Iron Gwazi (General Discussion) | Page 95 | Inside Universal Forums

Iron Gwazi (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Went recently and loved Gwazi. Anyone know when was the last time they activated the water portion on Cheetah Hunt? It adds so much to the ride experience.
It’s kinda seasonal, they turn it on when they feel
like it.

Last edited:
Went recently and loved Gwazi. Anyone know when was the last time they activated the water portion on Cheetah Hunt? It adds so much to the ride experience.
I feel like it was causing some maintenance woes for them and was cut

I would like if they at least filled it in with gravel or something a bit more visually pleasing

I got to go on this monstrosity on Saturday. Wow what a fantastic ride! I personally think this is the best coaster in Orlando.

Steel Vengeance is still my number one after riding it, but this thing is REALLY close. Those turns and hills catch me off guard. It’s fast, exhilarating, and just a phenomenal ride.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
While this is obviously far from the most important thing with Ian, I hope the structural integrity holds.
I wouldn't worry-- a lattice structure lets wind pass through it. Also, it SHOULD be more than strong enough to withstand this. If not it shouldn't be operating.

Of course now it looks like its out of the direct line of fire and getting the "good" side of the hurricane instead of a direct hit.

Finally got to ride IG a couple of Sundays ago, including at night during HOS. I was super impressed, night rides in the back were so intense I could see into the future lol. The way it hits that roll at speed was amazing and that ejector airtime through the ride. BGT has an amazing coaster line up now, including those 2 bada$$ old school beemers.

Reactions: OrlLover and Freak
Finally got to ride IG a couple of Sundays ago, including at night during HOS. I was super impressed, night rides in the back were so intense I could see into the future lol. The way it hits that roll at speed was amazing and that ejector airtime through the ride. BGT has an amazing coaster line up now, including those 2 bada$$ old school beemers.
How long did you wait during HOS?

How long did you wait during HOS?
By about 10 pm when we had done a run through the haunt stuff, it was 5 minutes - this was Sunday 18th Sept. I had to do a double take on that on that wait time, thought it was a mistake, but the station was almost empty. Looked like it was an hour earlier in the night from the app. Seemed the Fiends show draws a lot of people away while it's on.

Reactions: shiekra38
I hope someone here knows something and can enlighten us...I was thinking of going either the Saturday before Thanksgiving or the Saturday after.

Last edited:
It's down for maintenance before the Christmas rush begins, not a huge surprise

I don't think anything is *wrong* with it necessarily

Wouldn't they have a schedule though?

I'm guessing the attraction they care most about having open is Cheetah Hunt, since that's unquestionably the GP's favorite.

Last edited:
Wouldn't they have a schedule though?

I'm guessing the attraction they care most about having open is Cheetah Hunt, since that's unquestionably the GP's favorite.
I'm sure they didn't want an "Iron Gwazi is closed" type thing broadcasted, I bet you it goes down again after Christmas too

It was buggy during opening year for sure and those issues haven't been addressed since it has been so popular

Again, I don't think anything's wrong with it other than it just being new and having normal new issues lol

Lol I saw a few Reddit posts about how it's "CLOSED INDEFINITELY" and such

And yet...

Sometimes it's helpful to just wait a few days before freaking out

This ride is elite during the day but it's an absolute monster at night. Hands down the most insane, out of control roller coaster experience I've ever had.

I'm extremely grateful they still have the pouches in place.

They still need to send an exterminator to the top during the daytime though. :wow:

Last edited: