Howl-O-Scream 2021 (SeaWorld Orlando) | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Howl-O-Scream 2021 (SeaWorld Orlando)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So I drew up a quick map for SWO Howl-O-Scream. Blue is possible to house locations, which I think there will only be 4-6 of. I think 6 is the least likely to be used, but it's the only good spot for a tent house. It's surprising how little space is underutilized backstage here. Also, only one of 7 and 5 would likely be used, and I'm unsure if there is enough flat space for a house in 5. I didn't include the rest of the Sea Harbor pavilions because they're pretty small and are likely to be used for the park entrance services, such as guest services, lost and found,

Purple is the show locations. Those are the only two locations I currently expect a show to happen, but SWSA Howl-Scream has done an orca show in the past.

The red areas are potions of the part I expect to be closed for the event. This includes the bridge from the Sea Harbor Pavillions to the Bayside Stadium because that pathway is dangerously small to be a major thoroughfare.

The small green arrow shows the alternate route to the park proper that I expect them to use, which is much wider, and the big green arrow is the main entrance, which has been confirmed.

I didn't mark scarezones b/c they could literally be anywhere.
Screenshot 2021-07-06 224600.jpg

Reactions: shiekra38
So I drew up a quick map for SWO Howl-O-Scream. Blue is possible to house locations, which I think there will only be 4-6 of. I think 6 is the least likely to be used, but it's the only good spot for a tent house. It's surprising how little space is underutilized backstage here. Also, only one of 7 and 5 would likely be used, and I'm unsure if there is enough flat space for a house in 5. I didn't include the rest of the Sea Harbor pavilions because they're pretty small and are likely to be used for the park entrance services, such as guest services, lost and found,

Purple is the show locations. Those are the only two locations I currently expect a show to happen, but SWSA Howl-Scream has done an orca show in the past.

The red areas are potions of the part I expect to be closed for the event. This includes the bridge from the Sea Harbor Pavillions to the Bayside Stadium because that pathway is dangerously small to be a major thoroughfare.

The small green arrow shows the alternate route to the park proper that I expect them to use, which is much wider, and the big green arrow is the main entrance, which has been confirmed.

View attachment 14833
Of these, I assume that only 1, 2, 3, and 8 are viable house locations. 4 houses a ton of animals, for 5, Seaport Theater doesn't have any big, level spaces (maybe if they got really creative they could build a house in the entrance/exit areas, but that might be a fire hazard), 6 is a good spot for a tent, but I can't see SeaWorld using any tents given the availability of indoor/covered locations (could be very wrong on that one), 7 has the same issue as SeaPort with tiered seating.

That said, I strongly agree on the closed areas of the park.

View attachment 14833
Hmmm I like where this is going!

8 houses would be a shock to me, but I'd of course be very pleased

Of these, I assume that only 1, 2, 3, and 8 are viable house locations. 4 houses a ton of animals, for 5, Seaport Theater doesn't have any big, level spaces (maybe if they got really creative they could build a house in the entrance/exit areas, but that might be a fire hazard), 6 is a good spot for a tent, but I can't see SeaWorld using any tents given the availability of indoor/covered locations (could be very wrong on that one), 7 has the same issue as SeaPort with tiered seating.

That said, I strongly agree on the closed areas of the park.
Yeah, there are a few problems with The Waterfront locations, but I can't see them not putting a house there. My reasoning is balancing the park, but honestly as the first year I doubt they actually care about that as much as I expect. Also, while they do have a lot of indoor/covered locations, not many of them are underutilized. The only ones that don't have a use daily are the Sea Harbor Pavilions and Ports of Call. Also, for 5, I was thinking the cut-through pathway, exit, and entrance could be combined for a house while only going through the theater in the front or on stage.

Yes, but their HOS is included with day ticket and not a hard ticket. I would assume there will be zero animal shows/areas open. Drunk, rowdy Halloween crowds and animals don't mix.
It’s included in the cost, but the Howl-O-Scream area is “separate” from the park in general. They even put “gates” up to tell you that your entering HoS.

And the themed bars at HoS SWSA are hugely popular. That doesn’t stop the Shamu show from happening.

Reactions: SeventyOne
A little ghost has told me that a backstage building right between Sesame and Infinity Falls has recently had some temporary black wooden walls built up almost like an entrance and exit in front of the existing garage door...Just something to consider!

I'm very excited to see the amount of freedom the scareactors are given. If BGT HOS is anything to go by, HHN is gonna have real competition in town finally in terms of their being an actual event on the same level-ish that's also *actually* scary. Nothing against HHN, I love it, but the scares have been pretty weak in recent years. HHN puts on the glitz and the glam, but HOS typically focuses on the scares more, since it's cheaper

HOSSW = Sleeper hit...calling it now

I think it will be a quality event either way. They snagged some great vets for design work. But either the novelty, cheap prices and focus on scares make it a runaway hit with cars stretched down I-Drive half the night, or the lack of HHN branding means it's so sparsely attended it's a one and done, with a few old-timers on this board lamenting it every year for the next two decades. I don't see a lot of middle ground here.