Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 37 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Twisted Colossus has the same type of set up including the shin restraints and I felt incredibly secure in it.

That is, imo, significantly different than the B&M clamshell design. The clamshell comes up between your legs and doesn't surround you at all. That wraps you and, i'm guessing, pins you down. The B&M seats are more open air than down in a hole like that. Something like that would probably work, but would definitely require a philosophy change at B&M.

I'm not a big fan of lap bars, but that design looks ok. I rode Skyrush in Hershey Park this year and that's an Intamin wing coaster with only lap bars. I did not feel secure at all, especially since I wound up in the hanging seats on the end of the row.

The problem with the intamin lap bars like the one on skyrush is Tha since it comes down from over your head if you have bigger thighs like me it hits you on the meat of your thighs and not in your waist. This gives a moment arm for your body to rotate around and with the massive airtime your butt starts to leave the seat and it's a really unsettling feeling. Since the B&M lap bars con from in front they are more comfortable while also coming right up to your waist. Perhaps the seats will have a little more wrap around to kind of hold your body in so you don't get whipped too much by the lateral g's

That is, imo, significantly different than the B&M clamshell design. The clamshell comes up between your legs and doesn't surround you at all. That wraps you and, i'm guessing, pins you down. The B&M seats are more open air than down in a hole like that. Something like that would probably work, but would definitely require a philosophy change at B&M.
It's slightly different but it's similar IMO. You're locked in from your hips down and your legs are locked in place from the shin support.

After riding Twisted Colossus, I thought it was a great system. You feel welded to your seat and you have complete freedom in the top half of your body. It's a completely different experience from any other coaster I've been on. Even through the barrel rolls, I felt completely secure. I'd love to see this system implemented.

What's interesting though, is that I haven't seen this set up yet on a 4 across train. I think the B&M system will have to be the way to go as it looks like it will be easier to move across the rows. For capacity reasons, I can't see The Hulk being reduced to a 2 across train.

I'm not a big fan of lap bars, but that design looks ok. I rode Skyrush in Hershey Park this year and that's an Intamin wing coaster with only lap bars. I did not feel secure at all, especially since I wound up in the hanging seats on the end of the row.

Sounds exhilarating.

Skyrush = Thighcrush. Most painful coaster experience of my life after Manhattan Express in Vegas. I had bruises for weeks.

Reactions: DK745
Twisted Colossus has the same type of set up including the shin restraints and I felt incredibly secure in it.

imag4567.jpg

Thanks for using my picture to illustrate the RMC restraint! It is indeed a very secure feeling even when you're twisted upside down for a second or two, but there would be one issue in Orlando with those: how tight those bars have to be in order to "get a green light". On all the Six Flags RMC roller coasters, there are at least one or two restraint rechecks per train and quite a few times, those guests have to exit since they cannot get the bar deep enough. Now think of the average Orlando visitors and how time consuming it would be to check those bars!

A two trains RMC coaster can barely get 720 pph, which is tiny compared to your average B&M. Even adding a third train would not do much good.

The rumored B&M vest restraint is a much better restraint for the Orlando market, as it is similar to the old restraints to check and can accommodate similar body shapes.

Edit: I inserted a picture of a B&M Wing Coaster with vest restraints.

imag4593.jpg

Reactions: maxairmike
Thanks for using my picture to illustrate the RMC restraint! It is indeed a very secure feeling even when you're twisted upside down for a second or two, but there would be one issue in Orlando with those: how tight those bars have to be in order to "get a green light". On all the Six Flags RMC roller coasters, there are at least one or two restraint rechecks per train and quite a few times, those guests have to exit since they cannot get the bar deep enough. Now think of the average Orlando visitors and how time consuming it would be to check those bars!

A two trains RMC coaster can barely get 720 pph, which is tiny compared to your average B&M. Even adding a third train would not do much good.

The rumored B&M vest restraint is a much better restraint for the Orlando market, as it is similar to the old restraints to check and can accommodate similar body shapes.

Edit: I inserted a picture of a B&M Wing Coaster with vest restraints.

I wonder if someone didn't see a mockup of the new trains or a pic like that and think there was only a lapbar?

To sum it up, we don't know what the new restraints are going to be. Everyone has their preference. Now can we not devote any more pages to the topic unless someone has a credible source. I think we exhausted all the possibilities and pros and cons of each. LOL!!!

Oh yeah, and notice that the screened roof over the track as it goes under the bridge is GONE! Ain't that somepin!

Oh trust me, it must be "somepin" to call it that. ;)

In all siriousness, it made sense, especially if they're getting rid of the tubular section of track for this aswell so it should be interesting..

(military salute to the final pieces of the Hulk track)

Just to think... in a few days... there will be no Hulk skyline at all at IOA. This is surreal.

It's gonna be even weirder when Doom permanently goes down in a few years.

They should just take it down now. You know.. while the cranes are there.