Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Indiana Jones Ride at Disney Hollywood Studios?

Animation. That's where the need is. That gets people to the right side a bit more and helps out a fairly dated and underutilized area. There's really only one expansion spot on actual Sunset Blvd. That is unless they decide to demolish BatB or even Fantasmic someday. And while it may seem like blasphemy to some to demo Fantasmic, it HAS been talked about. It was where Tron was supposed to go before it got put in MK.

Yeah, Animation Courtyard would work as well.

I love CS if only for the scene when Indiana sees Marion again out of nowhere. The look on his face is a combination of excitement, confusion and WTF that makes me giggle every time.

Watching them all in quick succession, I was expecting Harrison Ford to have aged considerably but he looked in great shape in it.

I also think this was one of the greatest shots in the whole franchise when he climbs the crates and whips and misses onto one of the trucks. It's a great tracking shot.

It's funny that he missed and has a quick quip but then starts punching people.

To get back on topic about the idea of this heading to the parks. As much as I love the idea of a mine train coaster, I think it will be too many coasters for such a small park. RnRC would probably have to go to make it work or RnRC gets a retheme to Indiana Jones.

But it is.

I get Indy films had a lot of material like that, but the monkeys were on another level.

We'll have to agree to disagree. In fact, if you put a gun to my head and made me pick, I'd put the heart rip above the monkeys in terms of stupid -- but this is subjective, so we both get to be right. :)

Watching them all in quick succession, I was expecting Harrison Ford to have aged considerably but he looked in great shape in it.

I also think this was one of the greatest shots in the whole franchise when he climbs the crates and whips and misses onto one of the trucks. It's a great tracking shot.

It's funny that he missed and has a quick quip but then starts punching people.

To get back on topic about the idea of this heading to the parks. As much as I love the idea of a mine train coaster, I think it will be too many coasters for such a small park. RnRC would probably have to go to make it work or RnRC gets a retheme to Indiana Jones.

hmm, never thought about that....any way to convert RnRC to a mine car type of ride...like the Temple of Doom....would be interesting. I mean there's already two outdoor Indy coasters like this in Paris and Tokyo which aren't exactly groundbreaking in theming or storyline....

hmm, never thought about that....any way to convert RnRC to a mine car type of ride...like the Temple of Doom....would be interesting. I mean there's already two outdoor Indy coasters like this in Paris and Tokyo which aren't exactly groundbreaking in theming or storyline....

I’ve been on the one in Paris and it’s a very ok coaster but doesn’t do the IP justice. It was way more fun when it was reversed.

I don’t know how the contract with Aerosmith works if Disney are paying one license fee for both DHS and Paris or paying double but with RnRC getting an overlay to Avengers in Paris and recent chat about RnRC getting a returned in DHS, it could be a good way to develop IJ at DHS while keeping the cost down.

I think switching to a mine train should be easy enough and the theming for the queue should also be relatively easy. Building a cohesive story that will work on that coaster could be tricky. What you really want is something akin to Mummy or in a perfect world, something similar to Havrid’s coaster.

No more replacements right now. Expand the park lineup. Indy deserves more than a retheme.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't what I want to happen but if it's a way of making it happen, then I'll be happy enough.

The area between TSL and RnRC needs to be developed first to offset the huge gap that will be left when IJ and Star Tours go.

The area between TSL and RnRC needs to be developed first to offset the huge gap that will be left when IJ and Star Tours go.

I say do it all at once (which Disney won't, but this is if I were running things!), but save a Star Tours revamp/replacement until a few years after Galaxy's Edge has opened. I think there's plenty of room for an Indy area with multiple attractions without having to take out Star Tours with it.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't what I want to happen but if it's a way of making it happen, then I'll be happy enough.

I wouldn't be surprised if Star Tours actually gets demo'd in favor of an Indy Land. Take out ST and Backlot Express and you're working with a lot of land while keeping IJSS (and Star Tours isn't sticking around for the long-term anyway, so that's the one ride I can live with them using for a land).

But i'm in total agreement that Animation Courtyard and the whole area behind the giant TSL fence needs to be turned into guest space. Demo the freaking parking garage, demo it all. Give me something grand back there.

I wonder how manageable would it be to fit Star Tours in the former Pixar Place(with less ride vehicles) and make it one way of entering the land.
For me that's the only reason they have to save the ride.

They should just make the left part of the park Lucas & Henson, and find some kind of theme for the left: animation, music, or even something even more vague so they can fit whatevet they want there.

I say do it all at once (which Disney won't, but this is if I were running things!), but save a Star Tours revamp/replacement until a few years after Galaxy's Edge has opened. I think there's plenty of room for an Indy area with multiple attractions without having to take out Star Tours with it.

I just don’t see a way in which Star Tours will exist in the same park as Galaxy’s Edge once the crowds die down. I mean that could be 5 years at a minimum.
I wouldn't be surprised if Star Tours actually gets demo'd in favor of an Indy Land. Take out ST and Backlot Express and you're working with a lot of land while keeping IJSS (and Star Tours isn't sticking around for the long-term anyway, so that's the one ride I can live with them using for a land).

But i'm in total agreement that Animation Courtyard and the whole area behind the giant TSL fence needs to be turned into guest space. Demo the freaking parking garage, demo it all. Give me something grand back there.

This is assuming that the next thing Disney builds is going to be Indy. Something else could easily go in the animation courtyard and Disney aren’t exactly starved for IPs that can be used and are currently underdeveloped.

Could a TSL expansion happen into that land?

This is assuming that the next thing Disney builds is going to be Indy. Something else could easily go in the animation courtyard and Disney aren’t exactly starved for IPs that can be used and are currently underdeveloped.

Could a TSL expansion happen into that land?
I'm not assuming that it'll be next, i'm just speculating on the area.

And as far as TSL... because of the fence, there's really not much expansion that can happen, but there's an area at the very front of the land that could work. It is in front of the over-sized Woody (giggity) but if Walt Disney Presents ever gets demolish for any reason it would free up space.

I'm talking about this area. A sit-down or a flat could easily go here:

I'm not assuming that it'll be next, i'm just speculating on the area.

And as far as TSL... because of the fence, there's really not much expansion that can happen, but there's an area at the very front of the land that could work. It is in front of the over-sized Woody (giggity) but if Walt Disney Presents ever gets demolish for any reason it would free up space.

I'm talking about this area. A sit-down or a flat could easily go here:

I don’t think the wall would be a big deal to move back if they had to. I feel like TSL needs something else but for the life of me I can’t think what.

I don’t think the wall would be a big deal to move back if they had to. I feel like TSL needs something else but for the life of me I can’t think what.
Idk, that wall is pretty damn large and even if it was cheapish to move, Disney wouldn't do it. There's pretty much no ROI on moving that fence and like I said, even if they wanted to put in a restaurant, there is room in what could be considered part of the land. Build the building there and the entrance more over in the actual land.

I love CS if only for the scene when Indiana sees Marion again out of nowhere. The look on his face is a combination of excitement, confusion and WTF that makes me giggle every time.

Not having her slug him like she did in Raiders is easily the biggest missed opportunity in the entire movie. Truly baffling.

Agreed, the only viable expansion is at the entrance to the land. The fence is right up against a whole bunch of necessary backstage for TSL and the park as a whole.