Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 269 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yes, fun coaster. Strangely, it's actually not as rough now as it was after the first year of the refurb....Metal detectors are a pain. Had a few coins in my pocket that I forgot about, so they ended up in the donation box. Fortunately the delay isn't as bad on the days the park's not real crowded, like it was yesterday.

I still don't understand how it got smoother a year after the refurb but I'm not complaining.

The delay at the metal detectors is such a weird thing to complain about, if anything it's breaking up the wait in the queue.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
Universal hasn’t done a good enough job with signage for the metal detectors.

When I went in November, I don’t remember seeing any signage for what was / wasn’t allowed. There was only a team member shouting about metal detectors.

People are going to inevitably get into line with metal stuff. It’s hard to bail out to go to a locker once you step into line.

I've gone through with my wallet and glasses before, showing them it would be secure in my pockets and they let me through. I've gone through with nothing in my pockets and my belt set it off. If I'm gonna set it off each time I'll just keep the stuff in my pockets that I can secure.

Still put mostly everything in locker but need glasses to see, and would rather not put wallet in locker.

I hate to ask this (because I'm sure someone has asked before) but what are the chances that this ride gets torn down in the near future? It's really not that necessary anymore with Hagrid and Velocicoaster on the other side of the lagoon. If I were Universal, I would tear it down and build a high-tech dark ride in its place.

I hate to ask this (because I'm sure someone has asked before) but what are the chances that this ride gets torn down in the near future? It's really not that necessary anymore with Hagrid and Velocicoaster on the other side of the lagoon. If I were Universal, I would tear it down and build a high-tech dark ride in its place.

ummm....1%

Actually, no one's asked that question before...because it's pretty obvious that Hulk ain't going away for a long time. A park doesn't put the time and money into a top-to-bottom track-replacing refurbishment if they don't intend to keep the ride running in the near future. An a coaster doesn't suddenly become unnecessary just because they built a couple new ones in the park, especially when it's one of the icons of the resort. After all, if the Velocicoaster turns out as awesome as we're hoping, you know what that means? IoA has a killer Triple Threat of coasters, not every park has this.

Besides, there's a big ol' amphitheater right next to Spider-Man which offers plenty of space for something big.

I don't mean to be argumentative, because I do get the point you guys are trying to make, but there's not any room for a Spider-Man-sized building without expanding into another land (and even then, the amphitheater isn't that big) or getting rid of important backstage area behind Doom.

I don't mean to be argumentative, because I do get the point you guys are trying to make, but there's not any room for a Spider-Man-sized building without expanding into another land (and even then, the amphitheater isn't that big)
There is if you take out Doom, Storm Force and the Carnage warehouse. There’s plenty of space there, including backstage space.

Also, the TL Amphitheatre is definitely bigger than Spider-Man’s show building.

Reactions: Magic Feather
There is if you take out Doom, Storm Force and the Carnage warehouse. There’s plenty of space there, including backstage space.

Also, the TL Amphitheatre is definitely bigger than Spider-Man’s show building.
No way. The Spider-Man building is way bigger

Attachments

• A3B72FCA-C1D8-4373-A72E-A948744CF25B.jpeg
    A3B72FCA-C1D8-4373-A72E-A948744CF25B.jpeg
    697.3 KB · Views: 20
No way. The Spider-Man building is way bigger
I certainly concede that. I guess I don’t remember the SM building being so huge. :lol:

There is enough wasted space in TL however that MSHI could eat into though on top of the theater to give enough room if they really wanted.

Last edited:
Leaving Fear Fall while removing Carnage Warehouse and Storm Force is about 55k sq ft. Taking out Fear Fall bumps it to 71k. Toon Lagoon Amphitheater is about 56k sq ft.

The entirety of the Spider-Man show building (full queue and extended queue) is about 83k.

CitH = 42k
Mummy (minus extended queue and store) = 66k
Gringotts = 72k
MiB = 75k
Forbidden Journey = 73k
F&F = 68k

The thing is, they wouldn’t build a ‘second Spider-Man.“ They’d build something different, and would optimize space. Multiple levels are becoming the norm, and could allow impressive rides in much smaller footprints.

Oh, right...

Transformers takes up 34k square feet.

They have room.

Leaving Fear Fall while removing Carnage Warehouse and Storm Force is about 55k sq ft. Taking out Fear Fall bumps it to 71k. Toon Lagoon Amphitheater is about 56k sq ft.

The entirety of the Spider-Man show building (full queue and extended queue) is about 83k.

CitH = 42k
Mummy (minus extended queue and store) = 66k
Gringotts = 72k
MiB = 75k
Forbidden Journey = 73k
F&F = 68k

The thing is, they wouldn’t build a ‘second Spider-Man.“ They’d build something different, and would optimize space. Multiple levels are becoming the norm, and could allow impressive rides in much small footprints.

Transformers takes up 34k square feet.

They have room.
Exactly, the fact that they have not one, but two plots that can get them a showbuilding the size of some of the biggest at the resort is absolutely insane. Heck, without even removing the Coaster, but tightening up the last block, you could get an even bigger space, not that’s it’s necessary.