Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 760 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:usa:
Good for the construction team! Hope they enjoy their day. It will happen, no sense in splitting hairs over when. The longer they wait, the more a 2021 opening will makes sense.

Reactions: belloq87
Well it seems that I'm 0-2 so I'm just going to quit before I strike out. Seemed sure that it was going to happen today. Guess I was wrong, wrong, wrongity wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: Disneyhead
Okay, enjoy everyone. I'm out. I don't care anymore. Just enjoy the ride... whatever it ends up being like, or when. Kind of tired of being a laughing stock here. Don't feel welcomed. But I digress... enjoy.

• Love
Reactions: MartyMcFly
Okay, enjoy everyone. I'm out. I don't care anymore. Just enjoy the ride... whatever it ends up being like, or when. Kind of tired of being a laughing stock here. Don't feel welcomed. But I digress... enjoy.
No worries. You made an appropriate "my bad". A lot of us that live in the area come across info that "doesn't pan out". I myself have been in a similar situation multiple times.

A lot of people are pointing out that it was a Holiday that would have involved overtime. Yeah. But they have been working 24/7 for a while including weekends. There are premiums on a lot of those shift times so doing a Holiday wouldn't have been out of the question.

I regarded your info as plausible leaning towards likely given where they are in track installation and the arrival of the new crane. It didn't work out. No big deal. And as others have said, these workers have been rocking like rock stars for about 3.5 months. So I am glad they had a chance to spend the Holiday with their families.

The sad part is after the top hat goes in, things slow way down. Track installation is fast and exciting. After it's done and we are in the theming phase, things get slow and we get exciting stuff like, "OMG, OMG, OMG! They are putting a planter beside the stairs in front of the Discovery Center!" Or, "Those amber Carriage Lanterns they are using by the water front are :fire:!"

No worries. You made an appropriate "my bad". A lot of us that live in the area come across info that "doesn't pan out". I myself have been in a similar situation multiple times.

A lot of people are pointing out that it was a Holiday that would have involved overtime. Yeah. But they have been working 24/7 for a while including weekends. There are premiums on a lot of those shift times so doing a Holiday wouldn't have been out of the question.

I regarded your info as plausible leaning towards likely given where they are in track installation and the arrival of the new crane. It didn't work out. No big deal. And as others have said, these workers have been rocking like rock stars for about 3.5 months. So I am glad they had a chance to spend the Holiday with their families.

The sad part is after the top hat goes in, things slow way down. Track installation is fast and exciting. After it's done and we are in the theming phase, things get slow and we get exciting stuff like, "OMG, OMG, OMG! They are putting a planter beside the stairs in front of the Discovery Center!" Or, "Those amber Carriage Lanterns they are using by the water front are :fire:!"

I think there will still be plenty to see as so much of it is outside. The most boring project was probably Fallon as it was pretty much all internal.

Reactions: Disneyhead
Instead or a flag, I have sometimes seen them use a tree.

tripsdrill1.jpg

It would be pretty cool if Universal decided to use a little palm tree.

Reactions: JoeCamel
I wonder if rock work of that scale will ultimately obscure Doctor Doom, which is currently quite visible from certain vantage points in that area. Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.