Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

ICON Park

Sounds great.

Very interesting. Almost as if they're creating their own little fiefdom, no?

Seeing that they own Sea World, Discovery Cove, Aquatica, Busch Gardens, Legoland, Sea Life Aquarium, and a 50% stake in Universal Orlando, Blackstone is already a major player in Central FL tourism. These 3 Attractions will just increase their importance.

I wish they would have decided to put there attractions near legoland so theres more of a draw to that area.

Well, I believe they are adding a Sea Life Aquarium to the Legoland Resort. Similar to what they have in CA.

Last edited:
Oh my Orlando YES!!!
This is like good news day for CF tourism.
:D

I love this idea because those of us who want to go up 350+ feet in the air either have had to a) visit Sea World and pay separately for the Sky Tower, or b) pay a lot of money for a helicopter tour. I feel like this wheel will attract A LOT of people if the prices lie between $10 and $20/person. I know for a fact that I'll be going many times!

^ ill be going many times as well I love gigantic observation wheels!
I hope the 3rd attraction will be a Legoland Discovery Centre, that would be a great place to go when its a rainy day, and a good pickup point for the Legoland Bus!

From Screamscape.

I came across a great concept image of the I-Walk Orlando project, complete with the giant Orlando Eye attraction over at ExplorationOrlando.com this week. According to the article, Merlin is expected to open three attractions in the complex, the Eye, a Madame Tussauds and there is a good bit of expectation that the third could very well be one of their infamous Dungeon attractions. God I hope so… I-Drive could use a new year-round haunt experience and the Dungeons are supposed to be not only awesome, but include some crazy ride experiences as well in select locations.

This is very interesting. I-Drive could definitely use some quality attractions to balance out all the gift shops. The Orlando Eye would just be epic.

The other concept being batted around is something that MErlin does all over Europe which is there dungeon attractions. These are state of the art haunts Which would be interesting to see how it would work in the world of I-drive. Most of the Haunted concepts have fallen flat in the Orlando market. Merlin bought into ready made and successful parks in the Orlando area With Legoland(CYpress Gardens) and the Mercado they are starting with areas that have failed so We shall see what they have up there sleeves.

The other concept being batted around is something that MErlin does all over Europe which is there dungeon attractions. These are state of the art haunts Which would be interesting to see how it would work in the world of I-drive. Most of the Haunted concepts have fallen flat in the Orlando market. Merlin bought into ready made and successful parks in the Orlando area With Legoland(CYpress Gardens) and the Mercado they are starting with areas that have failed so We shall see what they have up there sleeves.

Would love to see a Dungeon!

Legoland gets Both sealife and the water park...... also the water park will be park of legoland much like splash island was park of cypress gardens..