Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Howl-O-Scream 2022 (Seaworld Orlando)

[QUOTE="Stonecoldfreak1, post: 965658, member: 11785"
I highly recommend stopping by Longshoreman's Tavern at some point though. The actors there are a blast. I can't believe something like this isn't present at Universal or Disney year-round.

So I went to the Longshoreman's Tavern, which according to the map was located at the Flamecraft Bar by the water, and didn't see any actors?? This was at the last hour of the event.
[/QUOTE]

Saw them out there early Sunday. Not sure how late their shows go, tho.

Had a blast again at SW HOS..It has firmly cemented itself as my top favorite theme park haunt

There was a moment where we were walking in a very dark area of the park, not in a scarezone, no music and BAM a bunch of bush people jumped out at us

Have not experienced a moment like this at a haunt in quite a while

I do hope they keep adding houses and changing up scenes like they seem to be doing

We don't want a "Death Water Bayou" of SW (ironically that house will probably be shipped here next year lol)

Spoilers for Blood Reckoning.
Every other group they insert a plant into the front of the group that enters from the express line. You spend about 80% of the way through the house with the plant only for him to get grabbed by the arm and slammed against the wall by the vampire(?) women then get his shirt ripped off and bitten/attacked. It was absolutely the most unexpected thing I’ve ever had happen in any house ever. I fully believe the empty first part of the house is that you notice the plant is alone and not someone with your actual group. He responds to you, bonds with you. I was most impressed that the one we had wasn’t outwardly playing a character like the amputees that Universal used to use in the Queues. Anyone notice the old man standing next to the entrance with the liquor bottle? He was seemingly being used as the plant for larger Spanish-speaking groups. We had a well dressed, taller, younger guy with curly hair.

Supposedly HOS was packed to capacity for the first time in the Sea World events history last night. They had to open extra pathways to accommodate all of the people. Good sign for Sea World, but if they are going to have these kind of crowds, the house count 100% needs to be expanded.

Spoilers for Blood Reckoning.
Every other group they insert a plant into the front of the group that enters from the express line. You spend about 80% of the way through the house with the plant only for him to get grabbed by the arm and slammed against the wall by the vampire(?) women then get his shirt ripped off and bitten/attacked. It was absolutely the most unexpected thing I’ve ever had happen in any house ever. I fully believe the empty first part of the house is that you notice the plant is alone and not someone with your actual group. He responds to you, bonds with you. I was most impressed that the one we had wasn’t outwardly playing a character like the amputees that Universal used to use in the Queues. Anyone notice the old man standing next to the entrance with the liquor bottle? He was seemingly being used as the plant for larger Spanish-speaking groups. We had a well dressed, taller, younger guy with curly hair.

I've ran this house 4 times and I've never seen this. I'm HOPING I get to see it executed, but if I don't there's always next year. I know they've done this in the past before as has Universal, and it tends to be great.

Supposedly HOS was packed to capacity for the first time in the Sea World events history last night. They had to open extra pathways to accommodate all of the people. Good sign for Sea World, but if they are going to have these kind of crowds, the house count 100% needs to be expanded.
HOS Tampa had 7 back in the day...I could easily see SW getting there

I'm feeling like they will continue to add a new one each year at both parks and just ship old ones between the two

Sooo...Death Water Bayou coming to SW next year lol

Had a blast again at SW HOS..It has firmly cemented itself as my top favorite theme park haunt

There was a moment where we were walking in a very dark area of the park, not in a scarezone, no music and BAM a bunch of bush people jumped out at us

Have not experienced a moment like this at a haunt in quite a while

I do hope they keep adding houses and changing up scenes like they seem to be doing

We don't want a "Death Water Bayou" of SW (ironically that house will probably be shipped here next year lol)
Yeah just went last night after having gone last year and love this haunt so much.

We had way more fun and got way more scares in both the houses and scarezones than HHN has been able to provide for several years combined. Definitely our favorite haunt. We are going again for its last night Monday. So great!

Last edited:
This event was everything I expected HHN to be. We had so much fun and genuine scares whereas HHN were rigid and predictable. HHN kind of felt a bit Disney to us in the scarezones, whereas for this event we genuinely felt some of them where unhinged haha.

Completely agree with the above comment on the random scares. Someone dived out of a random bush at us, as an example.

They used elevation well too to add depth to both scarezones and houses, and genuinely good distractions to get you from multiple angles. Very very fun event.

I firmly believe that Howl-O-Scream is embracing EVERYTHING that made HHN what it was (but isn't anymore).
I will give Universal a break, because the crowds are really a significant reason why HHN has to compromise on a lot of their old tricks

But yes, hot take, but I could see SW becoming the Knotts of Florida

I will give Universal a break, because the crowds are really a significant reason why HHN has to compromise on a lot of their old tricks

But yes, hot take, but I could see SW becoming the Knotts of Florida
It’s always great to have genuine competition.