Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Journey to Atlantis

I'm really hoping this includes story changes. JTA is a shell of it's former self. And to be honest I don't get why this needs a retracking in the first place, because the ride was never rough when I rode it (which was recently).

First, hey that’s my Twitter account! and yup, track is on site, and about 13 cherry pickers. They are repainting the building, I don’t know if they are doing the white and blue domes, to make it more “Greek” like the queue, or restoring the original colors. But I don’t know anything about the inside getting updated

I agree, JTA has a lot of untapped (but very easily tapped) potential and it's been both sad and frustrating to watch it turn into a shell of its former self for seemingly no reason for the past few years. I legit think I could personally fund and carry out a redo of the story/dark ride elements of the ride that would give it back an actual cohesive story, considering most if not all the props and effects are still in place and in working condition. Here's hoping SeaWorld throws us a bone and restores the story-telling aspect of the ride; I really won't understand their reasoning if they don't.

I'd make a bet that was part of the concepts for the park makeover under the Chinese investment company (along with the hotel spanning the front entrance, etc.)

I'd make a bet that was part of the concepts for the park makeover under the Chinese investment company (along with the hotel spanning the front entrance, etc.)
The front entrance concept, dark ride, coaster and this would have dynamically changed this park in a positive way

I also saw a concept for a complete overhaul of Wild Arctic with interactive elements (i.e. Smugglers Run)

Either way, I'm happy they are least heading *a* direction...I'm of course partial to the MOAR COASTERZ approach

The front entrance concept, dark ride, coaster and this would have dynamically changed this park in a positive way

I also saw a concept for a complete overhaul of Wild Arctic with interactive elements (i.e. Smugglers Run)

Either way, I'm happy they are least heading *a* direction...I'm of course partial to the MOAR COASTERZ approach
It would have been something, but the problem was they had their sights set on competing with Universal and Disney and unless that could have been a sustained infusion of cash and no cutting corners (doubtful) it never would have worked. AB with all their money couldn't keep up with the competition. A public traded regional park company really couldn't because they are constantly under pressure to cut costs and boost profits.

The company realized it's better off trying to serve the local/thrill market which has been largely priced out of the "big" parks and will only get more priced out as the parks cater to wealthy vacationers rather than average families. The Orlando market is full of families just getting by who are looking for more reasonably priced attractions.

It would have been something, but the problem was they had their sights set on competing with Universal and Disney and unless that could have been a sustained infusion of cash and no cutting corners (doubtful) it never would have worked. AB with all their money couldn't keep up with the competition. A public traded regional park company really couldn't because they are constantly under pressure to cut costs and boost profits.

The company realized it's better off trying to serve the local/thrill market which has been largely priced out of the "big" parks and will only get more priced out as the parks cater to wealthy vacationers rather than average families. The Orlando market is full of families just getting by who are looking for more reasonably priced attractions.
JTA 1.0 did compete quite well with the likes of Disney and Universal, but I definitely understand your point

My bigger gripe with SWP right now is the loss of identity that came with the Blackfish debacle

I miss the days of coasters integrated with animal habitats inspired by some aspect of them

Rides/queues like Manta and Cheetah Hunt were uniquely SeaWorld and BGT and uniquely different from Disney and Universal

But I understand the here and now, and I understand how much turnover has occurred in every department

At least things are still loosely tied to the vision

I think the cards will continue to play in SWP favor as people continue to be priced out of Universal and Disney, and they continue to roll out more interesting offerings