Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 156 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is a side note when talking about sky blue and blue nets....I think it would be cool if some coaster maker tried to make the tracks and supports less visible and blend in with the sky somehow (not saying for Hulk, just in general)

It may be impossible, but it would be interesting to see some attempts at it.
Transparent aluminum with absolutely no reflective qualities should do it perfectly.

That's an old Star Trek movie reference right?
Haha, kind of although I hear that material does now exist. I think the real challenge is the reflectivity. Something transparent that absorbs 100% of all light would be nearly invisible I think.

Walt-era Disneyland wasn't immune to bad ideas though:

KTPBKYC_1_65_N08B.jpg

what is that?

It does? Where?
Transparent Aluminum Now A Reality | Ubergizmo

I have no idea how its strength compares to regular aluminum so who knows if it would be pratical for track supports or if they would need to be larger thicker etc.

Now if that material could be combined with the qualities of Vantablack I think you would pretty much have invisible supports. I'm sure it's a very long way off, but it'll probably happen one day.

6 Facts About Vantablack, the Darkest Material Ever Made | Mental Floss

Reactions: Teebin and ChrisFL
Wow, that is completely bizarre! It's wild how scientists are inspired by film ideas. The only thing I remember about the movie is the whale and the mention of this material.

I recall the engineer trying to talk to the computer..then the dude pointing out the mouse so Scotty tried to talk to the mouse...my how times have changed.