Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

ICON Park

Sup ya'll got another inside scoop for you guys. Talked to Unicorp's Chuck Whittall about huge upgrades coming to Icon Orlando 360.

In a nutshell:
  • A new double slingshot ride on the southern side of Icon Orlando, bookending the complex with the existing Starflyer ride to the north. The new ride will be built tall enough to be considered the 'world's tallest.'
  • A drop tower — similar to rides like Disney's Tower of Terror — on the Universal Boulevard side of the complex, which currently is used as parking space. That ride also will be designed as the 'world's tallest.'
  • A new powered zipline ride, as well as other not-yet-announced thrill rides on the Universal Bourevard side of the property.
More details (including hotel expansions) are in the story (PAYWALLED): https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando...ive-unicorp-chuck-whittall-has-300m-mini.html

Sup ya'll got another inside scoop for you guys. Talked to Unicorp's Chuck Whittall about huge upgrades coming to Icon Orlando 360.

In a nutshell:
  • A new double slingshot ride on the southern side of Icon Orlando, bookending the complex with the existing Starflyer ride to the north. The new ride will be built tall enough to be considered the 'world's tallest.'
  • A drop tower — similar to rides like Disney's Tower of Terror — on the Universal Boulevard side of the complex, which currently is used as parking space. That ride also will be designed as the 'world's tallest.'
  • A new powered zipline ride, as well as other not-yet-announced thrill rides on the Universal Bourevard side of the property.
More details (including hotel expansions) are in the story (PAYWALLED): https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando...ive-unicorp-chuck-whittall-has-300m-mini.html

This portion of I drive will have the reputation of having the world’s tallest type of rides if they build the Polercoaster.

Wait, isn’t there supposed to be a drop-tower attached to the Skyplex? Why would they build a record-breaking drop tower only to have the record broken shortly afterwards? What’s the point?

In a nutshell:
As if ICON isn't tacky enough. More useless crap to clutter up the skyline.

I don't mind I-Drive 360, considering it looks nice and the new starflyer is nice to look at. Magical Midway has to be losing business, that place is just tacky.

I don't mind I-Drive 360, considering it looks nice and the new starflyer is nice to look at. Magical Midway has to be losing business, that place is just tacky.
It appears Starflyer is owned by the same people as Magical Midway? And the rides RichOBJ mentioned as coming to Icon Orlando appear to be the same exact set from Magical Midway... it appears Magical Midway is relocating to within Icon Orlando, so I can't imagine it staying open once that is done.

It appears Starflyer is owned by the same people as Magical Midway? And the rides RichOBJ mentioned as coming to Icon Orlando appear to be the same exact set from Magical Midway... it appears Magical Midway is relocating to within Icon Orlando, so I can't imagine it staying open once that is done.

Didn't know that. Logical for them to do that.