Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

IOA Fun Facts

Feb 1, 2008
Sweltering South FL
From the wonderousness that is Wikipedia...

:hulk: There is enough electrical cable in the Hulk booster (which thrusts guests up the initial incline) to cover the length of the Boston Marathon (26 miles).
The Incredible Hulk Coaster launcher provides about 45,000 pounds of thrust for two seconds. If the same thrust were used on a bowling ball, it would reach the Pacific Ocean.

:spider: The The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man set encompasses 1.5 acres.

The initial launch at the beginning of Doctor Doom uses more thrust than a 747 jet engine and accelerates faster than the space shuttle.

(Sorry, no Dr.Doom little guy for this one :lol:)

:hulk:
1. The Incredible Hulk was featured at the beginning of the 1999 film House on Haunted Hill under the pseudonym "Terror Incognita".
2. Voted the #1 roller coaster by Discovery Channel viewers in 1999
3. The Incredible Hulk Coaster will appear in Universal Studios Singapore, which will open in 2010.

:spider:
1. In the ride, just after Hobgoblin's attack on the bridge there is a phone number on the marquee of the Coup Theatre. If you call the number there is a message about the theater being closed as a result of the battle. (407)224-1783. This number used to belong to Thierry Coup, the Creative Director for the Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man. The message that plays is as follows:
"Thank you for calling the Coup Theatre. Due to the recent unpleasantness caused by Doc Ock and his gang of villains, we will be closed until further notice, or at least until Spider-Man can make our city safe again."
2. At the end of the ride, in the big falling scene, after Spider-Man saves us and his web stretches towards the street we come really close to hitting a manhole cover which has a message engraved on it. The message reads: "Not an Exit".
3. There are 13 screens on the attraction, 12 of which use the 3D effect.

Dueling Dragons
1. Dueling Dragons is seen in the movie Bring It On: In It to Win It, but is known as the Double Dragon.
2. The tracks are filled with sand to reduce noise, because of the proximity of the coaster to Dr. Phillips High School. Shortly after the park opened, huge walls behind the ride were put up after local residents complained about the screaming.

Dudley:
This is the first flume ride to send riders plummeting below the water level.
Experience a 75-foot drop beneath the shack at a 70 degree angle.

And ya nice find peaches

Last edited:
Nice, this could be a fun thread.
Seuss Landing:
* It is said that there are no straight lines in Seuss Landing.
* The area covers ten acres.
* The crooked palm trees found in the island are from Hurricane Andrew in South Florida.
* The buildings in Seuss Landing are made out of Styrofoam.
* Corey Burton provides the voice of the Grinch on the radio that is located in Sneetch Beach.
(From IOAC)

Jurassic Park:
# urassic Park is the largest island at over 21 acres.

# The island is filled with nearly 4,000 trees and 65,000 shrubs and bushes.

# According to the queue video in the former "Triceratops Discovery Trail" attraction, the Jurassic Park at Islands of Adventure is not "Isla Nublar" from the original Jurassic Park film, nor is it "Isla Sorna" from the sequel The Lost World - the island in the park is supposed to be, in fact, a new Jurassic Park site location as a whole.
(Also from IOAC)

Nice, this could be a fun thread.
Seuss Landing:
* It is said that there are no straight lines in Seuss Landing. * The area covers ten acres.
* The crooked palm trees found in the island are from Hurricane Andrew in South Florida.
* The buildings in Seuss Landing are made out of Styrofoam.
* Corey Burton provides the voice of the Grinch on the radio that is located in Sneetch Beach.
(From IOAC)

Jurassic Park:
# urassic Park is the largest island at over 21 acres.

# The island is filled with nearly 4,000 trees and 65,000 shrubs and bushes.

# According to the queue video in the former "Triceratops Discovery Trail" attraction, the Jurassic Park at Islands of Adventure is not "Isla Nublar" from the original Jurassic Park film, nor is it "Isla Sorna" from the sequel The Lost World - the island in the park is supposed to be, in fact, a new Jurassic Park site location as a whole.
(Also from IOAC)
I think chunkymonkey got a pic of a straight line.

Isn't there a place in the park were you can hear somebody die? I think its Iron Man, but not sure.

I think Jake or Ralph said it was Wolverine but I've never actually heard it.

The details in Marvel are great. There are so many small details. One thing I always wondered though - instead of this being a land - why is it that the bad guys are always winning on the streets.

I know that the Fantasic Four are "dead" on the ground outside Dr. Dooms. There is a place where yo can here a super hero die. It is really creative...but man...these designers really wanted Marvel to have their heros work hard.

here's some rep for you, Sabre. :rep:
EDIT: Sorry, I have to spread some around first.
If chunkymonkey actually got a pic of a straight line in Seuss Landing, I want to see it! I have never seen a straight line. Heck, even the trees are crooked and wavy!

If chunkymonkey actually got a pic of a straight line in Seuss Landing, I want to see it! I have never seen a straight line. Heck, even the trees are crooked and wavy!

Yeah I heard on a Travel Channel special that they transported those from Miami, they were all twisted after a hurricane, Andrew maybe, and they fit perfectly in there.

haha! Yet, you have higher rep power than I... go figure. :shrug:

Thats because my post count is higher. Every 100 post - I get 1 rep point, so theres 12 points of my Rep Points power. lol. The Rep people give you equals more green boxes.

haha - its ok - you last gave me some a few days back - before then I had 1 other person give me rep in like 2 weeks.

Yeah I heard on a Travel Channel special that they transported those from Miami, they were all twisted after a hurricane, Andrew maybe, and they fit perfectly in there.

I have not heard about that. That is really cool - because it is so creative. At work - someone who was a Dr. Suess fan made our logo as a Dr. Suess logo and it is really cool. I will try to remember and take a picture of it...because it is neat.

I think we can forgive seuss since it is a fence - for safety reasons...lol...
P1040616.png

http://www.orlandounited.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9991&postcount=316