Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

ICON Park

I hope Magical Midway goes away soon. Surprised that after Fun Spot's expansion they didn't die off.
I believe I heard these new rides (along with Starflyer) are owned by the people who owned Magical Midway. I haven't heard of they plan to shut down the old ones when the new ones open, but maybe someone can investigate and confirm what I previously heard?

It's gonna be a nice view up there 400ft up to maybe see some of the unannounced Fantastic Worlds
I can see myself doing the new attractions, I like to go for the gusto, although I haven't got my self to skydive yet.
I wonder if they would sell like a multi pass for just ICON, and the drop tower,

Wow-- that's terrible. I don't know how it would be possible unless safety equipment failed or wasn't being used properly.

Wow-- that's terrible. I don't know how it would be possible unless safety equipment failed or wasn't being used properly.

If you take an OSHA course it's usually either not using safety equipment properly (or at all) or poorly maintained safety equipment. They're both usually indicative of poor training, recordkeeping, and compliance.

Apparently this is slated for next summer now. Watch out, VelociCoaster

I wish big drop towers, like this one, would have a ride profile more similar to an S&S Space Shot. I feel like that's much more interesting than a ride that slowly lowers you up, stops you for a bit, then drops you. Plus, it would likely have a shorter cycle time and higher capacity.

I wish big drop towers, like this one, would have a ride profile more similar to an S&S Space Shot. I feel like that's much more interesting than a ride that slowly lowers you up, stops you for a bit, then drops you. Plus, it would likely have a shorter cycle time and higher capacity.

Either that or make it rotate like Mach Tower at BGW if it has to go slow. That way it's actually interesting on the way up.

When the drop tower was first announced in May 2019, they said that the "seats will rotate with an unexpected twist as it drops down" - not sure exactly what they meant by that, or if it's even still part of the plan, but it would at least be a bit more interesting than a standard drop tower. Good to see it's at least still moving forward though.

Throwback to the original proposal. While the name has changed many times, it actually did end up being close to the original design with the exception of the buildings in the back.

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — A Madame Tussauds wax museum and a 425-foot “Orlando Eye” observation wheel will anchor a new tourist complex in central Florida. Merlin Entertainments announced Wednesday that it is collaborating with two developers to bring its attractions to a new shopping and entertainment complex to be called “I-Walk Orlando.” Opening is set for 2013. At 425-feet, the “Orlando Eye” wheel will be nearly as high as the landmark “London Eye” wheel, also owned by Merlin. The company also will operate the Legoland theme park opening later this year near Orlando. Merlin is collaborating on the project with Unicorp National Developments Inc. and Circle Entertainment Inc.

New_Square_11-0228900.jpg

This article seems to confirm that the Icon Park Drop Tower will, like Falcon’s Fury, face guests towards the ground for the drop.