Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

ICON Park

This article seems to confirm that the Icon Park Drop Tower will, like Falcon’s Fury, face guests towards the ground for the drop.
Then that article confirms i will not ride it

Not really. I would head to Main Event at Pointe Orlando.

Wow, surprised it reopened, was absolutely torn out last year whenever Tenet came out. Good sign for Pointe I suppose.

Agreed In the Game skippable. Dezerland another option if you don't like crowds.

I am coming to Orlando next month and my wife and I plan to spend an evening at icon park. I remember looking a year or so ago and there was something with the wheel where it was able to be booked for a couple for 2 times around with a bottle of champagne. Does anyone know anything about this or if it's still offered? The website does not have it. And if not, I do see you can purchase alcohol there to take on. Would my wife and I be able to get a capsule alone? Trying to go at night around the time of Disney fireworks so I'm not sure how we will be able to make sure we're in the air during the show. Thanks!

Is there any information on the hours and pricing for these new additions?

I’m at Universal Orlando for a week from Thursday and hopefully looking to get across to Icon Park. There doesn’t seem to be anything recent on the official website about the drop tower or slingshot!

I went on the Free Fall last week and absolutely loved it! The ride goes from serene and picturesque to utterly terrifying once those seats turn downward at the top.

They had a bunch of combo tickets around $20 for example the Starflyer and Free Fall but I just paid $12 for the one ride. A must do attraction if you're a thrillseeker.

Is there any information on the hours and pricing for these new additions?

I’m at Universal Orlando for a week from Thursday and hopefully looking to get across to Icon Park. There doesn’t seem to be anything recent on the official website about the drop tower or slingshot!

Sorry the new ones are not there yet so I would call.

I rode this a few weeks ago, and felt secure. But obviously the restraint needed to be pushed down further - I know I have been literally crushed into harnesses by Universal employees. Obviously some sort of modification will need to be done for the ride to ever reopen.

A similar accident happened on California's Great America's Intamin drop ride years ago.

Apparently from Sheriff Mina's press conference the kid was here visiting from Missouri with a friend's family. I can't imagine how terrible the family he was with must feel.

I rode this a few weeks ago, and felt secure. But obviously the restraint needed to be pushed down further - I know I have been literally crushed into harnesses by Universal employees. Obviously some sort of modification will need to be done for the ride to ever reopen.
It will never reopen. This happened in front of dozens of people, and was captured on video by multiple people. The ride is brand new and already has a completely ruined legacy. Icon Park will be sued for all they have, and they will deserve it. Given that this is a shopping mall, a bunch of businesses will pull out due to not wanting to be associated with the ride. The future of Icon Park isn't looking very great.