House of Horrors Replacement | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

House of Horrors Replacement

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Here are two pics from yesterday when I was at the park for Grinchmas...

6sFO0WV.jpg

Sorry this wasn't lined up better, I took both pics pretty quickly, but I wanted to show off the full façade view from this angle

AKsadqG.jpg

^As you can see, the rumored "haunt attraction" location of the new building has not progressed very far.

Well some were saying it wouldn't open until next years HHN. And then it would be open year round after that. Not sure how much truth there is to that though.

Well that honestly wouldn't be too hard to imagine since that was how it was for House of Horrors. It'd make sense, but at the same time... this new attraction, if we're to believe the rumor, is needed a lot sooner than HHN. The park needs every ride/attraction/show option it can offer when Potter opens...

It will be so nice to have those construction walls gone (....only to reappear elsewhere in the park :p )..

Has there been any progress on the Baker St side? And by that I mean, have the walls been pushed back yet or are they still pretty much blocking the access that way?

I'm still not a huge fan of the new facades. Of course it's a vast improvement over how they previously were, but still. I think I can narrow it down mostly to the whole right side on the main entrance side. It looks awkwardly flat and doesn't transition well at all between the different styles of architecture in my opinion. The scale of the building also just looks off, and shouldn't be as intrusive to the Universal Plaza tower as it currently is. I've always felt it wa supposed to be an "icon" per say and this new building just towers/obscures it.

Reactions: Jon Fu and Wesker69
I'm sorry I'm a bit confused/ haven't been keeping up with rumors. I thought the space was just getting shops and restauraunts. Another haunt is going in that space as well? 

Finally got to see these facades yesterday. Love how much it adds to the entrance and the details popping up look fantastic. But I really didn't like the colors in person. Like, they're not bad individually I guess, but they all completely clash and are way too saturated and harsh. They need to tone them down and make them more muted.

Hopefully the finished product works harmoniously.

I was really hoping they would add a new and improved version of the NBC Universal Experience. Maybe a sit down restaurant with all the memorabilia and props surrounding you as you eat. But a Walking Dead attraction/maze would bring in more ticket sales and money.

Hollywood Grill will become "Hollywood & Dine" from what I'm hearing the HOH replacement is nothing more than retail and coffee shop. The side of the building closest to Globe Theater will have a large door that will allow merchandise on pallets to be loaded on to an elevator that will take the product to a storage area.
I stand corrected on the storage area, my source that said it would be used for storage has confirmed there will in fact be a year round walk through. The Walking Dead is what they heard as the theme. I can't for the life of me figure out how they plan to house the queue and attraction inside the building. With the new shops and coffee house a large amount of space was consumed. I can't see them using Baker Street for the queue with the amount of people that will have already flooded the park for Potter. Maybe the attraction will be a lot smaller?

Hollywood Grill will become "Hollywood & Dine" from what I'm hearing the HOH replacement is nothing more than retail and coffee shop. The side of the building closest to Globe Theater will have a large door that will allow merchandise on pallets to be loaded on to an elevator that will take the product to a storage area.
I stand corrected on the storage area, my source that said it would be used for storage has confirmed there will in fact be a year round walk through. The Walking Dead is what they heard as the theme. I can't for the life of me figure out how they plan to house the queue and attraction inside the building. With the new shops and coffee house a large amount of space was consumed. I can't see them using Baker Street for the queue with the amount of people that will have already flooded the park for Potter. Maybe the attraction will be a lot smaller?

What i'm interested in is how TWD will affect next years Horror Nights now, as that will be something more said due to it becoming a permanent stay.

Reactions: chris.g
I'm afraid in typical USH fashion... they most likely will design five mazes and count the new year round as our sixth maze. I would absolutely be blown away if we got the year round and six new mazes. Most likely better discussion in the HHN thread but I also question if the event isn't growing it's number of mazes/shows like Orlando because of the creative team being so much smaller or if the building codes etc are so much more extensive that the costs are higher to produce the event.

Last edited by a moderator: