Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Infinity Falls - 2018 Raft Ride

Ummm,

buschgardens-fabio-roller-coaster-1999apr.jpg

18 years ago Fabio was hit by a goose on Busch Gardens roller coaster | WTKR.com

Infinity seems to be slower than I would think, and that maybe it's due to resources being put all over the place?

Yeah, I doubt there they are behind schedule. All the infrastructure, electric and plumbing takes a good deal of time. Too, there is no real lack of workers in Florida. Where do you think the crews from volcano bay and pandora went?

Yeah, I doubt there they are behind schedule. All the infrastructure, electric and plumbing takes a good deal of time. Too, there is no real lack of workers in Florida. Where do you think the crews from volcano bay and pandora went?

Moved onto TSL, SW, F&F, Aventura, Guardians, DHS car park expansion, Mickey and Minnie, Gondolas, Riviera, HP coaster, VB expansion, Grand Avenue, Disney Springs car park, Disneyquest demolition?

Moved onto TSL, SW, F&F, Aventura, Guardians, DHS car park expansion, Mickey and Minnie, Gondolas, Riviera, HP coaster, VB expansion, Grand Avenue, Disney Springs car park, Disneyquest demolition?

Don't you mean preparing DisneyQuest to be imploded? ;)

Perhaps it's that things are on schedule, but I would think as this is a new ride system altogether if my brain is telling the right things that they would've gone vertical a month or two back to do testing encase.

Don't you mean preparing DisneyQuest to be imploded? ;)

Perhaps it's that things are on schedule, but I would think as this is a new ride system altogether if my brain is telling the right things that they would've gone vertical a month or two back to do testing encase.
It's not a new system though, the vertical lift has been done before, this one will just be the biggest.

What on earth makes SeaWorld think that showing off a single ride vehicle is something that hypes people up...?

They’ve done it like clockwork for the last several rides.

Also - anyone from the forum going to IAAPA? I really wanted to but scheduling with work just isn’t going to allow it.

What on earth makes SeaWorld think that showing off a single ride vehicle is something that hypes people up...?

Also - anyone from the forum going to IAAPA? I really wanted to but scheduling with work just isn’t going to allow it.

To be fair, many companies have done that for IAAPA; with B&M, Vekoma, Premier, and tons of others doing the same. Along with models of their creations in some cases.

To be fair, many companies have done that for IAAPA; with B&M, Vekoma, Premier, and tons of others doing the same. Along with models of their creations in some cases.

But those are the manufacturers and the vehicle essentially is their product.

It’d be like going to a Fine Dining expo and the Michelin 3 Star place has a big reveal of their next table setting. Yeah, at that expo there’s going to be a place that has fancy napkins because that’s what they do, but the big names are supposed to be selling their final product, their experience. Not the nuts and bolts.

And to the same point: if they want to be taken seriously as a major theme park, behave like one.

This (just like the other times they've done it at IAAPA) is the manufacturer doing it with SeaWorld's permission. It's not necessarily SeaWorld's core strategy to hype a new attraction, it's just a preview for the fans and the people in the industry. They're not building a whole marketing campaign around it.

I don't think it's going to hype people up but we'll discuss it here and no doubt, most of the Orlando theme park facebook pages will post something about encouraging more discussion and maybe alerting people who didn't know that SeaWorld are building a new ride.

It's cheap advertising.

I don't think it's going to hype people up but we'll discuss it here and no doubt, most of the Orlando theme park facebook pages will post something about encouraging more discussion and maybe alerting people who didn't know that SeaWorld are building a new ride.

It's cheap advertising.
FREE advertising!

Hoping to go. Planned on it last year but couldn't get tickets. Boss might actually have some this year though.

It's a rapids ride. Not a particularly difficult attraction to build.

Almost a novelty nowadays in the states. Pretty rare for a water attraction that's in a dry park to be installed nowadays. We're more about tearing them down at the moment.
Which sucks, because they're normally more family friendly rides...and I LOVE water rides!