Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 762 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Universal, in the past, made such a big deal/a ceremonious thing, out of topping a coaster? I would think it would be odd on doing so with a ride you haven't even announced.

Just going to say... WOAH! But I don't believe they're going to finish it until tonight for two reasons. 1, notice the position of the crane. It's been lowered to it's resting position. 2, when it's cooler at night, it's more optimal to install the track as heat makes the metal expand during the day and it would be very difficult to make it fit together, especially that far off the ground. Bonus reason... They won't have thousands of people congregating and not social distancing during the final section install. But it wouldn't stop them assembling the final section during the day. You'll definitely see activity today.

So, I have a hard time with scale on this. How tall with this top off? It looks like maybe 150 feet but, again, I am having trouble figuring it out. If only 150 feet, would that mean that the top speed would hit around 65-70 mph?

So, I have a hard time with scale on this. How tall with this top off? It looks like maybe 150 feet but, again, I am having trouble figuring it out. If only 150 feet, would that mean that the top speed would hit around 65-70 mph?

Speed and height are not analogous when you can adjust for things like a larger top hat radius. Example: Full Throttle goes 70 mph with a top hat at 164 ft.

It looks like it's just about the same height as Rockit. It is coming from a few feet below grade as well. I'm thinking it's right around 165' from the water to the crest.
Speaking of Rockit, why is universal scared of vertical drops? I heard the reasoning behind rockit is because they wanted it to be more family friendly but everything along this course does not scream family friendly to me.

Speaking of Rockit, why is universal scared of vertical drops? I heard the reasoning behind rockit is because they wanted it to be more family friendly but everything along this course does not scream family friendly to me.
It's funny because most people I ride Rockit with are terrified of the vertical lift. Universal is definitely pushing the envelope with Velocicoaster. The drop out of the top hat looks damn near 85 degrees.

Just going to say... WOAH! But I don't believe they're going to finish it until tonight for two reasons. 1, notice the position of the crane. It's been lowered to it's resting position. 2, when it's cooler at night, it's more optimal to install the track as heat makes the metal expand during the day and it would be very difficult to make it fit together, especially that far off the ground. Bonus reason... They won't have thousands of people congregating and not social distancing during the final section install. But it wouldn't stop them assembling the final section during the day. You'll definitely see activity today.
The top hat section is already assembled on the ground. Just waiting to he hoisted. The final sections seems to be the turn into the brake run and the return to the station. . .

I knew you were right @Scott W.

As far as the height/speed thing, the ride is looking a lot like Taiga which goes 65.9 into a 170 ft. “Top hat”. I’m not sure if this is 170 though, it looks more like it’s going to be 160 to me. I’ll have to see in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.