service. The most popular houses that year were an IP and a straight re-telling of fan favorites.

Frank Sinatra. Call it "SINatra's Nightmare". After hearing what the Eillish house was going to be like, I would use a similar concept for this house (walking through a Sinatra Nightmare). The house would be filled with Sinatra music, which if used properly can be the background to properly scare people anyway, but my idea was to have some of his songs remixed so that instead of swing/jazz music, they all take on a different vibe and are much creepier.

They tried for 25 but it kind of fell on its face in my opinion. Run mixed with Hellgate was kind of bad and Body Collectors mixed with Shadybrook was more or less just lip service. The most popular houses that year were an IP and a straight re-telling of fan favorites.
True, but I don't just mean those mash-ups.

Take Hotel Hell, for instance. The original house was more of a generic shut-down hotel with ghosts and dismembered hotel staff around. I was thinking you could take the basic hotel setting and theme it as a posh Art Deco-designed hotel whose management is using it as a front for the rich to hunt humans.

The more I think about it, the more I really want a Fallout house or scare zone. So much potential and different scenarios you could use.

If you want a scare zone, easy and obvious option is to just have it set in any part of the wasteland with raiders everywhere. Or if you want an open house, have it set in the Mojave Wasteland with Deathclaw puppets and an epic finale set in the New Vegas Strip. Plus, imagine this playing as you're going in:

Or (and here's the main house idea in my mind) if you want a more confined and creepy house, have it set in one of the many horrifying Vaults. First one that comes to mind for me is Vault 22, especially since they've nailed the mutant plants theme with Seeds of Extinction. For those who aren't familiar, Vault 22, like all of the vaults in the Fallout universe, was less for protection from the Great War and more for horrific experimentation on its citizens. Vault 22 in this case, had a fungus known as Beauveria mordicana, which when exposed to any organism, infects it and colonizes the body, killing it off and making it a host, turning them into spore carriers, which look terrifying. One of the doctors experimenting with this became infected, which then led to it slowly spreading and infecting the enire vault. In the end, of the 2000 dwellers sent to live in the vault, only 118 made it out, leaving the vault abandoned and left to become an overgrown and continuously-mutating facility.

And I don't think I really need to explain how this could lend itself to be a great house.

The more I think about it, the more I really want a Fallout house or scare zone. So much potential and different scenarios you could use.

If you want a scare zone, easy and obvious option is to just have it set in any part of the wasteland with raiders everywhere. Or if you want an open house, have it set in the Mojave Wasteland with Deathclaw puppets and an epic finale set in the New Vegas Strip. Plus, imagine this playing as you're going in:

Or (and here's the main house idea in my mind) if you want a more confined and creepy house, have it set in one of the many horrifying Vaults. First one that comes to mind for me is Vault 22, especially since they've nailed the mutant plants theme with Seeds of Extinction. For those who aren't familiar, Vault 22, like all of the vaults in the Fallout universe, was less for protection from the Great War and more for horrific experimentation on its citizens. Vault 22 in this case, had a fungus known as Beauveria mordicana, which when exposed to any organism, infects it and colonizes the body, killing it off and making it a host, turning them into spore carriers, which look terrifying. One of the doctors experimenting with this became infected, which then led to it slowly spreading and infecting the enire vault. In the end, of the 2000 dwellers sent to live in the vault, only 118 made it out, leaving the vault abandoned and left to become an overgrown and continuously-mutating facility.

And I don't think I really need to explain how this could lend itself to be a great house.

Fallout is RIPE for a house or zone. While a Vault would make an awesome house, I want a Wasteland house SO badly.