Islands of Adventure 25th Anniversary | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Islands of Adventure 25th Anniversary

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I get it's a contractual thing but uh.. wouldn't Marvel still make money in this case? What exactly is the reason to not allow it? lol
My assumption is that Marvel wanted to prevent Universal from selling (for example) Spider-Man t-shirts online because it would undercut the profit they could make by selling them themselves. So, it's not a matter of "would Marvel make money on this" (maybe?) but more that they'd make more by selling a "similar" shirt themselves.

It still sucks out loud, though.

My assumption is that Marvel wanted to prevent Universal from selling (for example) Spider-Man t-shirts online because it would undercut the profit they could make by selling them themselves. So, it's not a matter of "would Marvel make money on this" (maybe?) but more that they'd make more by selling a "similar" shirt themselves.

It still sucks out loud, though.
Interesting. It makes sense, but yeah.. it does suck. Idk how I never noticed there was no Marvel merch online.

Reactions: Stonecoldfreak1