Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 47 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Aha! There's the money shot. Go figure that every construction picture I've seen conveniently skips footers in that state.

Yeah, I had personally never seen a footer at that state myself, so it took me a second to realize that was it.

When I was in Seaworld last week, that is what things look like where they are constructing Mako, only saw it briefly though while riding Kraken.
Just trying to understand how all of this works, they pour the concrete for the foundation, let it set and then pour the concrete for the footer?

Typically, yes, but if its a simple footer construction, they can pour it all in one shot. In the case of most footers for coasters though, they would dig the hole, build the rebar cage and put it in the hole, and pour concrete up to a certain point. It would have part of the rebar cage sticking up out of the concrete at this point. They would then build the upper part of the footer. This is the part that sticks out of the ground and is the state that the pic I posted is at. They would weld or tie the bolts into the cage then put a sonotube or build a box around it to do the final pour.

Reactions: anihilnation
I sent some pics I took from USJ to Screamscape and also mentioned that I had taken photos of the supports for the Hollywood Dream....then Lance from the site replied that they would be bigger/thicker anyway in Japan due to the higher earthquake standards needed.

I guess nothing new outside that's visible, but I want to see inside that queue!! Somebody tell @bioreconstruct to get us some pics lol.

Most of the focus right now is on the second half of the ride. That area is completely torn up. New foundations and footers are getting ready to be poured. Which makes me wonder if we're going to see some serious changes back there!

Reactions: anihilnation
Most of the focus right now is on the second half of the ride. That area is completely torn up. New foundations and footers are getting ready to be poured. Which makes me wonder if we're going to see some serious changes back there!

Any reason they'd do that if they were doing a bolt for bolt identical replacement? lol

Did they ever core-out the footers water side? I have never seen pictures showing that they actually did something.

Any reason they'd do that if they were doing a bolt for bolt identical replacement? lol

yeah, it is easier to just rip them up then going through all that coring biz. They are set in exposed earth out back.

I guess nothing new outside that's visible, but I want to see inside that queue!! Somebody tell @bioreconstruct to get us some pics lol.

Once this opens to the public, how easy will it be to get photos inside if they're not letting people into the queue without passing through a metal detector?

Obviously there will be publicity shots but I imagine there will be lots of little details that will be difficult to make it's way online.

Why not go through the metal detector to see the queue?

Oh... because the camera is an object that isn't allowed right? I suppose one will have to slip on a hidden micro camera to pull those off.

Whatever you want to take on has to be behind your belt buckle. Worked like a charm when I went in july. Unless they're going to have an xray gamma zone when hulk returns lol.

Soo went to the park today. Islands is Not the same without the Hulk Roar upon entering the front gates. The ENTIRE park was quiet today. Quiet in the sense, you could hear everything. Along with the beautiful 80 degree weather, no one seem to mind the construction. Kudos to Universal.

I really am not looking forward to the wait times though. With Kong and hulk (mostly hulk) it's going to be insane.I probably will be at the gate with my crew when they open it for sure.