Infinity Falls - 2018 Raft Ride | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Infinity Falls - 2018 Raft Ride

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That's nice that it has a big drop. I wanted to know if the ride was going to be short though.
I cannot find a track length for Kali on the web, but the drop is only 20ft at the end of the ride according to Disney's site (30ft if you believe wiki.) Compare that to Infinity's record-breaking 40 ft drop.

The ride time is about 4.5 minutes for Kali, (similar to infinity's 4 min time,) and that includes Kali's long and slow 90 ft incline at the beginning. Infinity will have a quicker incline with the elevator lift, so that leaves a lot more time for action as compared to Kali.

Kali does allow for 20 rafts at once, whereas Infinity is 14 at a time. I'm sure a big part of the difference is how much space Kali's low angle lift is vs Infinity's quick elevator. Kali can hold several boats on its 90 ft long lift hill alone, vs Infinity's only 1 at a time on the elevator.

So, I'm guessing Kali is longer by distance, but a good chunk of that is a slow moving incline at the start. Both rides have similar ride times, so expect Infinity Falls to be a more exciting ride all the way through.

Article and 1st post has all the answers. :thumbsup:
Bri, can you add some of the new info like min height requirement to the main post stats:
  • 8 People per raft
  • 14 Rafts on track
  • 1520 feet of track
  • Minimum Height: 42" to ride
Oh, and splash level: Soaked.

Reactions: JoeCamel
I cannot find a track length for Kali on the web, but the drop is only 20ft at the end of the ride according to Disney's site (30ft if you believe wiki.) Compare that to Infinity's record-breaking 40 ft drop.

The ride time is about 4.5 minutes for Kali, (similar to infinity's 4 min time,) and that includes Kali's long and slow 90 ft incline at the beginning. Infinity will have a quicker incline with the elevator lift, so that leaves a lot more time for action as compared to Kali.

Kali does allow for 20 rafts at once, whereas Infinity is 14 at a time. I'm sure a big part of the difference is how much space Kali's low angle lift is vs Infinity's quick elevator. Kali can hold several boats on its 90 ft long lift hill alone, vs Infinity's only 1 at a time on the elevator.

So, I'm guessing Kali is longer by distance, but a good chunk of that is a slow moving incline at the start. Both rides have similar ride times, so expect Infinity Falls to be a more exciting ride all the way through.
Isn't Kali also 12 person boats instead of Infinity's 8 person ones as well? So it will seem faster and more intense on the smaller boats

Reactions: Alicia
Isn't Kali also 12 person boats instead of Infinity's 8 person ones as well? So it will seem faster and more intense on the smaller boats
Correct.

I'm guessing having a smaller river width to save space has a lot to do with the 8 vs 12. And elevator lift weight too I guess. But mostly river width.

I just really hope they build this quickly so they have plenty of time to test. Building an INTAMIN prototype is bound to have issues delaying its opening. Look at their track record with Flacon's Fury, Maverick, Shoot the Rapids, etc.. They may end up having to build then rebuild things...

SeaWorld really knows how to make additions to their park. They not only announce a ride but also surrounding areas which they'll certainly include new food, tie it into their conservation theme, the animals, etc. They don't get enough credit for what they do. This is SeaWorld's most exciting addition since I don't even know what. Unexpected but so fitting for the park. Hope it's a huge hit.

Bri, can you add some of the new info like min height requirement to the main post stats:
I am guessing the deep v necks shown in the art is the artists hoping. It sounds like the level of soaking on this ride would call for a full bathing suit and the street clothes shown are merely dreams rendered as art

Seems like it'll be a great addition. I'd really rather SeaWorld stick to this sort of attraction than try their hand at dark rides again. I've always wanted it to become a more highly themed, marine focused version of Busch Gardens and this definitely brings it a little closer to that vision.

I feel like SeaWorld misunderstands why people like certain ride types an how people self-sort into various groups.

People who like raft rides might be the same people who like flume drop rides, but typically people tend to go for one or the other. The group that wants a raft ride with a big drop is fairly small. Like a venn diagram - they exist, but they're not the majority.

It's like making a "small world" themed hyper coaster, singing dolls and giant drop. Small group would like it, most will self select out of the experience.

Experience what it's like to be a SeaWorld stock holder as you plummet down a slippery incline until you too end up soggy and miserable at the very bottom

I've made money on SEAS the past two years. Got to know when to hold them and when to fold them. They'll stay part of my thme park stock basket.

I has a sad because my next trip to Orlando Spring Break 2018 and this will not be ready.

Reactions: P@n!K_Sw1tC#
I am not a water ride person, but this looks very cool! I really hope it turns out to be as lush and natural looking as the videos and pictures and they incorporate the Terrace into it well. I was wondering how they could make a rapids ride unique enough to attract visitors and this is it. I love the rain forest theme and the drop is awesome. I was actually wanting something like this for Busch Gardens Tampa so I was surprised and excited to see it coming here. I think it will be a great addition to the park and can't wait for it to open next year. I am very happy they will be incorporating the Sea Garden animals into it. I was hoping they would do that. This doesn't make up for ending the breeding program though...

I feel like SeaWorld misunderstands why people like certain ride types an how people self-sort into various groups.

People who like raft rides might be the same people who like flume drop rides, but typically people tend to go for one or the other. The group that wants a raft ride with a big drop is fairly small. Like a venn diagram - they exist, but they're not the majority.

It's like making a "small world" themed hyper coaster, singing dolls and giant drop. Small group would like it, most will self select out of the experience.
Well I bought an AP (dirt cheap at the time) when they opened Antarctica. I won't make that mistake again so the reviews have to be stellar for this, Mako they are. With the two I might be persuaded to venture out again. Time tells

Last edited: