Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Horror Nights Wish List - Orlando

I think you are vastly underestimating it's currently popularity. I could compare metrics but I don't think any of us want that.

I understand it's still popular, but it is not at the height of its popularity anymore, and the movie's continuous delays do not help at all. Like I said, each passing year making the likelihood smaller and smaller.

Wishlist for 31:

The Pumpkin Lord - Either him hosting the event as a new icon or a zone where the story of Wicked Growth continues.

The Thing (1984) - It’s about time we get a tribute to this horror classic with a house that’s on par with AWiL from 23.

Hellraiser - Another iconic horror IP that needs to be acquired.

Twin Peaks: Into The Black Lodge -Never going to happen, but the lounge scene from LT gave me TP vibes.

Last edited:
I understand it's still popular, but it is not at the height of its popularity anymore, and the movie's continuous delays do not help at all. Like I said, each passing year making the likelihood smaller and smaller.
That, plus the fact that a kid's pizzeria setting is a generic enough locale to use for a horror story. Willy's Wonderland is a movie using that setting, along with hostile animatronics. Heck, Slaughter Sinema had a scene using the setting, even if it didn't have the other FNaF-style elements.

The movie's continuous delays are a problem.
However, the biggest game in the history of the franchise (In which the trailer for this set game has grossed 13 Million views, maybe more haven't checked.) is coming out sometime this year.

If FNaF's movie can't be made into a house I think it's time to take another swing at a Video game house. Now I could totally be wrong, but that gut is kicking in and it's telling me now is the time.

I will be back to talk about this during spec season, now is not the time to talk about 31.

After seeing Malignant I need that as an attraction. If Netflix is coming back next year then the Fear Street series would be a great fit. Halloween Kills seems ultraviolent and perfect for the event. Dead by Daylight is also a no brainier and a good IP to bring back video games

After seeing Malignant I need that as an attraction.

Everyone wants to see HHN do a action house, and Malignant's 3rd act would be the perfect answer to the "want for a action house."

Debatably, Malignant can also act as "comedy house" too.

So yes, I totally agree that we need a Malignant house at HHN. It would be epic.

Everyone wants to see HHN do a action house, and Malignant's 3rd act would be the perfect answer to the "want for a action house."

Debatably, Malignant can also act as "comedy house" too.

So yes, I totally agree that we need a Malignant house at HHN. It would be epic.
And yet…everyone bashed on the action scene finale(s) to Freddy vs Jason at the time.

Sometimes what we think everybody wants is not what everybody actually wants

Sometimes what we think everybody wants is not what everybody actually wants

This...so much this. There's complaints about the event being too formulaic, but at the end of the day the most popular houses even among fans are usually the Halloween comfort food topics. Revealed preference theory is a very real thing.

Last edited:
After some more exploration of the horror genre, here's a few more (probably very unlikely) IPs that I would love to see as HHN houses:

-Halloween Kills
-Halloween III: Season of the Witch
-CryptTV
-The Haunting of Bly Manor
-The Conjuring
-Gremlins
-Phantom of the Opera
-Fear Street
-Midnight Mass (it may not be out quite yet, but it sounds very promising)

I would love to see a malignant house right now. That being said I’m not sure if by the time next year comes around I would still be hyped for it. It definitely seems like one of those properties where timing is key

-Midnight Mass (it may not be out quite yet, but it sounds very promising)
*vaguely creepy property comes out that we don’t even know the deeper plot of*

BRING IT TO HHN!
My friend has seen the entire series. It is heavily rooted in Catholicism and grapples with ideas of faith as well as sobriety.

It doesn't take such a kind view to religion (thought Flanagan's parents, both of whom are Catholic, thought it was good), so I have a feeling it may hit upon controversy.

All that to say, I wouldn't get any hopes up on this one ever appearing

My friend has seen the entire series. It is heavily rooted in Catholicism and grapples with ideas of faith as well as sobriety.

It doesn't take such a kind view to religion (thought Flanagan's parents, both of whom are Catholic, thought it was good), so I have a feeling it may hit upon controversy.

All that to say, I wouldn't get any hopes up on this one ever appearing
Yep. The vibe I got was that it’s more a psychological-thriller detective procedural.

Remember when everyone swore True Detective should appear at HHN and then the first season ended and everyone realized that it WASN’T about a supernatural cult but was, instead, just about a pedophile ring? And then True Detective was never mentioned in connection with HHN again?

I’m expecting Midnight Mass to be like that.

EDIT - I was incorrect. But I still don’t see it happening.

Last edited:
Yep. The vibe I got was that it’s more a psychological-thriller detective procedural.

Remember when everyone swore True Detective should appear at HHN and then the first season ended and everyone realized that it WASN’T about a supernatural cult but was, instead, just about a pedophile ring? And then True Detective was never mentioned in connection with HHN again?

I’m expecting Midnight Mass to be like that.

EDIT - I was incorrect. But I still don’t see it happening.
Well, the window for Midnight Mass is pretty much next year or never given it's an anthology series (that doesn't have nearly the amount of buzz as Hill House). I think we're going to see Netflix at next year's event, but I think it's going to be Stranger Things S4.

I would love to see Demon Slayer come to HHN (if only for the Nezuko popcorn bucket from Japan...). The first season and Mugen Train have a variety of environments and demons that would translate well to a house. I'd also argue that it's more popular than a good portion of the IPs brought to the event in the last five years and would attract a new audience.