How to Train Your Dragon – Isle of Berk (Epic Universe) | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

How to Train Your Dragon – Isle of Berk (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This land looks amazing. Everything you would want out of a land based on dragons. Meet the dragons, walk amongst them, and them flying above? Plus 3 rides and a show? I feel this is the most complete land of all the lands.

This is the land I’m least excited about. I never fully watched the first one and didn’t watch 2 or 3. I’ll ride everything at least once to say I did, but I don’t think I’ll spend too much time in this area.
I have not seen every movie every land/ride is based on and I still enjoy them. I think anyone can enjoy this land based on how it is built.

Also, I didn't realize in the flat ride you can control going upside down, that is neat and really different flat ride.

**Obligatory disclaimer**
I have never seen one of these movies and I have no desire to, however. . .

This land looks really good! FIrst of all, you can't go wrong with vikings and dragons and Universal really elevated that lore with what looks like a top notch area. It appears there will be gags and lots of small things around the area to give it that kinetic energy that super nintendo world has. Love the backstory behind the ride so you know why you are aren't continually flying lol. Cant wait to walk through that portal and be amazed by all the bright colors and dragons!

Canadian Wow GIF by DJ Khaled

Question not just for Berk but this goes for Nintendo and Potter as well…

Will these lands feature original music or just the compositions from existing projects of said IP?

I know Dark Universe and Celestial park do not pertain to this question.

Here is a good video explaining the technique of how to do barrel rolls on a Sky Fly.

I have never seen one of these before, so this is really cool. I wasn't expecting the upside down part since the testing videos out there are with no one in it. Cool.

Wish they got the wing glider down to 38" but I do think this is a very balanced land with the playground, show, and boat ride all something everyone can do along with the meet and greets. The 40" will get a large majority of families being able to do together and then just the one 48" ride which with how it is I imagine most under 48 wouldn't even want to go on it. I don't think I am getting my son on that and he is 48".

Anyone that was questioning "Why" they chose Dragons for a land in EU... shouldn't be questioning it after this reveal.

Also, if you haven't seen the films (the series expands the lore/depth), you really should. They aren't "kiddie" by any means. It's actually a very emotionally charged franchise.

When the video kept jumping between IP footage & actual land concepts, I was having a hard time separating the two. That's how good they did.

Let me preface this by saying "who cares?", but I wish they were able to extend some sort of theming onto the building.

Do you mean rockwork? I’d argue a mural/flat is theming. But if there’s a theming scale: I see it as unthemed green building, mural flats, then rock work.

I’m also curious how it looks not 40ft in the air.

This land will be an absolute 'Visual Feast'. It's sooooo very colorful, vibrant and alive. What a contrast to the very drab looking Batuu...................................This land will be a very big help to Epic's capacity. The land is huge and there's so much to do. Well done, Universal Creative. UC brought the 'Creative' to a new level.

Do you mean rockwork? I’d argue a mural/flat is theming. But if there’s a theming scale: I see it as unthemed green building, mural flats, then rock work.

I’m also curious how it looks not 40ft in the air.
Rock work or an extension of the wood paneling would be fine with me lol, just not a fan of murals to act as "theming"

Angle in the video makes the building definitely look far smaller than it is. It's good that the building is positioned to be hidden from the grand reveal from the portal based on angles.

Reactions: Suchomimus and Nico
Out of the lands, this ranked lowest for me in terms of IP attachment but I am SO HYPED for this! The visual combination of adventure and whimsy is so fun, and I appreciate a land where I can ride mostly everything without feeling slightly green. My friend (who's warming up to Universal) messaged that we had to watch the movies before we go, and I'm so excited that she's excited!

Separately, love the entire launch package. A short social video, a longer one with awesome details, pages for each attraction, LOTS of concept art, and the very cool interactive virtual flythrough of the land. They really went all out with marketing materials here and I love every bit of it. MAJOR kudos to the entire team - can't wait for the rest!

Oof, I like the design of the top shirt but I'm not sold on that yellow.
I couldn't imagine any other color than the yellow! It reminds me of those big bright characters shirts from Walmart that kids love. I can't think of any other color that could do the graphic justice.

I couldn't imagine any other color than the yellow! It reminds me of those big bright characters shirts from Walmart that kids love. I can't think of any other color that could do the graphic justice.
I get the yellow but a white variant would be much more wearable for people that just don’t wear yellow.
Harder to style it with anything.