Jobs at USH | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Jobs at USH

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wonder what the guides are expected to do if the power went out for the entire tram...

That would be difficult to imagine.

So, I was on the tour, near the end, we were stuck on the tram for about 30 minutes, our guide played the usual Tramtastic song and was played entirely without any disruption, then we saw very rare videos, our guide played us a video on the history of the theme park.. very odd. But also showed us tram cameos, dating back to the 60's.

Reactions: alexvstorace
Anyhow, there was a job opening for minors for spring break 2013. Didn't take it since i am only 2 more years until i am 16.

They really make it seem like you've accomplished something when you get hired at Universal. First they have a 1 on 1 interview if they like you then next they put you in a group interview with some awesome group activities to show how you work as a team. (one activity involving legos and and another in theme park designing). After passing all that you go into job training. but you're still technically not-hired because you still need to pass a test in order to be an official Crew Member.

I'm a recent hire and so far my experience with them has been awesome. the co-workers are friendly and surprisingly you can really get along with your bosses.  It really feels like a close knit work enviorment.

If you want to work for Universal heres a little tip if your going into the interview process. they prefer attitude over experience, give off a friendly, out-going aura of yourself and you'll most likely be seen as a potential hire.

Last edited by a moderator:
They really make it seem like you've accomplished something when you get hired at Universal. First they have a 1 on 1 interview if they like you then next they put you in a group interview with some awesome group activities to show how you work as a team. (one activity involving legos and and another in theme park designing). After passing all that you go into job training. but you're still technically not-hired because you still need to pass a test in order to be an official Crew Member.

I'm a recent hire and so far my experience with them has been awesome. the co-workers are friendly and surprisingly you can really get along with your bosses.  It really feels like a close knit work enviorment.

If you want to work for Universal heres a little tip if your going into the interview process. they prefer attitude over experience, give off a friendly, out-going aura of yourself and you'll most likely be seen as a potential hire.
Congrats on the new job! And thanks for the info too! What department will you be joining?

And welcome to the site, by the way! It's nice to have you. =)

Congrats on the new job! And thanks for the info too! What department will you be joining?

And welcome to the site, by the way! It's nice to have you. =)
Thanks its a really enjoyable job and I hope to stay here for awhile, maybe move up eventually in their Creative Universal Department. For now I'm either the one in the information booth, or walking around the front gate asking people if they have any questions before entering the park (My favorite position in my opinion since I can really talk about the park and give advice, opinions and information on how to spend their day at the park, but I'm rarely at this positon) But for the most part I'm one of the ticket takers haha.

Thanks for the welcome, its nice to be here. :)

Thanks for the welcome, its nice to be here. :)
Welcome! That does seem like a nice position to be in.

Here's hoping you move on up. Working at a park can be pretty stressful, but there are people suited for the position.

Do you plan on moving to any position in the near future?

Welcome! That does seem like a nice position to be in.

Here's hoping you move on up. Working at a park can be pretty stressful, but there are people suited for the position.

Do you plan on moving to any position in the near future?
It can get pretty stressful but for the most part its really a chill job and one where a theme park enthusiast can really have fun in.  Its only stressful when guests complain about things that you can't help with (like the weather, crowds, or how scary a ride was for them and they didn't know about it). 

There are two places where I want to change positions in.  One being a VIP experience tour guide. I know we've been through the hiring process already, but I'd want to wait a little more and work at my position before I try out as a tour guide.

I'd prefer being a VIP tour guide and not one of the regular tram tours.  Its mostly scripted and you have to stay with it (at least thats what I think), however from my understanding of the VIP version you can really branch out and be yourself more. of course there are basic information that you have to talk about.  I usually talk with the VIP employees whenever I get the chance and from what they tell me sometimes it can be pretty stressful.  You have half a day with these people and its your job to get them through the park as quickly and enjoyably (for them) as possible you basically have a time limit from when you start, till they have their VIP lunch so trying to get them through as much rides and shows (also the extended tour) before lunch can be pretty stressful, especially on crowded days. After all this I'd still love to try out for the position next time it comes up :)

Another position would be anywhere in the new Wizarding World of Harry Potter.  I'd really enjoy getting into character, possibly calling our guests muggles, and trying to take a picture of them with their camera, wondering how this "muggle contraption" works.  I could really have fun with it. also what fan of Harry Potter doesn't want to wear Hogwarts school attire as their work Uniform :D

Reactions: BehindTheTheme
I'd prefer being a VIP tour guide and not one of the regular tram tours.  Its mostly scripted and you have to stay with it (at least thats what I think), however from my understanding of the VIP version you can really branch out and be yourself more. of course there are basic information that you have to talk about.  I usually talk with the VIP employees whenever I get the chance and from what they tell me sometimes it can be pretty stressful.  You have half a day with these people and its your job to get them through the park as quickly and enjoyably (for them) as possible you basically have a time limit from when you start, till they have their VIP lunch so trying to get them through as much rides and shows (also the extended tour) before lunch can be pretty stressful, especially on crowded days. After all this I'd still love to try out for the position next time it comes up :)
Good luck! I hear it's a coveted position, so you'll be competing with other guides just to be considered.

We definitely should get a VIP Experience tour arranged one day. I've only been a VIP pass holder during Halloween Horror Nights, and it was interesting to say the least. Would love to experience a behind-the-scenes look at the backlot.