Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Illumination land?

The next dark ride will be based on the grinch
Honestly, I'd be surprised if they went with The Grinch over Lorax (need to rewatch this) or HOP.

I guess if Universal really wanted to, they aren't necessarily restricted to a "holiday themed" attraction. Could be an original creation not centered on stealing xmas. Although there is the OLD "It's Grinch Night" or " The Grinch Grinches The Cat in the Hat" that could be worked into the Illumination brand.

I was thinking the other day what if Universal Studios Built a ride on a Perhaps on the Grinch and they called it Mount
Crampit. The ride would be a e- ticket coaster with AA's , Visual effects , couple screens ? But the ride itself would be inside the mountain ? What do you guys think of it ?
I don't understand how you guys are constantly swayed by this guy's information. He gets no attention from reliable posters who present new information, engage with the forums consistently, and actually know how to write. And most of his previous posts are just old rumors recirculated as fact.

The next dark ride will be based on the grinch

The grinch attraction
Hmmm....I did mention earlier I would like to see an ET/Sesame Street: Spaghetti Spacechase style dark ride. Might be a little tricky to justify the "flying" aspect of the ride's story, but it would be kinda nice to see a ride like that. I don't know what other kind of dark ride they could do.

So, I have to ask: any idea which location it's going? Parisian? French Street VIP building?

I don't understand how you guys are constantly swayed by this guy's information. He gets no attention from reliable posters who present new information, engage with the forums consistently, and actually know how to write. And most of his previous posts are just old rumors recirculated as fact.
Well, you have to cut people some slack here. For one thing, all of the parks out here have been shut down for over a year. Of course we're going to jump onto whatever information we can. Secondly, I do understand your skepticism, but as long as we understand that nothing is officially happening until it's officially announced, I think it's fair to take the info for what it is and and consider the possibilities.

Hmmm....I did mention earlier I would like to see an ET/Sesame Street: Spaghetti Spacechase style dark ride. Might be a little tricky to justify the "flying" aspect of the ride's story, but it would be kinda nice to see a ride like that. I don't know what other kind of dark ride they could do.

Forget the Grinch, give us a Men in Black-style Minions shooter ride! We're "training" as Minions and then... something happens, yadda, yadda, big finale.

But in semi-seriousness, I'd love a "flying" dark ride again, so good call. I can't think of any way to fuse that onto most of the Illumination IPs in a way that's entirely justified, like you said, but man, it sure would be easy for a DreamWorks property like HTTYD.

Here's my idea for a ride, you could turn the Despicable Me franchise into a shooter ride using the elements from Despicable Me: 2. With some animatronics and projection mapping you could easily turn
the minions from purple to yellow using the jelly guns at the end of the movie. The plot could be simply save as many minions as possible and the final boss/scene is El Macho.
Jellyguns.png

Here's my idea for a ride, you could turn the Despicable Me franchise into a shooter ride using the elements from Despicable Me: 2. With some animatronics and projection mapping you could easily turn
the minions from purple to yellow using the jelly guns at the end of the movie. The plot could be simply save as many minions as possible and the final boss/scene is El Macho.
View attachment 14388
Eh, I would rather save the shooter concept for a Ghostbusters ride.

It's kind of moot point to blue sky/dream of anything new in regards to DM. Minion Mayhem & SSFL in its current form is here to stay whether we like it or not.

If anything, we're more likely to see a new ride film at some point since Minions 2 is on the way & allegedly, DM4 is in the works.

I'd be satisfied with a holiday ride film to swap out for 2 months, but that's very unlikely.

With Sing On Tour in Osaka, they explicitedly use songs directly used in the original film. If they'd make a Sing show, I'd assume they'd mix songs featured in Sing 1 and Sing 2 for the sake of it.

To bring up on the subject of Grinch, it still is Dr. Seuss. It's shocking that a larger presence of the IP hasn't been at USH on a permament basis (and not a seasonal one). Interestingly enough, I wonder if a Grinch attraction...doesn't, have to rely on being in Christmas. Controversial words, yes, but hear me out.

It isn't the first time that the subject would be of intrigue, as Grinch has occasionally popped in other forms outside of Christmas. Most famously, Grinch Night as the odd man out. Perhaps Universal Creative Hollywood had a Grinch concept that could work, with no use of the holidays as a full on element?

It isn't the first time that the subject would be of intrigue, as Grinch has occasionally popped in other forms outside of Christmas. Most famously, Grinch Night as the odd man out. Perhaps Universal Creative Hollywood had a Grinch concept that could work, with no use of the holidays as a full on element?
USH does have annoying habit of pushing generic Seuss merch during Grinchmas, especially Thing 1 & Thing 2 related

As I mentioned previously, maybe utilize "The Grinch Grinches The Cat in the Hat".. we'd kill two leading Seuss characters with one ride! Think of the merch!

USH does have annoying habit of pushing generic Seuss merch during Grinchmas, especially Thing 1 & Thing 2 related

As I mentioned previously, maybe utilize "The Grinch Grinches The Cat in the Hat".. we'd kill two leading Seuss characters with one ride! Think of the merch!
Another thing to consider, I recall Andy (HTF) or Alicia once saying some concepts of Grinch have been considered for Florida. Perhaps UC Hollywood is taking those ideas and running with it?

IF we got some type of Grinch ride, I'd guess they'd want to go for something in vein of PETS rather than another screen-based one.

Imagine if they could do it in a way that allows them to give it a holiday overlay (nov-jan). If Disney can do it, why not The Grinch?

A dark ride themed to one holiday season doesn't make sense to me.

Edit: Read more

Why make a Grinch ride that isn't themed to the most iconic thing about the Grinch? I think a Holiday show would be a better fit for that IP. Maybe take over the DreamWorks theater for a Christmas show or something.

Last edited:
Why make a Grinch ride that isn't themed to the most iconic thing about the Grinch? I think an updated Holiday show would be a better fit for that IP.
Because The Grinch, as a character, can exist outside of xmas. The most iconic thing about him is being a mean old grumpy-butthead. And technically, if they went the Mount Crumpit route, it'd just be Matterhorn with Grinch/Max featured. No need to include the xmas motif.

While i do agree that Grinchmas needs more instead of less, Illumination is not the way to go.

With the Simpsons sure to depart from Universal Hollywood and Orlando this decade, I wonder if this Illumination land will expand outwards towards the where the Simpsons are now. But before that happens I would not be shocked if they replace the Animal actors stage with a version of Sing on tour.