How to Train Your Dragon – Isle of Berk (Epic Universe) | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

How to Train Your Dragon – Isle of Berk (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not all pollen is yellow. ;)

I actually think a dark ride would take away from this land a bit. My reasoning is that if the land pans out to be as detailed and "real" as possible it's going to be hard to replicate that ambiance indoors. Outdoor scenes indoors feel off to me but it could be even more noticeable here.

Would I let that get in the way of a good dark ride though? Probably not. But I also don't think this land will need a new addition for some years after opening.
My back patio furniture that is all yellow right now would disagree about it not all being yellow. :lmao:

I agree, I don't know that this land needed a dark right or if one would fit the theme they are going for. I also think this land is the last one that needs another attraction as it is pretty well rounded right now. Once it opens I think all the other 3 lands get additions before this one.

In regards to the "adoptable dragons", I'd look towards the currently very popular Potter owl shoulder-pals.. Those are voice-interactive. I'd expect the dragons to be an upgraded version.

Forget the dark ride/simulator screen.. they should just add an old school swinging Viking ship flat ride! lol .....just be thankful I didn't suggest a Dragons-dumbo spinner (we already have that on steroids with Dragons Racer Rally)
Those shoulder owls are also hard to find! My kids have asked every time we go to Universal since end of December and they are always out of them. If they are anything like those my guess is the money will roll into Universal!

Have you ever ridden those things? Its not a shock most parks have gotten rid of them. They are painful with the restraints as well as not a good fit for that particular family friendly land as the other attractions are. Now a disko is another story. . .

But anyway, this is not a thread for a wish list so I will get back to discussing what IS and what is wished. . .
Funny enough I know parks have recently added the non-upside down boat ones which is the ones they should add and the dizzy disk I know have been removed from a park due to maintenance issues lol. Also, they never have long lines because the restraints on the disk ones can be uncomfortable, my one child hated them because of that.

Does anyone know if the coaster or flat ride will have on board audio?

I realize that the score will probably be prevalent throughout the land, but there's something about zipping around to that music that would be great fun.
I am hoping for onboard audio as it can vastly improve a coaster. I didn't realize how much until I rode Big Bear at dollywood and one train had it and the other didn't. It was a noticeably different experience.

It's surprising how many times this kind of response to HTTYD comes up. It's really good to see the overall reaction leans positive post reveal and I think once we're all able to see it in person it'll be even better.

In terms of guest reaction it looks like the land will be a sleeper hit.
I agree, I am shocked so many thought this land would be the worst or one they wouldn't enjoy. A stage show to me alone made this land great, but the theming is just amazing.

Funny enough I know parks have recently added the non-upside down boat ones which is the ones they should add and the dizzy disk I know have been removed from a park due to maintenance issues lol. Also, they never have long lines because the restraints on the disk ones can be uncomfortable, my one child hated them because of that.
I know of only one park that has done this, Dollywood. What are the others?

I know of only one park that has done this, Dollywood. What are the others?
I said a park.

But it also never had a line and either does the one at Legoland. It is uncomfortable. I don't know of any park that has removed the swinging boat (that doesn't go upside down). But clearly don't visit every park. I am just saying the swinging boat is a popular ride to have at parks. They could do a couple of them to help capacity like they did 2 of the flyer ones.

You guys think Yaknog will actually be a thing come Christmas-- sorry, Snoggletog? I doubt it, but who knows?
In HTTYD Astrid is show to be a less than stellar cook. However the official HTTYD FB page did upload a more palatable and fully edible verison of Yaknog. Here it is:

• 3 Cups of milk
  • 3 Tbs of maple syrup
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • ½ tsp ground nutmeg
  • ¼ tsp ground ginger
  • ¼ tsp ground allspice
  • "Blend and grab your tankard!"
  • Top with whip cream and a garnish of spices

Dang it, I need to log in to see this and I don't have an Insta account. :V
There wasn't much info since it was focused on a few of the people working in the land with a close look at a couple of minor theming elements in the background and a quick view inside the building for what looks like the show from the catwalk above the stage.

This was the greatest bit! Once the scaffolding comes down the view of the mountain will be spectacular.

httyd-entrance.png

(I don't think reposting this violates any rules since it was publicly posted?)